• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
People are in for a serious treat with Shadow if that's true. For those who are wondering why everyone's chomping at the bit to see Bluepoint's next remake: this is the single biggest reason why. An absolutely stunning rendition of the original, and that soundtrack is godlike all these years later.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
You can't do much better than Shadow of the Colossus... But, you can't do much worse than Sonic Forces either.

It's good exposition for both, in any case.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what... Sonic Forces for "free", I'm gonna play it and maybe even enjoy it a bit. Can't be that bad... no?

Already own Shadow of the Colossus and it's a great game.
Dont let the over exagerated hate fool you. Its not an awful game, it works and has stuff. Its not broken or shambling like 06 and Boom, just kinda mediocre and the custom character moveset is whatever.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Y'all mean, Sonic Forces isn't terrible. Played it at a friend's and I think my daughter's will get some good hours out of it

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I've already beaten SoTC back in the day but never played the remake. One of my favorite games of all time so that's cool. As for the other, oh well fuck it time to broaden my horizons lol.

With that said I don't know why anyone is giving that one user shit. PS+ is expensive and offers shit value tbh. They really need to start offering more titles every month or maybe include some ps now benefits (2 or 3 games of your choice for that month?). If it weren't for playing fighting games online I would have dropped ps+ like a hot potato ages ago. It actually makes me sad that people go out of their way to justify the expensive glorified online play paywall.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Dont let the over exagerated hate fool you. Its not an awful game, it works and has stuff. Its not broken or shambling like 06 and Boom, just kinda mediocre and the custom character moveset is whatever.

Well, it's not broken until you hit any sort of half pipe or loop section, at which point Sonic will just fly off it in absolutely random directions for no reason lol.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
So basically they wanted to capitalize on the Sonic hype and ran out of good games to include.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
You know what... Sonic Forces for "free", I'm gonna play it and maybe even enjoy it a bit. Can't be that bad... no?
I played it for free and I still regret the waste of 4 hours of my life. Even 06 has more enjoyment to be wrung out of it (mostly through laughter), Forces is Boom tier irredeemable garbage.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Hope they include the Shadow DLC for Forces so the prophecy can be completed.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
SotC is one of the GOATs. Happy that others will get to play it. Sonic Forces feels like an OK pick for the second, less important game. With the movie being a hit I imagine many will try it. Disappointing but not unexpected that they didn't continue with an extra VR game.

Last edited:

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Shadow of colossus during a sale months back and it is still in my backlog. Great job me...

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Oh awesome, never played SotC but I've heard it's good. Forces should be good for a laugh too. PS+ has been great lately for people like me who haven't already bought the good games.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
sonic forces isn't that bad. it's really short with most levels being like 2 minutes long, but it's still alright. it's a game where sonic was a POW and relentlessly tortured for six months. it's worth playing just to hear some of the truly crazy lines of dialogue

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
If true, I'll play Sonic Forces. I already own SotC. Scores don't really mean much to me when it comes to Sonic games. I just like romping around in em'.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
I'll play Sonic Forces out of curiosity. Shadow of the Colosus is a fantastic game if anyone hasn't had the pleasure of playing the PS4 remake. Easily one of the best games i've played on PS4

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I've been so close to buying SotC many times, would love to have it for free with PS+!

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Wow, I might actually get to play SotC. I've almost bought it a few times but held off.

I've seen people play Sonic Forces and know how bad it is but that just makes me even more curious to try it.