• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I did and I go back to it here and there. TF2 just doesnt scratch the itch for me. Mainly due to lack of presentation compared to TF1 in MP.
They did a good job making the MP in TF1 feel more than it was. With the additional AI running around, numerous chatter, Titanfall being a big deal.
TF2 lacks a lot of that and it's enough to kinda put me off.

I'm the same. I actually really liked Titanfall 2 (the campaign was undeniable) but it lost something in multiplayer compared to the first game. The multiplayer in Titanfall felt like a war zone. I think the map design and the constant AI threats/grunts added to that and both things were lacking in the sequel.

Info on parkour and what to expect

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I think it's worth waiting to see the game in action first.
Yes there are no Titans and things like wall riding are not in the current iteration of the game. But a lot of the features and core feel of Titanfall 2 is still there. There is elements of parkour in the game. I think the Edge editor is wrong to say there is 'no parkour'.
Game will be 60fps on consoles too.
The nod to R6S is primarily because of how the game has in depth characters that you can customise.
Also the game will have a tutorial mode to ease people in.

I like how people just ignored my post.

There is parkour and zip lines in the game.

Re-quoting for the new page.

As above, I think it's worth waiting to see the game in action before jumping to conclusions. They do seem to have found the right balance between a Hero shooter and Battle Royale game. Also worth noting the game is very much a live/ongoing title. So what you don't see in day 1 is being considered for the future. Just like with many titles today.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Re-quoting for the new page.

As above, I think it's worth waiting to see the game in action before jumping to conclusions. They do seem to have found the right balance between a Hero shooter and Battle Royale game.

You should kill this thread and make a new one with all the info, people don't read threads and they jump on conclusions without knowing shit.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes there are no Titans and things like wall riding are not in the current iteration of the game. But a lot of the features and core feel of Titanfall 2 is still there. There is elements of parkour in the game. I think the Edge editor is wrong to say there is 'no parkour'.
The nod to R6S is primarily because of how the game has in depth characters that you can customise.
You mean people should be patient before being irrational and making outlandish claims? Why I never.

Don't you understand people need to make hot takes NOW? You must decide whether you're in or out before even seeing the game, no exceptions!

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
No titans
no wall running

Titanfall

OK

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds interesting to me. Considering it's free it might actually undermine BFV. Especially if Firestorm stays squad only.
BFV has been a nightmare for EA since launch. Maybe they never want to wake up.
No titans, no parkour.
What is even Titanfall about this?
It would be the same as say, playing a Boba Fett videogame and proclaiming it isn't Star Wars because he doesn't use a lightsaber or fly X-Wings. It's in the same universe I guess.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I'm both excited and scared at the same time. I love Respawn's game play and am utterly addicted to Battle Royale games, but then EA is there.. :(

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What's higher, the budget for celebrities in the Superbowl commercial against development budget. This has got to be a cash grab, I can't imagine Respawn is big enough to support Jedi: Fallen Order, Titanfall 3 and this. Or maybe Titanfall 3 doesn't exist anymore and this is all we're getting.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND

Beardanidas

Oct 28, 2017
Game hasn't even been shown off yet and people are already jumping to the worst conclusions and trashing the game. Great way to completely destroy the morale of game developers. :\

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Siege customization like what the hell does that mean when other BR games have pretty deep customization

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I think I am not talking about the title (which I also read), but the things that make me think of this universe, game series and developer.
The things that make we want to be interested.

The things that make you want interested are called "Titanfall 3" and we know this is in development.

This is a F2P BR game, a completely separate project, they are not killing Titanfall 3 for Apex Legends.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not for me. I only care about the Titanfall because of the Titan gameplay.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
The things that make you want interested are called "Titanfall 3" and we know this is in development.

This is a F2P BR game, a completely separate project, they are not killing Titanfall 3 for Apex Legends.
I did not say they were killing titanfall 3 of course.

Gameplay hooks being dramatically different in a BR game might actually get me to play the genre - titans and wallrunning would have been something that would make me load it up. That would be pretty darn different. Niche, maybe even daring.

I am very cynical regarding BR because I have this memory of all the other XXXX-clones that happen when something gets big. Just even sideways hearing about it from the info Zhuge-Ex nicely provided makes me think they missed the opportunity right at the get go to levearge the IPs core and actually do something shockingly unique.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
image2.png

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
So, if there's no wallrun which elements of Titanfall's high mobility remain to set it apart from something like Blackout? is double jump in?

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
TheQuartering doesn't even play the games that he defends from "feminists and SJWs", he is fucking pathetic, how does he know something about the industry? maybe he bought the information, other than that... he is a loser.
Because there are people just like him and worse who work in the industry and people with common interest tend to gravitate toward eachother....

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Awesome, I'll be there the second the severs turn on. Anything that brings us more Titanfall is a win to me.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I would like if the mobility was preserved but whatever Respawn does I'm in. Titanfall 2 is an amazing game.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yall are so fucking negative all the time. It's coming from Respawn. It will be at least a solid shooter. Just wait on the official announcement and Gameplay clips.

Jesus.

Oct 27, 2017
I did and I go back to it here and there. TF2 just doesnt scratch the itch for me. Mainly due to lack of presentation compared to TF1 in MP.
They did a good job making the MP in TF1 feel more than it was. With the additional AI running around, numerous chatter, Titanfall being a big deal.
TF2 lacks a lot of that and it's enough to kinda put me off.
Yup. I always compare TF and TF2 to back when uniformity war and treyarch were making COD's. MW series just felt different and better imo compared to WaW and BO1. Titanfall 1 was something special but the sequel just didn't have it for me

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I have all of the faith in Respawn, but EA has just been shitting the bed as of late. I can't imagine they would fuck up the in-game purchases/unlocks since the Battlefront II fiasco- right....right??

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No titans, no wall riding... is this even made by Respawn or are they just slapping a popular IP on a random BR game that someone at EA made?

DreamVsPS2

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Dec 24, 2018
ITT people hating on an unannounced game with 3.21% knowledge of what the game is even about and mostly because it's an EA game

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Who asked for this?
I feel this could die faster than Fallout 76.

A BR that has Respawn's signature gunplay and map design I'm not sure about dying but it could surprise you. Even Treyarch's half cooked, lame ass fully priced Blackout mode is extremely popular not just because it's a Call of Duty but it's a relatively polished BR experience. This could be the next big BR if Respawn really is the developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.