• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will the game show in August after being a bust in June?

• Yes

Votes: 653 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,147 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Who's this Nitroid clown ?
Some MGS fan with a decent following who was trying to get VGC's sources on a departure from KojiPro. Robinson told him that his sources are not something they can share and to check VGC's track record... Annnnd shit went south.

The stinger here, and what's relevant to us, is that Robinson revealed that VGC has sources in Japan, and they have been able to back up the Silent Hill rumors.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Any one else want to vouch for VGC?

If so, this would be the second mayor publication who claim to have sources backing up the rumors...

I'm about 90% sure that VGC reposted those same rumors that came from RelyOnHorror like everyone else. Pretty sure it's all the same stuff.

Edit: To answer the question more broadly, they are considered reliable in general yes. They were the first to report on the RE4 remake I think. At least the first that I recall. But I don't think what's being referenced in this tweet is anything new

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be thrilled if this ended up just being a full-blown remake of Silent Hill 4 where they kept the core premise and nothing else

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Actually Silent Hill 4 trailer was the best and creepiest trailer of any game, but not the one you linked. XD
This one:

Ah, you're right. That's the one I meant to post! :p

Wishful thinking, but I would honestly be excited for a remaster of SH4 that kept much of the original game intact but expanded the scope to include everything the original team intended to include but couldn't due to limited time. That game deserves it

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I would kill for a Director's Cut of Silent Hill 4 that tightened up the gameplay but kept all the atmosphere of the trailer.

I'd be thrilled if this ended up just being a full-blown remake of Silent Hill 4 where they kept the core premise and nothing else

Ah, you're right. That's the one I meant to post! :p

Wishful thinking, but I would honestly be excited for a remaster of SH4 that kept much of the original game intact but expanded the scope to include everything the original team intended to include but couldn't due to limited time. That game deserves it

Yeah. SH4 could have been the best imo, it ahd best story in the series and the creepiest atmosphere. sadly the fallacies of the gameplay made it redundant and repulsive so not many coulld like it. Luckily Kojima built up on the successful concept of SH4 and managed to make it feel much better in P.T. and succeeded.

and Shevek nice avatar btw. This could be even a Silent Hill monster instead of the usual dogs since they are rebooting the series, it could be all about cats now. XD

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I know we've been talking about this for a while, but I still can't help but get excited at the prospect of something like Silent Hill (and maybe some of the original team) returning. I'm not even world's biggest fan or anything, but I have a real fondness for what Silent Hill brought to PS1 and PS2 era. I think it will turn a lot of heads.

Just thinking of Silent Hill, FF7, and a number of big PS titles getting unveiled for PS5 is exciting!

Edit: To be clear, I don't know anything, but I totally believe the mods and KatharsisT.

Last edited:

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
If crowds were permitted into an arena for this reveal I would have this looping while everyone fills in.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm playing through SH4 for the first time on PCSX2 right now and shit's kinda rough tbh. A bit surprised most hardcore SH fans seem to like it so much, especially since I'd mostly just seen people dump on it over the years.

The atmosphere's pretty on point, the Twin Victims are fucking HORRIFYING, and the story's fairly intriguing, much more than SH3's for me. But that doesn't make up for, like... all the other stuff.

Room of Angel is also one of my favourite tracks in the series now (context helps a lot), although I'm a bit surprised at the lack of a soundtrack for most of the game. I'm genuinely not sure if it hasn't been there or if I just haven't noticed it, which is rare.

A full-blown remake would probably fuck super hard, but I don't know if I want to see this entire series get remade like RE currently is. The thought of SH2 being remade especially fills me with dread. A proper remake of SH1 would be incredible, but I doubt they'd just stop there.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
A full-blown remake would probably fuck super hard, but I don't know if I want to see this entire series get remade like RE currently is. The thought of SH2 being remade especially fills me with dread. A proper remake of SH1 would be incredible, but I doubt they'd just stop there.

I'd just prefer a remaster of SH2 where the visual touches of the game are intact. A remake isn't necessary because i'd imagine whoever would make it would try to put their own spin on things instead of doing a straight remake. A RE-style remake of SH2 would be a disaster in the making.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I'm playing through SH4 for the first time on PCSX2 right now and shit's kinda rough tbh. A bit surprised most hardcore SH fans seem to like it so much, especially since I'd mostly just seen people dump on it over the years.

The atmosphere's pretty on point, the Twin Victims are fucking HORRIFYING, and the story's fairly intriguing, much more than SH3's for me. But that doesn't make up for, like... all the other stuff.

Room of Angel is also one of my favourite tracks in the series now (context helps a lot), although I'm a bit surprised at the lack of a soundtrack for most of the game. I'm genuinely not sure if it hasn't been there or if I just haven't noticed it, which is rare.

The praise SH4 gets is less for the game itself and more just a lot of its individual parts and ideas. The game itself is kind of crappy to play and you can tell it was far more rushed than the previous two titles. But people have come to appreciate it a lot more because it is a different kind of beast and has a lot of neat concepts that would have made it special had they had a chance to really flourish. Definitely one of those titles that was rediscovered, because it was pretty hated by a lot of the fanbase originally, but since the western developed games, there's been a fetishization of Team Silent's output so people have turned around to it.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
9zsycon.jpg

The things you do while you wait for the SH PS5 announcement..

