• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
"The renders look good" is no longer justification for believing a rumor after impressive fakes like the Rayman and Grinch hoaxes.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I'll believe it when I see it but I would be so down for Colours and Unleashed getting a re-release.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
If they're not good ports (and there is a decent possibility they are not) then I'm not interested

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I think all the 3D Sonic games are pants. Whilst the 2D games are amazing. Why are they celebrating only the worst Sonic games?

Would buy a collection of all the 2D games though including the handheld games etc.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Secret Rings is legitimately good. It's got a slow start due to having to unlock most of his abilities, and of course it's brought down a bit by slightly finicky Wiimote controls, but it's a genuinely good game regardless. I did a replay a while back and was surprised how much I enjoyed it, a port with a standard control scheme would be well received IMO.

It's one of the worst games I've ever played in my life, the controls and diabolical progression make it joyless.

Tracker_TD

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen one legitimately convincing example. There's good fan renders but nothing even close to this. If this turns out to be fake I'll be shocked.
Maybe not from the specific examples in this thread, but beyond the main Sonic render I'm still not seeing it - Tails looks nearly off-model, and there's very good work with Sonic and Mania-style models in the community as is:
D2iz2XXWkAYsefU

(Yes, this is fanart - render by Parax_3D)

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I played Secret Rings for a couple of hours when it first came out and gave up on it because there was zero fun to be found in it

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Another oddity - the rings in the background appear to be a different, thinner model to the one Sonic is holding

SD3Ksx9.jpg

That plus the shading around Tails' arm joint and whatever is going on with his shoe

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe not from the specific examples in this thread, but beyond the main Sonic render I'm still not seeing it - Tails looks nearly off-model, and there's very good work with Sonic and Mania-style models in the community as is:
D2iz2XXWkAYsefU

Sonic and the Eggman aircraft are directly ripped from Lost World's opening.

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is totally bogus. Artists like BlueParax already make renders that easily look this good (and even then, I'd say Tails' render here actually looks pretty off)

Still looks better than Tails' official Forces render, that thing made me do a double take. Dude looks like he got cut off in the middle of a sentence.

00hUrz2.png

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Regardless of the renders legitimacy, it wouldn't surprise me if this was real. I'm definitely in if it means I can play Colors and Unleashed on my PC.

And I guess Shadow too.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
D2iz2XXWkAYsefU

That's hilarious lol

looks like that pig is saying "please save us giant hedgehog god"

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
As a base I'd like:

Sonic CD, 1, 2 Taxman ports
Sonic 3
Sonic Spinball
Sonic Arcade
Sonic Fighters
Sonic Adventure 1 & 2
Sonic '06
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Colours
Sonic Generations

But that's a big ask I guess. Half decent ports with nice art / menus and I'd pay full price

Tracker_TD

Oct 25, 2017
Still looks better than Tails' official Forces render, that thing made me do a double take. Dude looks like he got cut off in the middle of a sentence.

00hUrz2.png
While not a massive improvement, it's worth noting that's specifically his render from the mobile game, in which Hardlight confusingly used their own worse looking versions of the Forces renders.

This is the actual Forces render.

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
While not a massive improvement, it's worth noting that's specifically his render from the mobile game, in which Hardlight confusingly used their own worse looking versions of the Forces renders.

This is the actual Forces render.

My faith in their ability to properly render Tails has increased by 4%.

Tracker_TD

Oct 25, 2017
Even so, the whole thing looks ripped from the two openings of Lost World. This image in the OP looks completely fresh. I probably didn't word this very well, but I hope you get my point.
It's based on it, but it still had to be posed, lit and rendered by Parax himself. It's not like a drawing - you can't just trace a 3D render. I wouldn't be much different to make an original pose in terms of effort than the example I posted. All it takes is coming up with a different pose.

I also find it weird that nobody's questioned it being a "3D game collection", yet it has Mania Sonic on the image - his game wouldn't even be included, and he doesn't use that design in Forces.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Will 06 finally return?
Not gonna lie, I would probably buy this just for that. But if this collection was real, I honestly think that the only 3D games we'd get would be the Adventure games, Lost World, and most or all of the boost games. Even Unleashed, a big turning point for the series, would not be a guarantee because Sega still seems at least mildly embarrassed by it.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
It needs:

Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3&K
Sonic CD
SA1
SA2
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Colors
Sonic Generations

Anything else is a bonus but I'd particularly love getting Riders and the handheld games. I hope this is real.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yo if Capcom can put X6 and X7 in their collection, and Konami can put Castlevania 2 and Adventure 1 in their collection, then Sega can put 06 in their collection too. LETS. GO.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I'm down to replay SA1&2, but if 3&K isn't included, this collection is worthless to me.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
It needs:

Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3&K
Sonic CD
SA1
SA2
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Colors
Sonic Generations

Anything else is a bonus but I'd particularly love getting Riders and the handheld games. I hope this is real.

For me, my ideal sonic collection would be:

Sonic 1
Sonic 1 (MS ver)
Sonic 1 (Taxman ver)
Sonic 2
Sonic 2 (MS ver)
Sonic 2 (Taxman ver)
Sonic Chaos
Sonic CD
Sonic CD (Taxman ver)
Sonic 3&K (/w all lock on versions - S2&K, Blue Sphere)
Knuckles Chaotix

too early for Sonic Mania Plus to be in a collection I guess

Oct 26, 2017
Listen to how ridiculous this sounds with the edit, then stop being a hater and let people have fun with the things that they like. Thanks.

Criticizing how SEGA is handling Sonic makes you a hater? Amazing "argument" you got there.

And you can have fun with re-release of a lot of mediocre Sonic games.

Last edited:

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
For me, my ideal sonic collection would be:

Sonic 1
Sonic 1 (MS ver)
Sonic 1 (Taxman ver)
Sonic 2
Sonic 2 (MS ver)
Sonic 2 (Taxman ver)
Sonic Chaos
Sonic CD
Sonic CD (Taxman ver)
Sonic 3&K (/w all lock on versions - S2&K, Blue Sphere)
Knuckles Chaotix

too early for Sonic Mania Plus to be in a collection I guess

I doubt we'd be getting multiple versions of the classics but the Taxman version is definitely preferred. Definitely too early for Mania Plus and... Forces (not that we want it lol).

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
It's based on it, but it still had to be posed, lit and rendered by Parax himself. It's not like a drawing - you can't just trace a 3D render. I wouldn't be much different to make an original pose in terms of effort than the example I posted. All it takes is coming up with a different pose.

I also find it weird that nobody's questioned it being a "3D game collection", yet it has Mania Sonic on the image - his game wouldn't even be included, and he doesn't use that design in Forces.

If real I would assume it's simply an updated model based on his well-recieved Mania design. He's in Generations so it would make sense to include him in the art.

Ooh wow 99% wrong 1% right still doesn't make it true

I didn't say it does, just that being from 4chan doesn't guarantee it's fake... it just usually means it's fake!

Tracker_TD

Oct 25, 2017
If real I would assume it's simply an updated model based on his well-recieved Mania design. He's in Generations so it would make sense to include him in the art.
They'd just use his Generations design. That design is still in all merch style guides, and still used on the actual packaging and promo art for Mania itself (because it's just the original Ohshima version of Classic in 3D) - it would make no sense to deviate from it the one time that the Hesse design isn't used at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.