• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, I'm good. I don't think a lot of the writing in this holds up to the same standard as RDR2. This would be a pass for me.

What I do wish they would do would be to make an RDR2 Undead Nightmare.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
This was rumored before RDR2 even came out. It makes sense because they've rebuilt a lot of the game already including parts of Mexico. My only hope if they do remake it they should tweak the original to better fit RDR2. Mention Author and more of the gang who were not part of RDR1. Allow Marston to visit the other half of the map.

I agree. Maybe trim the Mexico section down as well. I would hope that it would fit better tonally with RDR2 as well because right now it is night and day. RDR1 had some of that typical puerile and cynical humor of GTA games, 2 barely has any of that.

Can they redo all the voices in the Mexico section?

Totally agree. I would go even further and say I would hope they would re-write some of the more grotesquely racist caricatures, stereotypes and missions.

I would basically want more of a reimagining than a straight remake, because I don't think RDRs writing holds up at all.

Either way though I don't believe this to be true but if it is I personally hope they would make the effort to change some things about it.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like we've been hearing about an RDR 1 remake for like 5 years. Have any actual leaks or rumors out of Rockstar ever not been bullshit? Seems like a pretty air tight company.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
RDR is my favorite game of all-time, but I don't trust any Rockstar rumors after getting my hopes up for Bully 2 multiple times. Also 4chan is a cesspool that had a handful of accurate leaks 5-10 years ago and now for some reason every rumor originating from there gets reported on.

It doesn't even matter that 4chan has had stuff posted that turned out to be right in the past. It's literally just a forum that anyone can go on so there's no reason that anyone should believe a rumour where 4chan is the source.

Like I could go on there right now and post that PS5 is being cancelled and they're going straight to PS6 instead and it would be about as accurate as this thread.

Honestly I don't even understand why 4chan rumour threads aren't immediately locked.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
360 version already looks and plays great on xbox x at full 4k

With auto-HDR (certain) and 30->60fps (most probable) on series x soon, I don't really care if this rumor is true or false
In fact, nostalgia+ is not found in the possible remake for me.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
i dont believe it but... it would make perfect sense, no?

they want to put out something for next-gen asap, surely. so what would make more sense than RDR as a remake, it continues from RDR2 story wise (still fresh in many fans' memories), its their second biggest franchise, its not as much work because its an existing game, very highly reviewed... etc.

fuck it, i'll believe it despite the source lol. makes too much sense, "synergically" if you know what i mean. lots of different factors that would almost surely make it a huge hit at the start of next-gen when there isnt as much competition (what other equally huge game is coming out in the same timeframe? i cant think of any).

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
A new thread can be made if a reliable source can be found. This thread is closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.