• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will the game show in August after being a bust in June?

• Yes

Votes: 653 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,147 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With all the twists and turns around this rumor, I now understand religion. I believe this exists, even if it's becoming increasingly difficult to do so.

I will pray at the altar of Silent Hill 🙏

Oct 29, 2017
The first bit about the trademark and the UK recession and the pastebin about Microsoft buying Konami are new to me.

Also, I think the rumor about Sony buying/working on Konami IPs came out after the ROH article and after KatharsisT posted their source. They had to come out to refute that none of them have actually heard of Sony using other Konami IPs, and that rumor pretty much just came from 4chan.

I believe the 4chan rumor was first refuted by Dusk Golem either just before or after Konami debunked the rumors.

HouseAR

May 17, 2020
To me it 100% exsists, but it might take time to get officially revealed. I can't blame the insiders, in many sectors you plan a reveal of a product at a certain date, but then for unexpcted reasons you push it back. Videogames are no different.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thread in link above, quote below.

Dusk Golem said:
This is for the Silent Hill Era thread where they're trying to put together a timeline. I first heard about the Silent Hill project in May of 2018 from a personal friend who told me their studio was approached by Konami for a Silent Hill pitch. They asked me to not share for for a while publicly, though they ultimately did not get the job. I got someone at a different studio who emailed me about this also in June of 2018, who also didn't get it. In May of 2019 a long-time friend in Japan told me he had heard a Silent Hill game was in dev, and a couple people involved, but I still haven't shared their names as was asked not to.

In August of 2019 with the trademark thing, I talked with Cj at Rely on Horror about it, and Cj knew someone who had also heard about the Japanese developed SH and heard Masahiro Ito was was working on it. I mentioned the 2018 thing in January at the start of this year after holding onto it for a year and a half. At the time this got mixed up with other stuff I wasn't aware at the time. Since then, last month another Japanese dev friend working on something I can't talk about told me pretty directly that they knew about the Japanese developed Silent Hill game, and I could mention that but not what they're working on.

This is my side of it ignoring all the Katharsis things if you want a timeline.

Doesn't really clear anything else up other than they heard through a friend that it's being worked on but not by or for who.

When asked is this the SIE Silent Hills:
I don't know. That's the frustrating thing. That side of the story is from Katharsis. Katharsis does know someone who would know. I mainly know and have had it vetted now multiple times that a Japanese made Silent Hill game started development at the start of 2019.
So does Katharsis know, or are they taking the word of someone who "knows"?

Follow for more info to unpack as Dusk replies.

Last edited:

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
*sees poll results* Always bet against Era, so going with yes. Though at this point I just don't care when anymore, it's clear the insiders don't know when, even if they know it's happening at some point. I will hopefully be surprised.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

Thread in link above, quote below.

Doesn't really clear anything else up other than they heard through a friend that it's being worked on but not by or for who.

Follow for more info to unpack as Dusk replies.

Nothing in that is new, it's just the same stuff as we've had before. I bet Dusk has written some version of that same thing at least 5 times, and I get people are asking him and I guess he feels compelled to answer it each time, but it's not that hard to follow. I don't know what people are trying to find in the same information being repeated a thousands times. We had a threadmark up for ages that covers all of this. No one can know the answer to that question because no one outside the mods here knows what this information is, and I guess Dusk.

SaneOsprey123

May 7, 2020

That's what bothers me as well, we don't really know.
When they were asked about how Katharsis was verified, Transistor said that he verified the information itself, and not "that the user could have access to the information" (quoting directly).
That goes directly against what Dusk says, since he's just aware of Katharsis having sources and not any info of any sort.

Perhaps Katharsis gave both of them different bits of info, as in Dusk got the Source part and Transistor got the Info part? Perhaps Transistor took the source as info itself?
We won't know until either Katharsis or Transistor clears that up, though. Dusk already did his part (multiple times, lol. He's very patient I guess).

