• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
None of this has anything to do with what the post you're responding to was talking about.

They aren't talking about how Sony feels about Sony buying Bluepoint, they are talking about Era users having issues with Sony buying big companies like Bluepoint.
They are directly comparing Bluepoint to Sucker Punch and Media Molecule and used the number games they (BP) made for SIE as an argument against it. So my point still stands. Also, Bluepoint is not by any means a big company. They had 90+ employees as of early 2020 which would be comparable to Bend Studio's state mid-development or current Housemarque. I don't see any issues with Sony acquiring a long time partner like they did with Insomniac Games in 2019. It's not like they are buying a whole company who was known as a publisher. 🤔😐

Last edited:

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I just called Reggie and he told me this ISN'T happening. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
I still stand that OP should be banned now, to stamp out this kind of attention seeking/stop others thinking it's ok to make threads like this.

He can of course be unbanned and the correct rewards handed to him should his prediction be made true

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
EmbellishedGorgeousEstuarinecrocodile-size_restricted.gif

This gif...I cannot stop looking at it. Is this what it feels like to be hypnotized?

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Solve this equation for T-minus hours until Bluepoint announcement is official.

(10+5^2)((5*-2)+9-3^3)/2

Can not believe it`s finally happening.
Sony to acquire
Capcom, Konami and Microsoft

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Someone messed up with this rumor. What they actually meant to say was that Sony would be acquiring Bluepoint Total Landscaping to manage all of the landscaping work that needs to be done around their offices.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, no. Sony bought Media Molecule after 1 game in 2010 and Sucker Punch after 5 games in 2011. It has nothing with how many games they did for them (SIE), but much more with how the team/studio and IPs add to the PlayStation brand. SIE was at the time looking at studios with their own technology/engine so it made sense to acquire them. Let's not forget that it took almost 20 years before SIE acquired Insomniac Games, being longtime partners doesn't guarantee their next game(s) will be on your platform. It also ensures long-term financial stability for the studios acquired.
Weird response. Iwao's point was that none of those three acquisitions were/will be problematic at all because they weren't multiplatform developers in the first place.

Also, it took 20 years for SIE to acquire Insomniac because up until a few years ago, Ted Price wasn't interested in selling.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Weird response. Iwao's point was that none of those three acquisitions were/will be problematic at all because they weren't multiplatform developers in the first place.

Also, it took 20 years for SIE to acquire Insomniac because up until a few years ago, Ted Price wasn't interested in selling.
My bad. I must have misread their post. I thought they were against it based on this:
None of this has anything to do with what the post you're responding to was talking about.

They aren't talking about how Sony feels about Sony buying Bluepoint, they are talking about Era users having issues with Sony buying big companies like Bluepoint.

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Thread Whining
This thread is going on ignore. Legit equally tedious as that Silent Hill thread and that Upgraded Switch 2021 thread. Fucking yawn!

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Why is everyone so mad...doesn't OP have another 3 weeks to be proven right? And if not it's the ban hammer and we all move on.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Do I really need to explain why Bloodborne needs to be remastered?

4K, 60 fps solid without framerate stutter. A masterpiece like BB should not be left to rot in its current state.
How much is that going to sell though. As much as Demon Souls? Works out for the hardcore fans but it's not pushing 10 million. Sony is better off letting them create their own IP

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Owning the console and ripping your own bios is also required.

I mean, someone walked me through ripping PS1/PS2 games over the course of two tiny posts on this forum, it's not rocket science.

Ripping the bios was really simple for PS2 and I already had my friend rip the PS1 bios years ago as that was confusing as hell but still something that relatively didn't take very long for him.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

To be fair, Insomniac WAS multiplatform...and so are Bluepoint.

That said, it feels like just a matter of time before Sony acquires them. And that's perfectly fine.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I think some people are a bit confused about what a Bloodborne remaster would be, it seems that you think it would be a $70 game when in reality should be a Spider-Man type of remaster, just $20.

Demon's Souls is a remake, I would totally pay $70 for that treatment on Bloodborne but we're talking about res and fps improvements, they won't charge you $70 just for that.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
I mean BB is going to turn 6 this year and we got remasters for games that barely came out a year or two after the original release (TLOU, Spider-Man). I don't think being "not old enough" really matters, what matters is having a good reason to do it like an upcoming sequel (Uncharted NDC, Gravity Rush, GOW3 etc.). Of course Sony could always wait 4 more years and have Bluepoint make a full remake :P
there's nothing to remaster except fixing the frame pacing and spider-man should not have been a new release

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know why OP should be banned, if the original post was approved then it was because they had some proof that made the thread stay open, and if the deal fails it could happen for something that is out of their reach

Oct 27, 2017

That said, it feels like just a matter of time before Sony acquires them. And that's perfectly fine.
They've only had 2 non-Sony exclusives ever, both being ports, and the last one being ~7 years ago. They were effectively exclusive. Insomniac yes, Bluepoint, not really

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just like with everything last year OP's ban should be delayed a month if it comes to that.

Last edited:

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I think some people are a bit confused about what a Bloodborne remaster would be, it seems that you think it would be a $70 game when in reality should be a Spider-Man type of remaster, just $20.

Demon's Souls is a remake, I would totally pay $70 for that treatment on Bloodborne but we're talking about res and fps improvements, they won't charge you $70 just for that.
They'll charge $40.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
How much is that going to sell though. As much as Demon Souls? Works out for the hardcore fans but it's not pushing 10 million. Sony is better off letting them create their own IP
A remaster wouldn't sell as much as a full blown remake like DeS. The reason I didnt suggest a remake is the original game's visuals still hold up well. It really just needs a resolution bump and some work on the framerate. A fresh coat of paint, not a complete overhaul.

Its perfectly fair to say Bluepoint have earned the right to create their own original IP and not be forever doing remakes. Im not trying to argue a BB remaster is an optimal use of resources either. I just trust BP more than any other company outside of From themselves to do justice to a game like BB.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I bet if it's going ahead some executives are reading this thread and going "Not yet, not yet!" and smiling with glee.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017

lol so how long exactly is the cut off in your eyes? Cause personally, I think seven years as a PS exclusive studio isn't very multiplatform.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
They've only had 2 non-Sony exclusives ever, both being ports, and the last one being ~7 years ago. They were effectively exclusive. Insomniac yes, Bluepoint, not really

lol so how long exactly is the cut off in your eyes? Cause personally, I think seven years as a PS exclusive studio isn't very multiplatform.

They're basically an independent dev studio that makes games on client request. Their sole client in the past few years has been Sony - and they've cultivated a close relationship with them - but that doesn't necessarily they'd reject MS if - for example - they approached them to make a new Banjo Kazooie game. Same way insomniac was open for years to make a Sunset Overdrive sequel.

Same way Moon Studios next game is likely to be on Playstation, despite the studio being heavily associated with Microsoft since inception.

I probably wouldn't have called Remedy an 'MS exclusive studio' in the years before Control was announced.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
And you wonder why PlayStation doesnt have insiders anymore. Poor Marsipan and KatharsisT, even Nate joined the "fun" in SH thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.