• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2018
This originated from website 4chan, but website Game Rant reported on it. So take this with a huge grain of salt. Lock if old information/thread on this.

Since the release of Red Dead Redemption 2, fan-favorite dev Rockstar Games has been relatively quiet on the new game front. GTA Online and RDO continue to get support, of course, but many are hopeful for what's in store for the future. Recent reports indicate that Grand Theft Auto 6 is years away, so fans are at a loss for what could be next.

That is, unless the most recent Rockstar Games leak is to be believed. If true, it seems Rockstar Games will be announcing a complete Red Dead Redemption Remake this year, with it set to release in Q1/Q2 2020. That's big if so, but as with all gaming rumors and leaks, it should be taken with a grain of salt. The post originates on 4chan, so that doesn't say much for the leaker's credibility, but stranger things have happened that a leak there being proved true.

According to the leaker, it's a complete remake of the original on Red Dead Redemption 2's engine. It'll feature a few enhanced game mechanisms like better fishing and hunting, as well as new missions. This would be an interesting way to at least mention Arthur Morgan in the original Red Dead Redemption, as while it's obvious he was made for the prequel, many always thought it odd that he was absent from the first game.

Furthermore, a few of the original VAs have been brought back, including John Marston's voice actor, Rob Wiethoff. The leaker says the announcement will be some time soon with a release currently scheduled for early 2021, either Q1 or Q2. It's reportedly in development for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X (although a recent magazine did confirm 38 games in development for PS5, this remake was not one of them). The leaker also mentions that a mexico expansion for Red Dead Online could be in the works, in honor of the remake.

When asked if it were basically DLC for Red Dead Redemption 2, the leaker denied this saying it's a standalone full remake. It'll even include Undead Nightmare and is being worked on by Rockstar India. Price has yet to be determined, but the leaker says he wouldn't be surprised if it were just 40 bucks. Finally, he also mentions it's in the late stages of development, so if true, all of this lines up with where a remake like this would be.

The leaker also states that Grand Theft Auto 6 won't get announced until Summer 2022, which loosely lines up with various reveals and speculations about the game thus far. And if this leaker is telling the truth, then this remake would be a good way to tide over fans.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be on board with a version that looks as good as the sequel but still plays like the original.
Don't see it happening though.

Edit: As in I think they'd end up fiddling with it and making it more similar to RDR2. Which I hate.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I would believe an RDR Remake is happening, but using 4chan as source lmao

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it would make the most logical sense considering RDRII already has pretty much the whole map, but there's a lot of things that would make sense yet don't happen.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I really doubt it. Didn't they just release an updated graphics pack or something on Xbox?

Remake Bully instead. Or make Bully 2.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
"originated from website 4chan"
"but website Game Rant reported on it"

OK so now you know not to visit Game Rant. They report on anything for clicks.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering how great a job the BC on XB1X to upres to 4K, this feels a bit cynical.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Let's stop using gamerant as a valid discussion source please.

www.resetera.com

Game Rant: Final Fantasy XVI Announcement Coming This Summer, Says Rumor

I don't go there to get my video game news, I only see what gets mainstream on forums like these and notice a ton of 4chan leaks turn out to be right, at least more than any other place. Specially the ones that go into detail instead of looking like a random fanfic forum post. Dunno, FF16...

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it, just because the entire map of RDR1 is already present. And I would also fucking love it + Undead Nightmare.

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any reason to believe that Game Rant has any sources suggesting this 4chan post is correct.

Is Game Rant connected at all.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Not sure how necessary that would be. The enhanced version of the 360 game looks amazing. A full remaster doesn't seem needed.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
remake not remaster?...it doesn't need to be remade, just update the graphics

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
They could have said Remaster to make it at least more believable, which is more believable. I don't think it really needs a complete remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.