• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Started playing this on gamepass but stopped once I got wind of a next gen update. Looking forward to getting back into it.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
So wait is there any differences between this version and the series x that was patched at the beginning of the year?

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
started this again on series x some months back.
and honestly it was already like completely different experience compared to one x at launch.
wonder what next gen patch will bring.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize this hadn't come out already. I finished the platinum just before the announcement. I don't think I would go back to it, but I really liked this game and hope other people will give it a go - especially if they were sheepish about the console performance.

Edit: Oh, hmm, maybe I'm confusing this with a next-gen patch to the PS4 version?
Yeah, the patch came out a while ago, but there's a native upgrade now on top of that.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hummmmmm tempted to buy it on sale now but what happens if the PS5 upgrade is not free? lol

Nov 2, 2018
Could you elaborate on this at all?

Obviously 60 FPS without that drop to 1080p will be a benefit, but did they really patch the wonky collision/traversal and general jankiness?

I had a similar experience. It obviously doesn't fix any of the jank but it does make combat more fluid especially since I only just learned the correct way to perfectly dodge is to press circle and nothing else - pressing anything else results in an awkward side step which almost every attack in the game will hit.

this one two punch was a game changer

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hummmmmm tempted to buy it on sale now but what happens if the PS5 upgrade is not free? lol

Coming this summer, we're excited to announce the next-gen release of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, bringing a number of technical improvements to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S console versions of the game. This will be a free cross-generation upgrade to current owners.

www.starwars.com

Star Wars Day 2023 Games and Experiences Deals!

Celebrate May the 4th with a bounty of deals on Star Wars video games and virtual reality titles.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
You saw the physical copies? Any noteworthy verbiage on the case?
Nothing special didn't even think it mentioned next Gen at all and doesn't acknowledge its an upgrade. We just changed the aisle to make a location for it this week so planogram thinks it's coming out this week.

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
Let us hope Series S will run this closer to a locked 60 fps than it currently is!

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Im not too hopeful...i just expect a res bum, framerate bump and thats about it
Lets see and i hope im wrong

Friender

Sep 27, 2020
Nothing special didn't even think it mentioned next Gen at all and doesn't acknowledge its an upgrade. We just changed the aisle to make a location for it this week so planogram thinks it's coming out this week.
Hmm ok thank you. Was hoping for something on the back cover indicative of new content but happy it seems to be coming this week!

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Game currently shows the XS tag on Series X. No patch appears to have been downloaded though.

Must be imminent.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Guess I'll find a cheap PS4 version and take advantage of the free PS5 upgrade. I'm not a Star Wars fan, but it seems like the kind of game I might enjoy, since it seems to be a bit of a 3rd person metroidvania?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Guess I'll find a cheap PS4 version and take advantage of the free PS5 upgrade. I'm not a Star Wars fan, but it seems like the kind of game I might enjoy, since it seems to be a bit of a 3rd person metroidvania?
It's a souls-like metroidvania ish game. I enjoyed it a lot. Not nearly as hard as Souls, but just a similar melee system/bonfire mechanic. I recommend it.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm half way through it atm. Will pause until this is confirmed or denied. It already looks great on PS5.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I what how much they can improve from the "patched" version from a while ago, since it was 1440p (with some upscaling?) and 60fps on PS5. I'm hopping for at least something above 1800p and a huge texture increase.

dose

Oct 29, 2017
A game that sorely needs a fast travel option added to it once the main story is completed but will never get one.
Totally this. It also needs the sliding sections fixed, as well as the combat improving. Also, calling BD-1 to give you energy only worked like half the time which was immensely frustrating, especially in boss battles. That shit needs fixing.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
Hope we get some kind of save progression from the last gen version. I put this game down when I got busy and never went back to play it. Probably a little over halfway through…

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
Good news.

I started playing this on Series X and stopped after hearing about the update.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Im honestly intrigued by what this version will offer above the resolution and framerate bump that we already got in January
I what how much they can improve from the "patched" version from a while ago, since it was 1440p (with some upscaling?) and 60fps on PS5. I'm hopping for at least something above 1800p and a huge texture increase.
It can go beyond it easily, but it all depends on what developers actually want to do. The existing version is patched to work in an overclocked BC mode on PS5 and Xbox. With these native versions, the game now has access to full memory (previously it had access to however much PS4 Pro and One X has), full SSD speed (previously it was throttled), new CPU and GPU features of RDNA2, and on PS5 also it now can support dualsense haptics and triggers.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
from the xbox thread:

Necromunda-Start-2021-06-09-16-54-08.png

it has the X/S symbol now, one assumes for the next gen version

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Both PS5 and Series X got a resolution and frame rate bump a couple months ago. Series X got a bigger upgrade then because it's not constrained by the last gen version with patches, like PS5 is.

Basically it still was just a minor update to the last gen versions, but this is a more substantial next-gen version. It'll be on XSX also and a free update to current owners of the last gen version.
Thank you for confirming this!

I've been holding off on playing this (just backlog and knowing performance upgrades were on the way) and wanted to know if I'm in the clear to play on XSX yet or not.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
I played it at 60fps on PC at launch and also thought the game felt clunky and half finished. The second trip to the wookie planet where you ride the bird or whatever, to the end of the game, was bad IMO.

the game can for sure be a bit clunky in spots, especially kashyyk, as you noted. performance on my PC (9700k, 2080S) was spotty with a lot of hitching. i'm glad i played it on ea access bc i'd feel a bit miffed if i plopped $60 on the game day1 only for it to to be lacking on the technical side.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
the game can for sure be a bit clunky in spots, especially kashyyk, as you noted. performance on my PC (9700k, 2080S) was spotty with a lot of hitching. i'm glad i played it on ea access bc i'd feel a bit miffed if i plopped $60 on the game day1 only for it to to be lacking on the technical side.
Yeah dude same, and the last planet with the fast zombies. Just awful, around that point I put it on baby easy mode and just steamrolled to the end to see the story.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Between this, Metro, Ratchet, FFVII Inter. I'm gonna need to find some time and space to play all these this month.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the PS5's SSD magic will do away with the game's micro stutter. Even on my high end PC the game did it whenever I walked into new areas, and I have the game on an SSD as well.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I wonder if the PS5's SSD magic will do away with the game's micro stutter. Even on my high end PC the game did it whenever I walked into new areas, and I have the game on an SSD as well.
The stutter on PC is caused by shader compilation not just asset loading. It's pretty bad. And a shame they never fixed it.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wish Xbox gave it a separate achievement list. Might have played through it again