• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will the game show in August after being a bust in June?

• Yes

Votes: 653 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,147 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Teasing is part of it, there is actual huge problems about being direct for everyone involved. Trust me when I say with this Silent Hill stuff, everyone involved is being as open and direct as they can be here. It literally could not be more direct without some SERIOUS problems and cosequences occurring.

I speak in uncertainties because that's where I'm at. I'm a fan of the franchise too, even if I believe this I don't have a history with this particular source or other people I can ask deeper about it. I try to live honestly and part of being honest is uncertainty. I actually don't think I've ever contradicted anything I've shared here, but maybe I'm not seeing it because my perspective. I repeat things becauae I get asked daily about them; look at the replies to what I tweeted, most didn't know this had nothing to do with Kojima and Silent Hills or the people behind it or it was for PS5. That's the reason I clarify and repeat things.

You're misunderstanding some things. If the rest of this is true, Sony and Konami wanting to get Kojima to do Silent Hills is true. That's NOT fake if the rest of this is true. Its not mixed up or mistaken, if the rest of this is true then Silent Hills was being tossed around for Kojima to direct but its looking like he'll pass on the offer.

Do you think Kojima may create an original horror IP? He really seemed to be leaning horror for his next project.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Surprising that people could get fired, if the game is being worked on I'd figure that's dozens of people who would have to know about it, dunno how they would ever trace a leak. Unless there's a link in the chain people know might spill and be able to easily suspect where it's coming from.

If it turns out to be wrong, no big deal. We'd just be going back to not having Silent Hill again which has been the default state. If it is, that's cool too.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Surprising that people could get fired, if the game is being worked on I'd figure that's dozens of people who would have to know about it, dunno how they would ever trace a leak. Unless there's a link in the chain people know might spill and be able to easily suspect where it's coming from.

The whole Kojima/Konami/Silent Hills thing makes no sense the way anyone has presented it. Apparently, we are missing key information that we can't be told for reasons we don't understand.

Take that as you will.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Do you think Kojima may create an original horror IP? He really seemed to be leaning horror for his next project.

Maybe this is how P.T. can live again. Not as a tie in to the Silent Hill franchise, but it's own thing. Is it at all possible that Konami would allow Kojima to use the P.T name? I mean, its still a super valuable trademark. Just seeing the name again would send shivers down peoples' spines. And if Konami doesn't want to do anything with it.... why not let Kojima (and Sony) pay them to use it.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Maybe this is how P.T. can live again. Not as a tie in to the Silent Hill franchise, but it's own thing. Is it at all possible that Konami would allow Kojima to use the P.T name? I mean, its still a super valuable trademark. Just seeing the name again would send shivers down peoples' spines. And if Konami doesn't want to do anything with it.... why not let Kojima (and Sony) pay them to use it.

Kojima has already kind of said he doesn't want to revisit PT I'm pretty sure. He wants to do a horror game, but he looks at PT as more of an experiment, and not even really representative of what Silent Hills would have even been in the end.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the hostility I see on this website towards insiders at times. They ain't perfect and a lot surely are looking for attention or fame or whatever, but they're also throwing us a bone in giving us stuff to look forward to. Especially with quarantine and shit, and now being around a time people would look forward to E3, I feel like having that is appreciated by many still

PS: Drinking, but still something that I find weird time to time at other times

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I don't like the hostility I see on this website towards insiders at times. They ain't perfect and a lot surely are looking for attention or fame or whatever, but they're also throwing us a bone in giving us stuff to look forward to. Especially with quarantine and shit, and now being around a time people would look forward to E3, I feel like having that is appreciated by many still

This seems clearly aimed at me, so you should at least have quoted me if you had something to say, or DM'd me.

For one, replying to an insider with something that isn't just gushing praise and 'thank you, thank you, hype!' is not 'hostility.' I ended that conversation with him instead of trying to argue further which to me is the opposite of 'hostility.' And let's be clear, this wasn't aimed at 'insiders.' I was specifically talking to one insider. KatharsisT and how she has delivered her info is probably perfect, whether it be true or not, she says what she allegedly knows, and if she don't know or can't answer, she just doesn't say anything.

That's all I'm going to say about it, because going farther into detail will just stir the pot. But I will end on saying that the deification some of you have of insiders is kind of creepy. I mean, most of them are just like a group of fans who get bits and pieces from other people and repeat it. I get people want info, they want leaks, but some of you act like you are among the word of God when certain people speak. I mean, okay, some of those people maybe earn that (Jason, for one), but others are obviously just fans who get bits of juicy info and milk it for all its worth. Just my opinion. I don't bow to anyone, I just hope the stuff I want to be true is true.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019

Fucking quoted for truth.

