• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
I'm currently playing RDR2 and i'm loving it. I honestly don't understand the critiques about it been "slow". Maybe playing at 60fps make it more faster or something. I would love a full remake from the first one.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I stopped holding my breath a long time ago waiting for a remaster/remake but RDR is my personal GOAT and I would be all over this if it did come out. If its even true (and I have a whole salt shaker ready) the release of that would probably be my biggest driver on when I get the next gen consoles.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Game Rant doesn't corroborate anything, they just click through 4chan looking for rumors and post them. They're garbage.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please be like RDR2!!

Im personally praying for a Smart Delivery version of RDR2, 4k 60fps!!

Im taking my time with RDR2, still got a 3rd left, i dont want it to end!!

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I'd be on board with a version that looks as good as the sequel but still plays like the original.
Don't see it happening though.

Edit: As in I think they'd end up fiddling with it and making it more similar to RDR2. Which I hate.
I don't know, If some of those rumors are true they know how controlling Arthur was one of the game its flaws, i would not be surprised they improve on that.

Its Rockstar they know... usually.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I KINDA don't doubt it since I can't imagine reworking assets would be hard (even for Rockstar, I can see them just shipping assets from the sequel to the remake).

Sleeprockss

Oct 27, 2017
I would love to see them make it more like RDR 2, and tweak the story to fit the tone of 2 a little more. I'd be surprised if they went that far though.

Oct 27, 2017
Not on Xbox One or PS4 and "wouldn't be surprised" if it was less than full price. That's not the Rockstar I recognise.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I remember that before RDR2 came out there was a rumor that its entire epilogue would be the remake of 1, I don't know where it came from, but when I played 2 and the epilogue started, I was ecstatic that maybe it was true. Then the credits rolled WAY before I expected and the tears of disappointment and because of the end of the game arrived :(

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I'm still unable to play RDR2 online for more than a few minutes with the disconnects from Rockstar's services. And I have great internet/tried every possible fix I could. Still does not work (unless my friends and I can get into a private lobby with just the 3 of us, then it has no problem working)

That compounded with the countless other bugs and issues and crashes make me not look forward to another Rockstar game anytime soon.

Honestly, with how little content they were churning out for RDR2, I was kind of expecting them to just keep dragging the game along until the new consoles come out and then we'll see a "remastered" RDR2 that has everything all fixed in it. Kind of like how GTAV was for the 360 era and now.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Cool as long as it includes Undead Nightmare and RDR 2 getting RDR's control scheme

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take more RDR in any form, but I'm still salty we didn't get any expansion for RDR2.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know about the second one, but I'd love a remake of the RDR1 so bad
I remember that before RDR2 came out there was a rumor that its entire epilogue would be the remake of 1, I don't know where it came from, but when I played 2 and the epilogue started, I was ecstatic that maybe it was true. Then the credits rolled WELL before I expected and the tears of disappointment and because of the end of the game arrived :(
Similar feelings here... I didn't know about this rumor, but when I realized I could go to those places again, I was mesmerized.

Man, I want a remake of RDR1 so bad, IMO is a way better game than the sequel. And a remake would make sense, at least for the PC gamers who never got the chance to play it.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
You know it is a fake rumor when it says the game is next gen exclusive.

If the game is happening and releasing in H1 2021 then there is no way Take 2 would skip the PS4/XB1.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
RDR2's world map contains the entire northern half of RDR1's game world. You can't explore most of it until the postgame and a lot of it is useless filler outside of Red Dead Online, but it's there. They'd need to do Mexico too in order to really cover all of the first game, but Blackwater and McFarlane ranch and all are already done.

Also, I would definitely be on board with seeing characters like Bill and Javier's portrayals be brought in line with their far better RDR2 incarnations. Javier in RDR1 is kind of a shitty racist stereotype.
Yeah I'd love to see update versions of the gang in RDR1. Would be nice if Sadie and Charles appear too + having Arthur mentioned in RDR1

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Sounds like a relatively easy job and there were lots of rumors around this, i think even something with Marston's VA ?

RDR being 4k BC on One X is not really a good argument against it.
It's only on Xbox and it still doesn't come close to looking anything like RDR2.
I'd imagine if that were the case it would be RDR missions and cutscenes recreated in RDR2 engine, with all the sequel's systems in place, which would qualify as remake.

I don't necessarily believe the rumor, but it would make some sense commercially, with GTA being years away

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Oh lorddd, yes please. Hows this rumor still manifesting though? I feel like Rockstar rumors always fizzle out for some reason. How confident were people on a Bully remake?

I'd really like this though. RDR2 still GOTG.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Zelnick doing the math over at Take Two

giphy.gif

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Honestly ? Wouldn't surprise me.
Mexico is already entirely modeled in RDR2, just without the cities.
+ You can glitch out the game and make your character have the voice of
Adult Jack Marston
These voiceline weren't recorded for nothing.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
If this is true I really hope they flesh out the world with all the things you could do and experience like in RDR2.
RDR1 feels so dead and empty compared to RDR2.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'd love to see update versions of the gang in RDR1. Would be nice if Sadie and Charles appear too + having Arthur mentioned in RDR1

I wouldn't have Sadie or Charles appear in person. Charles moved to Canada and Sadie is off doing her own thing, having them show back up would kind of break their arcs since they did move on.

Having John get letters from them would be fine, though.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have Sadie or Charles appear in person. Charles moved to Canada and Sadie is off doing her own thing, having them show back up would kind of break their arcs since they did move on.

Having John get letters from them would be fine, though.
I just assumed Sadie would still be in the area doing bounty hunting or something and I forgot about Charles wanting to move

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm very skeptical of this rumour but if it is true then I think there could be all new voice acting for one reason - motion capture. The cast of RDR2 did their acting in mocap suits and they would want it here for cutscenes especially. The whole cast seems enthusiastic about the series so I don't think there would be any problem bringing them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.