SaneOsprey123

May 7, 2020

Fingers crossed he discovers a little bit more of info on all this soon enough.
Either to futher confirm the Katharsis/Team Silent rumors or to lower our expectations if that's not the case, lol

Oct 29, 2017
Should i get the popcorn?

yah this thing is not gonna happen.

Yeah, this Refutes the theory that Sony cut what they were going to show because of the protests. Then again, I remember Jeffrey Grubb saying Sony was going to split the showing of games before the protests happened. I believe he said it around May 19, and I think Dusk Golem later corroborated with that narrative.

If the game existed, I guess the only reason to cut it was because of RE8.

Last edited:

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Actually tweeting about it helped, so I can respond more directly again!

I've decided to re-open my investigation, now seems a good time as more have also seemingly heard about it and that can stop the constant repeating of tidbits (the only new piece is really, really promising and I know something that would excite a lot of people from a friend from a couple weeks back, but yes it's one of those fucking things people would ask, "Why talk about it if you can't share it, we're still in the same position?" I know a lot of this amounts to, "trust me," remarks publicly but I also promise my "trust me," is bigger and more meaningful now).

I'll keep posted if I find anything that hasn't been mentioned so far.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I've decided to re-open my investigation, now seems a good time as more have also seemingly heard about it and that can stop the constant repeating of tidbits (the only new piece is really, really promising and I know something that would excite a lot of people from a friend from a couple weeks back, but yes it's one of those fucking things people would ask, "Why talk about it if you can't share it, we're still in the same position?" I know a lot of this amounts to, "trust me," remarks publicly but I also promise my "trust me," is bigger and more meaningful now).

He's back!!!

Welcome back, Dusk.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

OH MIRA ES DUSK GOLEM!

Welcome back Dusk!

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana

The game entered development in early 2019, right? If that's the case it may be too early to be shown this year or it just wasnt ready due to working from home because of COVID. I dont expect a Silent Hill soft reboot to take 4-5 years to develop, three years seems pretty safe, so if it's real (I believe) then we should be looking at late 2021 or early 2022.

Oct 28, 2017

Thank you for all you do dusk! We love you!

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London

Kami-sama bless.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017

Is that new piece in line with what we seem to know so far?

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Should i get the popcorn?

yah this thing is not gonna happen.
Jeff Grubb(who originally leaked the exact date of the PS5 reveal over a month before it happened) said two weeks before they even announced the event that they actually cut a lot of games from it and will have another separate event in August. He said that weeks before the protest even started.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This amounts to almost nothing. if you have something the new to say just say it don't continue to waste people's time

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

You got your password back?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Jeff Grubb(who originally leaked the exact date of the PS5 reveal over a month before it happened) said two weeks before they even announced the event that they actually cut a lot of games from it and will have another separate event in August. He said that weeks before the protest even started.

While there's been a lot of claims to this, it's worth mentioning that Sony has said no games were actually cut from the June show. I can't remember the thread it was in (it may have gotten a dedicated thread, I can't recall). Take that as you will.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
The bulk of the rumor/leak/whatever that excites me is it being a reteaming of Toyama, Ito, and Yamaoka (and maybe Owaku) with the quality & presumed creative freedom of a Sony first party studio behind it.

And I guess that element of it comes exclusively from KatharsisT and their connection.

Scenario 2 being a new Silent Hill in development by a (as of now unknown) Japanese developer can mean a lot of things, but it having the creatively bankrupt grip of modern Konami around its neck would definitely feel like a monkey's paw at this point.
I'd love to be wrong about that, though. I just want a new, good Silent Hill game.

Oct 29, 2017
While there's been a lot of claims to this, it's worth mentioning that Sony has said no games were actually cut from the June show. I can't remember the thread it was in (it may have gotten a dedicated thread, I can't recall). Take that as you will.

It would be great if someone can find it. Not defending the narrative, but according to that BBC interview with Jim Ryan, the unrest didn't affect their plans, not that their plans never changed, which they don't bring up, as far as I know.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
The bulk of the rumor/leak/whatever that excites me is it being a reteaming of Toyama, Ito, and Yamaoka (and maybe Owaku) with the quality & presumed creative freedom of a Sony first party studio behind it.