Oct 25, 2017
This seems clearly aimed at me, so you should at least have quoted me if you had something to say, or DM'd me.

For one, replying to an insider with something that isn't just gushing praise and 'thank you, thank you, hype!' is not 'hostility.' I ended that conversation with him instead of trying to argue further which to me is the opposite of 'hostility.' And let's be clear, this wasn't aimed at 'insiders.' I was specifically talking to one insider. KatharsisT and how she has delivered her info is probably perfect, whether it be true or not, she says what she allegedly knows, and if she don't know or can't answer, she just doesn't say anything.

That's all I'm going to say about it, because going farther into detail will just stir the pot. But I will end on saying that the deification some of you have of insiders is kind of creepy. I mean, most of them are just like a group of fans who get bits and pieces from other people and repeat it. I get people want info, they want leaks, but some of you act like you are among the word of God when certain people speak. I mean, okay, some of those people maybe earn that (Jason, for one), but others are obviously just fans who get bits of juicy info and milk it for all its worth. Just my opinion.

No we just don't want to run them off like constantly happens. I think some idiots ran Jason off earlier this week. If you don't like the way they present their into just ignore it. Grilling them or questioning the legitimacy rarely results in anything positive.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
No we just don't want to run them off like constantly happens. I think some idiots ran Jason off earlier this week. If you don't like the way they present their into just ignore it. Grilling them or questioning the legitimacy rarely results in anything positive.

I mean, I'm free to give my opinions, and I'm not going to be afraid to, just as no one else should within reason obviously.

I've already said my peace about it by now, so I'm going to move on.

Oct 29, 2017
Originally, I voted no, but I have an inkling it might be real. If it turns out to be true, I will be overjoyed, though that sure is an understatement.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Well, as disappointed as I would be if this winds up being real, I would at least be happy to have an end to all the teasing and confusion over what the project actually entails.

Bring it on in June so we can all know what the truth is and make of it what we will.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
The lead actor discussion from a few pages back kinda sprung into my head just now and now all I can think of is Micheal C Hall. Someone help.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, as disappointed as I would be if this winds up being real, I would at least be happy to have an end to all the teasing and confusion over what the project actually entails.

Bring it on in June so we can all know what the truth is and make of it what we will.

So you are saying there is absolutely no way this could end up producing a game that you would enjoy? Ignoring all the extraneous stuff about how you feel resources should allocated.

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

Yeah, probably about the same head space on my part, too. I'm more excited than you are about the prospect of a potential new game, but I think we've gone around too many times on this one by this point, and it's just kind of time to get it over with and see where we are.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So you are there is absolutely no way this could end up producing a game that you would enjoy? Ignoring all the extraneous stuff about how you feel resources should allocated.

We've already discussed it at length, so to save time I'll just say that I don't want to financially support the practice of first parties making third parties' games for them. If I can get it used, I'll play it and judge it by its own merits. I don't think it'll be a bad game, though I also doubt it'll beat SH2 in terms of quality.

My main objection is just that I don't want Sony and Microsoft to start doing this kind of thing on the regular.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

That's all I'm going to say about it, because going farther into detail will just stir the pot. But I will end on saying that the deification some of you have of insiders is kind of creepy. I mean, most of them are just like a group of fans who get bits and pieces from other people and repeat it. I get people want info, they want leaks, but some of you act like you are among the word of God when certain people speak. I mean, okay, some of those people maybe earn that (Jason, for one), but others are obviously just fans who get bits of juicy info and milk it for all its worth. Just my opinion. I don't bow to anyone, I just hope the stuff I want to be true is true.
There's only one thing I'm going to throw out there, but it is personal and my last comment on this as it came up from this response.

Sharing stuff is not glamorous or nice. Every day I can expect to be asked the same questions i've answered elsewhere no matter how clear i've been. People interrogate me, grill me for more, or actively will go out of their way to paint me as someone I'm not or to discredit me for one reason or another, or try to psychoanalyze me and my motives. I am a fan first and foremost, I just happen to know some people mainly on the Capcom and indie horror side and sometimes that extends to other things through connecting. The reason I act just like a fan is because that's all I am, I don't believe or think myself better than anyone (in my spare time I spend a lot of time talking with others, helping friends through problems, supporting someone close to me who has bad anxiety), or try to hold onto things as a privelage. I share because I'm a dork and I like sharing things, not to hurt anyone or the like, that's all there ever is to it really for my side. But trust me, I know first hand some people really dislike me and how I go about things, and will let me know about it. That's just part of it. Some want me to be PR like or direct and talk like I know, but that's not who I am, and if anything I am true to me.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
There's only one thing I'm going to throw out there, sharing stuff is not glamorous or nice. Every day I can expect to be asked the same questions i've answered elsewhere no matter how clear i've been. People interrogate me, grill me for more, or actively will go out of their way to paint me as someone I'm not or to discredit me for one reason or another, or try to psychoanalyze me and my motives. I am a fan first and foremost, I just happen to know some people mainly on the Capcom and indie horror side and sometimes that extends to other things through connecting. The reason I act just like a fan is because that's all I am, I don't believe or think myself better than anyone (in my spare time I spend a lot of time talking with others, helping friends through problems, supporting my someone close to me who has bad anxiety), or try to hold onto things as a privelage. I share because I'm a dork and I like sharing things, or to hurt anyone or the like, that's all there ever is to it really for my side. But trust me, I know first hand some people really dislike me and how I go about things, and will let me know about it. That's just part of it. Some want me to be PR like or direct and talk like I know, but that's not who I am, and if anything I am true to me.

