• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
I am interested to see how this turns out. But Battle Royale really hasn't captured my attention. I tried PUBG, but it felt sluggish. I tried Fortnite but didn't like the building aspect of it. I tried Blackout but was already fatigued from Call of Duty. And in all the games I didn't like how much time was just spent walking.

I do like the idea of one life, where you have to be more cautious rather than just run around without care. Gears warzone comes to mind. I hope that Titanfall can do it well without having too much downtime.

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
Can't find it unless it hasn't been said before but what is Siege like for this? It's a 1 shot to the head like in the game ? Or like just lay on the floor and see your feet . Cause... idk how it would be like Siege

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I'll try it. I can't stand PUBG's "clunkiness" anymore and Blackout is getting boring due to lack of content, so I will gladly take a new BR game.
Even most streamers are getting bored with current BR games, so now is a good time to release new BR game.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Pretty sure both Titanfall 3 and SW were in development before the buyout.
EA won't halt the development of both games to change the engine.

There is an interesting story to write about how this game came into existence. Maybe a journalist will investigate and cover it.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this means anything for the BR mode in Battlefield V.

Like is the BFV one cancelled?

Seems mighty odd to launch this as free then launch that a month or two after

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
If there is not Titans or wall running I'm out even at free. I'm still going to follow along and hope that some of the leaks are BS mixed with reality.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll wait for more info, cause everything sound disappointing thus far.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wait no wall running? I'll still give the game a shot because I love Titanfall, but wall running and Titans were some of the best things about TF.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Given all the social and legal backlash EA is getting should they really be releasing a P2W game right now.

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Weren't we suppose to hear something official today (assuming the rumors were true) ? I'm want to be excited but the lack of official word and the fact that Apex Legend sounds like 15 year olds youtube channel has me looking through my skeptical hippo eyes.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't we suppose to hear something official today (assuming the rumors were true) ? I'm want to be excited but the lack of official word and the fact that Apex Legend sounds like 15 year olds youtube channel has me looking through my skeptical hippo eyes.
Titanfall Legends was actually the name of the most popular Titanfall-related YT channel when Titanfall 1 was releasing, so you're not far off.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A356jiI.gif

cluk

May 22, 2018
Why not, it's free and titanfall is fun.

Never enjoyed the titan aspect that much anyway.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
For free I'll give it a shot! Not saying it will be godly or anything but for free it's only a little bandwidth!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Given all the social and legal backlash EA is getting should they really be releasing a P2W game right now.
Nothing about this rumor implies anything about the game being P2W. EA has been avoiding that kind of thing in their shooters ever since Battlefront II happened.

StewboaT

Mar 6, 2018
So if this turns out to be true, and it's free to play, how about you guys actually play it before bashing the fuck out of it? I can't wait to see what they've cooked up here. Talented crew at Respawn.

Oct 27, 2017
Loot-boxes huh? i guess they haven't learned anything from the bf2 fiasco (yes i know this is f2p, lootboxes are still wrong tho)

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Just comes down to the nature of the timing really. Projects were already deep in development. It'd take a very long time to switch everything over to Frostbite, wouldn't make sense to take 10 steps back.
To be fair, switching to Frostbite for anything other than DICE games might as well be taking 10 steps back for the developers

Kotaku confirms

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
A new Titanfall spinoff is in the works, and it'll be out sooner than anyone could possibly guess. In fact, internet rumors (and word from our own sources) suggests that it'll be out this Monday.
]The game isn't officially announced just yet, but word leaked out this morning thanks to esports journalist Rod Breslau. As Breslau reported today,it's called Apex Legends and will be out on Monday for PC, Xbox, and PS4. It's a free-to-play battle royale that, interestingly, won't let you use the Titan mech suits that make Titanfall so iconic. You'll have supernatural MOBA-like hero abilities and play either solo or in a team of three as you battle other players for delicious chicken dinners.
Expect Apex Legends to be announced very soon, perhaps tomorrow at the Super Bowl or on Monday as a not-so-much-of-a-surprise reveal. This will be the first of two games Respawn has planned for this year, in addition to Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, which is slated to come out in the fall.

So, it's happening huh.

Full article: https://kotaku.com/a-free-to-play-titanfall-battle-royale-game-will-be-out-1832291956

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This could be very interesting, hopefully this build enough traction to get a Titanfall 3.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
So it's not Titanfall. Cool. I might check it out but people trying to play this off as some sort of successor to Titanfall are just outright lying to people.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Better idea EA:

Battlefield V didn't meet sales expectations? So, resurrect Battlefield Heroes and make it exclusively a F2P Battle Royale. Look, it even has that Fortnite aesthetics too.

battlefield-heroes-20090721021841437-000.jpg

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So they technically took that canned Titanfall Online game and made it another thing.

latest

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
So it's not Titanfall. Cool. I might check it out but people trying to play this off as some sort of successor to Titanfall are just outright lying to people.
It's set in the Titanfall universe, so as long as it's good. The article also mentioned it running on source, so maybe it'll play the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.