• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
They should make it a part of Titan Fall 2 and make that free so more people play the multiplayer so that I can play TF2 again..

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it's true. Shame it's probably not going to play like Titanfall

Nerdmuch

Apr 6, 2018
You'd be fooling yourself if you think the gunplay in Titanfall is not one of the best we have ever gotten.

Titan or no Titan, I believe in Respawn and will always support them. They make great games, and gunplay/gameplay is untouchable.

It is absolutely great gunplay, and the non-mech ideas are still great....but I'm saying they had a chance here to really do something no other BR game is doing...implement mechs.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i'll try it out but sounds kinda dumb and chasing the market. EA constantly seems to be in "lets shoehorn our products to chase the latest fad" instead of stepping back and figuring out how to tailor the fad to their strengths. Maybe they just don't really have any strengths anymore :(

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
It is absolutely great gunplay, and the non-mech ideas are still great....but I'm saying they had a chance here to really do something no other BR game is doing...implement mechs.
I bet we will see Mechs in the future (timed events? Hope not), once the userbase grows and EA see money in this to invest more modes and features.

Whatever keeps Titanfall alive, I'm game. Series died in the heat of exclusives.

KrebStar

Oct 28, 2017
This would be pretty rad if the last 2 or 6 or whatever players got Titans, so every match just ended in a Titan brawl.

Deleted member 27686

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
EA: You know what players want, Titanfall Battle Royale.
Players: Ok, cool...
EA: No Titans, tho...
Players:
giphy.gif

Tbh what interests me more with Titanfall is the gunplay and pace of the game, had a blast with pilot-only modes. Not having Titans on the BR game is perfectly fine for me, but not having wall running and probably being forced to play in a 3 player team is what is throwing me off right now, but will wait until release to judge their vision.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
They should make it a part of Titan Fall 2 and make that free so more people play the multiplayer so that I can play TF2 again..
You know what? I bet this started as a Titanfall revitalization plan. I wish TF2 goes F2P (even though I already own it) just to get more friends to play it.

However, Titanfall feels overwhelming in its first sight, so I doubt making it free would boost the userbase. And with this f2p game planned, that'll never happen.

Tbh what interests me more with Titanfall is the gunplay and pace of the game, had a blast with pilot-only modes.

Yeah, Pilots only mode is a BLAST.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming this is true, that means Respawn has been working on 3 titles at the same time, how big are they?

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Getting a firm confirmation about TF3 when this gets announced would go a long way for me and many other players in the TF community.
PS4, Xbox One and PC are locked. Don't expect a Switch port, at least definitley not at launch.

Nice....excitment building.

Any timeframe of announcement time today?

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming this is true, that means Respawn has been working on 3 titles at the same time, how big are they?
It's true. Respawn is pretty big. I'm not sure what's going on with TF3 (and I wonder if it's still being made in the Source engine or if they've moved to Frostbite) but Apex Legends is real - someone leaked me some details and screenshots a while ago, and everything Rod Breslau tweeted matches what I've seen and heard.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's true. Respawn is pretty big. I'm not sure what's going on with TF3 (and I wonder if it's still being made in the Source engine or if they've moved to Frostbite) but Apex Legends is real - someone leaked me some details and screenshots a while ago, and everything Rod Breslau tweeted matches what I've seen and heard.
Leonardo-DiCaprio-Django-Unchained-You-Had-my-Curiosity.gif

Oct 27, 2017
No wall riding or titans? I'll wait to see but that sounds unappealing to me

BR in a Titanfall setting could be batshit crazy fun

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey

Apex sounds like a great opportunity to give Respawn enough time to switching Frostbite for next-gen targetted Titanfall 3. I don't think EA will want to see modified Source powered next-gen game especially since they now own Respawn.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I'll certainly give it a whirl. I love Titanfall and I love BR games.
But what the fuck is up with that timing EA? You've got Anthem around the corner and Battlefield V's BR is also around the corner (which according to some people including me is make or break for that game)
Like seriously? Why now?

giphy.gif

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Nice....excitment building.

Any timeframe of announcement time today?

Rumors have been circling around that there will be a Super Bowl ad on Sunday night.

This week: apparently more playtesting happened and leaks of the game to be released on Monday https://dm.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/alx44e/the_prophecy/ (look at user's history, wild speculation: he or she is knowledgeable about a Super Bowl ad

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/am85sx/titanfall_battle_royale_a_timeline_of_leaks_and/

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Apex sounds like a great opportunity to give Respawn enough time to switching Frostbite for next-gen targetted Titanfall 3. I don't think EA will want to see modified Source powered next-gen game especially since they now own Respawn.
Respawn still hasn't switched over to Frostbite. Still on UE4 for their next games.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I love Titanfall 2's multiplayer and I got pretty damn good at it, so I'm at least a little hyped for this. I'll try it for sure, it's free !

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Lots of people craping on a game they haven't seen. You people remember Fortnite. A quality developer took a 180 on their game chasing pubg and the rest is history.

As long as respawn are the developers I am extremely excited and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Titanfall 1 and 2 ran a modified version of Source? Wow, I had no idea.

Hopefully this is good and not just something they're putting out there to capitalize on the BR hype. All I wanted was a BR for CS:GO, and we got it....but it was put out without much build up and didn't really resonate with me. I like how this is sounding though.

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah sure, I'll try it. Titanfall 2 is a dope game, so I'll play whatever Respawn makes in the future.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'll definitely try it but I'm not expecting much. BR hasn't hooked me in yet in it's various forms and if this doesn't have Titans it's also taking out the thing I like most about TF.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
A Titanfall BR with no Mechs is dumb, but I get it.

A Titanfall with no Mechs AND none of the awesome movement tech? Ya lost me.

Status
Not open for further replies.