• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Is the source just some guy on Reddit or are they actually credible?

Also a friendly reminder that the consolidation of the games industry is bad for consumers. I hate this trend of everything being acquired and fanboys having their corporate acquisition wishlists.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
The big mod community wouldnt still move from PC.
Good luck with the popular NSFW and other problematic stuff being curated by Sony be let in.
I can't imagine that they'd stop doing Bethesda games on PC even if they acquired them. My guess would be walled garden for mods hosted by Sony for Playstation and PC/Bethesda launcher, and open mods also supported on PC. This is all very hypothetical, but yeah I can't see mods being a barrier to this acquisition happening.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Sony wants to save single player games by forcing Bethesda to stop with the Fallout 76 nonsense

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This would be the worst possible scenario. Unless sony does a microsift and keeps all the games multiplatform.

Oh it's some absolute bullshit from a crazy person.

Deleted member 29857

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Zenimax takeover would cost more than Minecraft. And that was a Microsoft purchase, not Xbox. I think the TES IP alone is worth a billion?

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Have a hard time imagining the lawyer's nest that is the Zenimax board ever selling to anyone.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Everything would change since Sony's studio's cooperate.

Not that I see it happen though.

Lol, zenimax studios cooperate too. id helped bethesda with fallout 4's gunplay for example.
bethesda has explained over and over that they use creation engine because its the engine that suits their needs the most, and that wouldnt change even if they switched publishers. The engine itself isnt the problem in the end, its more to do with bethesdas programming skills.

Nov 13, 2017
The only way I can see value in this rumour is if one of the studios was bought out by Sony rather than the entire Zenimax portfolio.

In that case, if it was just the one studio, which one would fit Sony so well?

Tango or Arkane Studio would fit them well imo.

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
I hope this is 100% true this would force Microsoft to buy take two, Capcom & Sega for around 28 billion cash total. Sony could afford Zenimax their market cap is around s 2.5 billion

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This thread seems to be based on Reddit rumors, so it's locked. If there's a better source, then feel free to make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.