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The praise SH4 gets is less for the game itself and more just a lot of its individual parts and ideas. The game itself is kind of crappy to play and you can tell it was far more rushed than the previous two titles. But people have come to appreciate it a lot more because it is a different kind of beast and has a lot of neat concepts that would have made it special had they had a chance to really flourish. Definitely one of those titles that was rediscovered, because it was pretty hated by a lot of the fanbase originally, but since the western developed games, there's been a fetishization of Team Silent's output so people have turned around to it.

This is all true. Before Homecoming and Downpour pretty much nobody talked positively about SH4. It was only when the Western teams started repeatedly "remaking" SH2 but with a less steady hand that people started actually examining SH4 as anything other than the series' black sheep.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Lmao, could you imagine if this ends up being real but really is just like those Castlevania remasters that Sony helped with (I forget which they were)? "And now introducing the return of Silent Hill! We've teamed with Konami and some former Team Silent members to bring you some brand new remasters of Silent Hill 2 and 3!'

I know people in here get super defensive about this rumor, so relax, I'm not saying or implying that is actually the case, just saying it would be funny is all.

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, could you imagine if this ends up being real but really is just like those Castlevania remasters that Sony helped with (I forget which they were)? "And now introducing the return of Silent Hill! We've teamed with Konami and some former Team Silent members to bring you some brand new remasters of Silent Hill 2 and 3!'

I know people in here get super defensive about this rumor, so relax, I'm not saying or implying that is actually the case, just saying it would be funny is all.

It would not be funny to most of us.

DemiOrpheus

Banned
May 9, 2020

better than anything we've gotten in the last 10 years tbh

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

It would make me laugh that they asked Toyama to consult on remasters of two Silent Hill games he had nothing to do with, at least.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Silent Hill could be a good case to show off the data streaming speed of the new SSD's actually. With the world instantly transforming into the Otherworld.

Gameplay wise they could do so many interesting things with this as well. Where you have to change things in one world that affects the other.

(then again, I was just thinking Dishonored 2 did this allready on the old hardware :))

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Everytime this thread gets bumped and is on the main page, I hurry to see if there are some new stuff or leaks. Then
It's always

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
better than anything we've gotten in the last 10 years tbh

Lol, very true! But I think the only way something like that wouldn't be disappointing if it were something like in the style of Activision's remasters or something.

It would not be funny to most of us.

It would obviously be disappointing, but if you couldn't find any humor in it that's one of the reasons you need to always treat insider info, rumors, etc. with some grain of salt. Like I was disappointed when we ended up not getting a Starfox game by Retro, but I can't lie, the idea that all of these people had misinformation about what was most likely a random bit of DLC in Starlink that somehow morphed into the other thing still makes me chuckle.

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
9zsycon.jpg

The things you do while you wait for the SH PS5 announcement..
I never want to touch the 10-star challenge for this game again. I hate that damn boat

how did you manage to complete the bag issue in hard mode? when PH chases you and Maria.
What do you mean by "bag issue"? If you meant just completing that sequence, you have to move James slowly to trigger PH's spawning and then shoot him a few times to slow him. Once you do that, you run a bit further and then stop to shoot PH again. Just rinse and repeat until you get close enough that you can keep running safely. Hard mode kind of sucks in SH2, huh?

Last edited:

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

I'd actually be very excited to get proper remasters of 2 and 3, lol.

In replace of a new PS5 SH project with Toyama/Yamaoka/Ito? Of course not. But it would be a nice consolation prize. 😅

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
how did you manage to complete the bag issue in hard mode? when PH chases you and Maria.

In replace of a new PS5 SH project with Toyama/Yamaoka/Ito? Of course not. But it would be a nice consolation prize. 😅
They'd need to throw in SH4 too. That game deserves preservation, too, plus the PS3 PSN version has issues

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
So I was looking at some Silent Hill games on eBay, going back to maybe get some titles I no longer have and SH prices are kind of wild. Don't know if that's a recent thing or not, but one thing that jumps out is how some versions are like way higher than others. Like SH4 on PS2 is generally pretty expensive, some going for over $100, but Xbox versions are all like $20-30. Origins on PSP is pretty cheap, but the PS2 version is kind of high. And Shattered Memories is super easy to find on Wii for sub-$30, the PSP version is a tad more expensive, but the PS2 version must be super rare or something, because those are going for upwards of $200+.

Honestly, I would too lol, but considering how much people have hyped this up here, I know a lot would be disappointed.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
why is this thread still alive if konami straight up said its not happening?

Vetted evidence from multiple sources point to the game's existence, and Konami was replying to the entire rumor mill from a couple months back which also claimed Sony was acquiring the IP and that a Kojima SH project was all but confirmed.

Plus you don't confirm a true megaton like SH for PS5 in a standard PR response.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Vetted evidence from multiple sources point to the game's existence, and Konami was replying to the entire rumor mill from a couple months back which also claimed Sony was acquiring the IP and that a Kojima SH project was all but confirmed.

Plus you don't confirm a true megaton like SH for PS5 in a standard PR response.

The vetted evidence only comes from one source, just for sake of clarity.

Would this remake be made in conjunction with Japan studios and Konami.

If the information we have is correct, it will pretty much be made almost entirely by Sony, Konami is basically just licensing out the IP to them. But, of course, if this is true that may not be accurate since it's unclear to what level this insider information is and how much they actually know about the actual behind the scenes development. But as of now, it's understood it's going to be a Japan Studios production.

Status
Not open for further replies.