• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

would you rather sony be at E3 or holding their own PSX?

• E3

Votes: 1,060 45.4%
  • PSX

Votes: 1,274 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Just a Sony or MS event is boring to me though, I think it's more memorable and electrifying when we're jumping from conference to conference a day or hours apart. The discussions and reflection on all new content is highly enjoyable.
EDIT: what I meant was going head to head, Sony or MS or Nintendo, does no favors for the loser. It's better to do your own show where you dictate the rules than go head to head because of tradition.

Last edited:

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Not a big deal honestly. Let's say from now on EA, MS, Sony, Bethesda and Ubi all hold their own shows around the time of E3, just not at E3, what really is the big deal here?

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This Jason tweet makes no sense. How he States that last it was half empty if we got multiple reports of too long wait lines and crowded space?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. That really fucking sucks, if microsoft leaves too then im done with e3. My theory is that playstation is done with live events, their future will be state of play. Maybe they dont do a ps5 reveal live event, just a ps5 reveal state of play

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Not a chance they wait til summer.

Sure they don't need E3, but is putting on their own event really going to save them money? Why not be a part of the biggest gaming spectacle there is?

Last year's E3 proved that E3 needs Sony. Sony doesn't need E3. Also, they've already announced the PS5. If you go back and watch the PS4 unveiling, many of the same details have been announced through Wired articles. I expect Sony to have an event around the same time as E3. There will be all of the spectacle and Sony can bite some of it off. Do you expect them to have an event next month? I honestly don't. I wish there was!

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Not sure how i feel about this, only time will tell. Also depends how many events they are doing. If it's one in Feb, and one before Launch/ E3-time that's cool with me. Need the hype-train going lol

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Last year's E3 proved that E3 needs Sony. Sony doesn't need E3. Also, they've already announced the PS5. If you go back and watch the PS4 unveiling, many of the same details have been announced through Wired articles. I expect Sony to have an event around the same time as E3. There will be all of the spectacle and Sony can bite some of it off. Do you expect them to have an event next month? I honestly don't. I wish there was!

Pretty sure Playstation Celebration event also coincides with this announcement and leads to PS5 event.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
If each of the big players can have their events; have it all more spread out, it would be nice.
E3 can be kind of cluster fuck to keep up with.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
With how things have been with ESA, I'd say go for PSX.

Get some panels going with developers, Cerny, She and what not.. Go on a deep dive in both hardware and software.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing if true. Sony skipping E3 last year was the worst thing about the whole event. :(

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Disappointing, I enjoy the circus that is E3..guess I'll just tune in for the MS conference and be done with it.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
What's up with the E3 dozing journalist thing? Any context on that?
www.resetera.com

E3 organization leaks data for over 2,000 journalists and analysts [Update: Additional security breaches discovered, see threadmarks]

Before we begin, it is my understanding that this thread was created once several hours ago and wiped from the site. With little transparency, I can only assume this was done in order to reduce the spread of the sensitive information, in the hopes that it would be taken down before it got too...

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Don't mind new game announcements being spread out over the year instead of everything in June. I'd always forget about 50% of the games announced.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's in Sony's interest to use events through the year to drive the hype train toward PS5's launch. But I don't think those events have to be officially affiliated with E3 at all. So depending on their plans I don't really mind.

Bad times for E3 though.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. All these companies being all "We're too cool for E3" is really making it become a non-event, which is too bad - I used to really look forward to that week.

Status
Not open for further replies.