And I guess that element of it comes exclusively from KatharsisT and their connection.

Scenario 2 being a new Silent Hill being in development by a (as of now unknown) Japanese developer can mean a lot of things, but it having the creatively bankrupt grip of modern Konami around its neck would definitely feel like a monkey's paw at this point.
I'd love to be wrong about that, though. I just want a new, good Silent Hill game.

I think the overall 'leak' that came out that included the reboot, Silent Hills revival, and Konami buying all Konami IPs included Sony being part of the reboot. But as far as credible stuff that we know of that isn't just someone repeating something from elsewhere, yeah, that seems to be the case.

Not defending the narrative, but according to that BBC interview with Jim Ryan, the unrest didn't affect their plans, not that their plans never changed, which they don't bring up, as far as I know.

I mean, that's splitting hairs. What's being said is essentially the same unless you think everyone is just talking in code lol.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Is that not about the quote I was replying to? If so that question was clearly about the one week delay. Jeff Grubbs leak about the separate event was from over a month ago.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Oh my GAAAAAAAAAAAAD what about the UK/non-Yank countries, man? I am enraged.

EDIT: WE GOT 'EM

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Is that not about the quote I was replying to? If so that question was clearly about the one week delay. Jeff Grubbs leak about the separate event was from over a month ago.

Oh, I guess it is lol. And no, it's clearly not just talking about the one week delay. He's explicitly saying the content of the show didn't change. People are saying things got 'cut,' a word you used, and that quote is saying the opposite.

Oct 29, 2017
I kind of wish the interviewer wasn't so specific with his question. Here is the quote from the BBC interview. Interpret it however you want:

The PS5 event was postponed by a week as a result of the unrest in the United States at the moment. Did that situation lead to any changes in the content shown or anything else in today's presentation?

No, it did not.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Here is the quote from the BBC interview. Interpret it however you want:

The PS5 event was postponed by a week as a result of the unrest in the United States at the moment. Did that situation lead to any changes in the content shown or anything else in today's presentation?

No, it did not.
Yeah that clearly is only about the one week delay.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Good Lord, guys lol. I am saying that the June show, as it was, had no cuts to it. Maybe there was a decision months ago to have two different shows, but the narrative that this show that we saw and they scheduled for June had games cut is being denied. I'm well aware of rumors of two potential shows, check the threadmarks, I've been the one trying to keep the information as straight as possible. If you want to believe that's not true, fine, I'm just telling you what was clearly stated. Shields down, boys. I'm not saying it's not true lol.

Oh my GAAAAAAAAAAAAD what about the UK/non-Yank countries, man? I am enraged.

EDIT: WE GOT 'EM

Those have been on Apple Music for awhile. That's where I listen to them at.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I guess it is lol. And no, it's clearly not just talking about the one week delay. He's explicitly saying the content of the show didn't change. People are saying things got 'cut,' a word you used, and that quote is saying the opposite.
Yeah I'm saying things got cut over a month ago before they even filmed the event. If you go back in this thread far enough you'll even find post from Katharsis saying she was worried because of Grubbs leaks about the August event.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah I'm saying things got cut over a month ago before they even filmed the event. If you go back in this thread far enough you'll even find post from Katharsis saying she was worried because of Grubbs leaks about the August event.

Good Lord, guys lol. I am saying that the June show, as it was, had no cuts to it. Maybe there was a decision months ago to have two different shows, but the narrative that this show that we saw and they scheduled for June had games cut is being denied. I'm well aware of rumors of two potential shows, check the threadmarks, I've been the one trying to keep the information as straight as possible. If you want to believe that's not true, fine, I'm just telling you what was clearly stated. Shields down, boys. I'm not saying it's not true lol.

I know plenty about all of that. Guess we can see who does and doesn't check threadmarks ;)

I wouldn't call that 'cuts,' though since most likely they knew a long time ago if they were going to do split shows or not and what each show would consist of.

Status
Not open for further replies.