• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
No wall running?

Does it even feel like TF2?

What's the point even? To be drowned out by Blackout? It even has less players

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It won't have loot boxes, it will have paid for cosmetics and likely a battle pass. EA have learned that lesson.

I wonder how long before Blackout goes free to play now.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Wow cant wait. Only thing that worries me is the mobility is dumbed down by a lot making it like blackout. Hopefully not the case! Excited to play as i love titanfall

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
No Titans or wall-running kinda just makes it a lower-budget sci-fi Blackout.

Yep. The 60 FPS shooting mechanics and TTK in Titanfall is almost identical to COD. The wall running and Titans are what made it different. As I mentioned in my post above, maybe Titans are only in the last circle. Like Blackout's level 3 armor but everyone gets one. It would be an awesome incentive to make it to the final circle.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Stoked to get single-use Titans from lootboxes.

I'm kidding, this actually sounds neat.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
No Titans I can live with. No wall running...? The mobility is some of the coolest things about Titanfall..

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
People talking about TF2 in here have me super confused, because I strongly associate that with Team Fortress 2. It's made worse by them using the same engine!

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
Respawn has made 2 awesome fps games so this game gets the benefit of the doubt until I see it and play it.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Any reason why this is announced and released like they are ashamed of it?
Three days in between is kinda weird.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
This sounds nothing like titanfall.

Fuck Respawn wtf. I'm already sick of BR games. Titanfall 2 had so many changes gameplay wise compared to titanfall 1. I wonder if this is coming out to just make them enough money with the MT's so they can do a full on T3. Wonder if this was EA letting them make something in that universe that was smaller in budget?

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
This is pretty nuts and making it f2p will actually give it a chance. Strange timing though with Anthem coming and a BF5 br in the works because this Titan thing is bound to swallow them just because it's f2p. Fun development.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
This could be cool, but if Titanfall 3 is also coming then it's just gonna kill this game or cause some major population split.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I was really excited until I got to "no Titans or wall-running." What's the point?

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I am willing to give EA the benefit of the doubt with Respawn being behind the wheel. I do feel the name needs to have the Titanfall name in it somehow. Otherwise it just looks like another F2P title when scrolling through a store. Yes, I understand there is rumored to be no Titans in it.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very much against taking a wait and see approach.

It's important that we trash the game now.

It's what we do, it's what we're good at.

Never change, guys.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this is made my respawn then I have faith, if it's a different team then all I expect is this to damage the Titanfall brand

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I understand no titans...but no wall-running?

That's like....the best part of the Titanfall universe; the ninja-like pilots.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
how fucking strange is this timing though? EA bout to release Anthem. Meanwhile a BR mode for BFV is gonna drop soon. And now EA is releasing a F2P BR game on Monday and haven't revealed it yet? I feel like Im taking crazy pills reading this news.

Still very interested though. Sounds great tbh.

Oct 27, 2017
Everything desperately wants to be Battle Royale, it seems.

Also, why is this just stealth-releasing like this? What are you doing with this IP, EA?!

It isn't a stealth-release, it is just leaked before the massive Twitch/Youtuber event started. On the day of release, all of the western platforms will promote this Titanfall/BR game at full blast.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Like, I get why you'd use Titanfall as a property for a more hardcore oriented BR

And I get why a Titanfall spinoff that doesn't include Titans or wall running would avoid being directly titled Titanfall to avoid those specific expectations

But for some reason both of those things together feel weird

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
how fucking strange is this timing though? EA bout to release Anthem. Meanwhile a BR mode for BFV is gonna drop soon. And now EA is releasing a F2P BR game on Monday and haven't revealed it yet? I feel like Im taking crazy pills reading this news.

Still very interested though. Sounds great tbh.

A BR game is quite different experience from Anthem. The timing next to BFV though is weird

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
That it's even playable with 60 people means the answer is "heavily".

I remember back in the day people figured out how to beak the max player count in Team Fortress 2, and the instant you veered off into 40+ (and people did try stuff like 80) it became an unplayable mess because the netcode couldn't handle that many live players at once.

It's basically a Source Engine hallmark that the MP never goes above 32.

It's not playercount I'm thinking about. Besides, the Half Life 2 mod Empires was built around 64-players and it didn't have too bad netcode issues from that.

The big killer I see the Source Engine being is map size and draw-distance due to Source Engine maps being BSP/Visleaf based. As covered below:

Status
Not open for further replies.