• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, something like this...

che-aspetto-avra-ps5-fan-playstation-provano-immaginarla-tanti-render-v7-407792-1280x720.jpg
Damn thats a chonk

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't care how T H I C C it is. As long as it runs relatively quiet.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
In a time where we can appreciate anything, bring it on in all it's thicc glory.

I still have my thicc & shiny PS3. Sexy curves are sexy curves....

Change my mind clipboard.img

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances this is referring to the dev unit we've all seen and they think that's privileged info?

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't believe this rumor. You're telling me that the rumor of Sony using this unique cooling solution means the console will be the size of a minivan?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont get the hate behind the series x design, it looks great and it should fit into most entertainment centers on its side if you dont want to find a place to stand it up. Its no different than having the option to stand your ps4 or xbox one x, except this time you dont need an additional piece of plastic

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I dont get the hate behind the series x design, it looks great and it should fit into most entertainment centers on its side if you dont want to find a place to stand it up. Its no different than having the option to stand your ps4 or xbox one x, except this time you dont need an additional piece of plastic
It looks so good standing up, it would really be a shame to put it horizontal lol.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly don't care about shape and size as long as it's quiet and reliable. Sony has a lot to prove regarding noise.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
What's with the phat shaming in this thread. Did people forget OG PS2 and Big Boi PS3?? I'm sure twice as fat is an exaggeration but still it'll be beefy like all OG consoles and then get slimmer. Curious to know the final design.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Big and ugly I can believe. Pretty much every PS home console the past decade and a half has been hideous. Feels like all their engineering and industrial design talent went to handhelds after PS2.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
There's no way that they're releasing a console that's 2x the size of the PS4 Pro lol. Next gen also relates to aesthetics usually as well, and there's nothing aesthetically pleasing about a console double the size of the pro.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
- design-wise PS5 doesn't look like Xbox Series X at all nor does it look like a smart speaker. It's a traditional console: it's a flat, square, symmetrical box with rounded edges
- at the same time PS5 is "very fat", almost twice as fat as PS4 Pro

No photos of course.
Uh... Not a fan. I was hoping they would go with the XSX design paradigm with a built-in vertical orientation. Dang it Sony... I want a vertical console out of the box!

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
god I hope this is true
makes me way more optimistic about it not having heat issues/ sounding like a fucking jet engine

Status
Not open for further replies.