• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
it took me like 10 minutes even figure out who the fuck cassian andor even is

for a while i thought he was the dude with the lights on his head at cloud city but thats lobot

wheres my lobot show

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
Never saw Rogue One but from what I understand we know this guy bites it, right? Was he a super compelling character to justify wanting to see his pre-corpse shenanigans?
He is painted as an uncompromising spy of the Rebellion movement (ie, the means justify the ends) which is something not so commonly represented in the media. Unfortunately, the movie does not spend enough time on most character's backgrounds, hence the reticence to get a full show based on him.

For the record, I love the actor (Diego Luna) and liked his character. He once did quickly mentioned that some of his lines were altered last minute, and that he trained for weeks/months certain "accent" style for Cassian, just for the 1st day of filming, to being told to switch to a completely different one.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I think they just really wanna do a spy story in Star Wars and he's their only spy character they have. It also allows them to bring back K2.
You mention Cassian being the only spy character they have and that immediately made me think of the Noghri from my time reading the EU, so I go to the Wookiepedia and the very first paragraph in the Noghri bio mentions Cassian Andor and now I believe that Star Wars lore is sentient thing that is reading my thoughts and constantly changing and adapting like an incredibly nerdy version of House of Leaves...

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Why waste their time with gritty Han Solo while Doctor Aphra is right there. It's comics plus Star Wars, what's not to love?

Lock message

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Even though framed as a rumour, this does appear to be a fairly weak source. If sources come from more reputable sites, then we can have a thread on those.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.