• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear was the only non-Sony 1st party port they did right?

I still wouldn't expect Bluepoint to do new IPs or anything anytime soon. They're still pretty much just a high-budget port house.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would rather all developers were independant and all games came out on all platforms. But this really isn't as smart a post as you thought it was.

I didn't think it was smart at all, I just wanted to know at what size of a company does it become bad, not sure what's difficult to answer about that.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sony acquiring Bluepoint & KojiPro would be the least surprising things to happen honestly

always felt like it was only a matter of time before Sony bought Bluepoint with how closely they've worked for years now

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Makes sense. They have a close relationship with Sony already and are basically a 2nd party studio.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've been quite impressed with their remasters, even if I don't play those games myself.
This would honestly be a big win for Sony, they seem like really great devs, at least from a technical point of view.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna announce this on March 1st just to get back at OP for leaking this.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
although i see this to be inevitable, it would be sad to see it happens after the stipulated date. quite the risk you have taken there MarsipanRumpan

hopefully it pans out well for ya!

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
It would be a logical decision if Demon's Souls works out (Which seems very likely), Bluepoint and Sony have a long history together.

I think it would be interesting to see them resurrect a long gone IP and make it their own, I know Legend Of Dragoon has been bought up before but I never played that, but something like Syphon Filter, Cool Boarders or Colony Wars would be great to see return in some fashion as their potential next project. If they experiment with new stuff in a remake it would be interesting to see how they handle it, I was hoping the 6th Archstone in Demon's Souls would be that but they're just sticking with the core game.

But you know what? I'd like to see them do Ico next, it would be a nice, smaller scale project where they can really improve on those little flaws the original game had movement wise (WATER WHEEL!).

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Was it a good remake? I've heard mixed reviews.
The same as the original game and with more reviews
jzjOX2L.png

OP
OP
MarsipanRumpan
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Bruh don't get banned. We'd miss you in the PS OT :(
I'd miss you even more. It's basically my second home lol. Daily routine is going to the Playstation OT like 600 times a day. :P

I trust this source, don't think I'll be banned. :)

OP those are high stakes.

Would mods consider unbanning you when Sony announces it a bit later?
Actually, I have no clue xD I guess so if it's a short timeframe afterward? As I said in a previous post, they were willing to give me more time (Like April-may) but I declined to say I thought it'd happen before February 28th.

This seems so unnecessary to me.
Well. The site rules say you have to verify your sources IIRC. I was able to verify one of my sources, but not the other. I said that I would be okay with being banned if I'm "spreading bad or false information". It's totally fine, don't stress it. I don't want to lie to you lovely people on ERA, and if it doesn't happen I deserve the ban! :)

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a good match. Hope we get Syphon Filter remake.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Am cool with this type of acquisition. Other than the Titanfall port for Xbox 360 and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Bluepoint has exclusively worked with Sony anyway.

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
It wouldn't surprise me, but is there some reason to believe they would stop making Playstation exclusives if they remained independent? Why would Sony purchase them instead of just continuing to contract with them?

PK_Wonder

One Winged Slayer
Mar 22, 2018
Of course. Great fit/chemistry. The only reason this wouldn't eventually happen is because Sony, like many people online, thought they already owned Bluepoint.

This ban thing seems a little strict/excessive though... pretty clear by putting in effort to prove your sources you're not trying to be intentionally deceptive, plus this would be one of the most anticlimactic and obvious acquisitions for someone to make up 😂

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Bluepoint haven't released a game on a non-Sony platform since the 360 Titanfall port in 2014 so this makes sense.

They almost feel first party already even though they aren't.

Oct 30, 2017
A small dedicated studio with a healthy relationship with Sony who gives them exclusive IPs to work on for like the past 5 years, that also has a specifically great relationship with Japan studio?

It's sounds so obvious really.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
considering how much Sony has worked with them over the last decade this seems like a no brainer. I would be shocked if they're next game isn't Bloodborne remake.

Mossiah

Aug 28, 2018
New York
This wouldn't surprise me either, seems like the logistical next step for both parties. You have rolled the dice on an account ban for this my friend, godspeed.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not talking about MC. I'm not an MC person. More like uber fans. I remember reading stuff that about it changing the tone of the original for the worse.
uber fans (ie me) don't like it because it changed the atmosphere of the original a lot. the ps2 game was obviously designed around the ps2 limits but even for the time seemed low fidelity, and you can see that with what that team eventually went on to do with TLG. bluepoint's SOTC looks nothing like either the original game or TLG, instead looking like your usual AAA very high fidelity, "noisy" game. it was a significant aesthetic departure even disregarding the generational gap. doesn't help that the character of wander looked kind of odd too.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Would be cool if they expand and work on an original IP and remake at the same time.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
  • (Ape Escape fans, whatupppp) ((that wasn't an ape escape remake teaser, literally don't know anything about what they're doing after souls))
  • The expertise, skill, and tech that Bluepoint has for their remakes can be used for future projects not necessarily made by them. (In other words, if Team Asobi decides to create an Ape Escape Remake, they can go to Bluepoint for help)
I want this pls Sony

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Over 80% of their works are with Sony, as are their biggest successes.

Now after this I hope they remake Metal Gear Solid.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Why some people being obtuse in comparing this situation with Zenimax acquisition🤦‍♂️
This would be more like if MS acquired Asobo, no one would complain because it is a small-ish studio and with a long relationship with the company.

Not talking about MC. I'm not an MC person. More like uber fans. I remember reading stuff that about it changing the tone of the original for the worse.
Oh, yeah some people desliked the overall tone of the atmosphere but nothing too extreme I think(and the game has a filter similar to the PS2 game), I think the biggest complain and something almost unanimous was Wander's face.
Wander.jpg

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
They kinda have to.
GenDesign partnered with Epic, Ready at Dawn is now part of Facebook, and Quantic Dream broke the strong relationship with Sony.
Then there are other stories like the closure of the Driveclub studio.

Bluepoint is a good studio, get it while you can.

Oct 27, 2017
They are the type of devs that you would think are already apart of Sony so that makes sense. Just like Insomniac they have basically made games just for PS.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
There's so many good remakes that BP could work on that are not Sony games so I'm conflicted, but yeah it would be a good buy for them

Status
Not open for further replies.