Just so To be clear on that last part. I wasn't aiming that at you or other insiders. When I said they were fans milking into I didn't mean it in a bad way necessarily (though reading it back it does bad), I was more aiming it at posters and how they act towards or about certain individuals like yourself. I think people can be critical without being 'hostile' and I'm not really fond of that mindset.

But you know, people like you here obviously and I think more than anything the way you present information doesn't jive with the way I like, more than anything. It's fine, though, it's not that big of a deal one way or another. Live and let live. I think at this point I'm just ready for this project to be revealed so we can move on to more productive stuff.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Just so To be clear on that last part. I wasn't aiming that at you or other insiders. When I said they were fans milking into I didn't mean it in a bad way necessarily (though reading it back it does bad), I was more aiming it at posters and how they act towards or about certain individuals like yourself. I think people can be critical without being 'hostile' and I'm not really fond of that mindset.

But you know, people like you here obviously and I think more than anything the way you present information doesn't jive with the way I like, more than anything. It's fine, though, it's not that big of a deal one way or another. Live and let live. I think at this point I'm just ready for this project to be revealed so we can move on to more productive stuff.
Its okay, the reason I responded wasn't anger but to convey better understanding. I like people, not just people who like me, and I can appreciate your honesty which is why I returned it with honesty.

We're at the cusp of it now, so it'll be an interesting next few weeks.

Nov 21, 2017
jsWDP5p.png

oh snap get hyped

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The series definitely not known for the battle system, but I hope it will be fun like 4's charging attack.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
They have to make combat better if they want it to be well received. We have seen 20 years of progress since the best SH games.
I'm on split minds of this, BUT I have faith in the team really. I thought Blood Curse had good combat for a horror game, effective and felt decent enough to not feel bad but disempowering and rough enough to not be too reliable or a central focus of the game.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Melee weapons; the katana was best in 3 & wooden axe in 4.

Also they kindly enough with the invincibility frames.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on split minds of this, BUT I have faith in the team really. I thought Blood Curse had good combat for a horror game, effective and felt decent enough to not feel bad but disempowering and rough enough to bot be too reliable or a central focus of the game.

I'm not saying it needs play like RE2 or RE3 Remake, but whatever tools they give us need to feel good to use. If I'm swinging a bat, pipe or sword for most of the game make it fun and have some strategy. I think RE7 did a great job of not of making you feel overpowered as Ethan, but the combat wasn't a drag.

As long as it has combat. One of the nightmare scenarios would be Silent Hill getting made into another "all problems must be solved by hiding" horror game.

That's one of the few outcomes that would make me lose most interest extremely fast.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They have to make combat better if they want it to be well received. We have seen 20 years of progress since the best SH games.
The ideal combat would be a more simplified version of the combat of the Resident Evil remakes, like how the first three games played like simplified versions of the original Resident Evil games.

They need to avoid overcomplicating it with crap gimmicks like in Origins, Homecoming, and Downpour. The combat should be simple and easy to use, and not detract from the atmosphere.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
If production started in 2019, maybe some sort of pre-production started earlier? Like, we know Toyama wanted to do an horror game even before, so maybe they started pitching and testing that and then retooled it into SH? That + higher budget + UE (iirc) + Toyama's fast track record make the game already being in playable state pretty probable no?
I'm team Spring 2021.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
If this really is real (which I am still not convinced) they need to release versions of Silent Hill 1 - 4 to current consoles/PC.

I bet at this point a lot of gamers have never even played a Silent Hill game.
And can you blame them? You can't even buy the games anymore.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
If this really is real (which I am still not convinced) they need to release versions of Silent Hill 1 - 4 to current consoles/PC.

I bet at this point a lot of gamers have never even played a Silent Hill game.
And can you blame them? You can't even buy the games anymore.
Do they? This is an entry point either way, and the IP is plenty known through cultural osmosis.

Also something something, Book of Memories had the most combat, ergo it's the best Silent Hill game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.