• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
It's fine. I'm sure a proper new console 3D platformer is coming, anyway. This could be a decent time-waster.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Was really hoping they'd stick with the remake design rather than throwing crash into redesign hell again.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
tumblr_mbuar5chK01ridkofo3_250.gifv

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Not to be an ass or anything, but I really recommend people who are monkey pawing and stuff wait a fiscal quarter or two and check back in.

I reiterate, from Activision's earnings call earlier today: They announced that King was pursuing mobile adaptations of their "biggest franchises" to supplement their 'premium' (read: console) releases in those franchises. Then this happened less than 4 hours later. Connect the dots.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A Crash endless runner actually makes sense given the narrow, linear levels of the classic games. Not exactly my cup of tea, but I might download and check it out for a few minutes.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I reiterate, from Activision's earnings call earlier today: They announced that King was pursuing mobile adaptations of their "biggest franchises" to supplement their 'premium' (read: console) releases in those franchises. Then this happened less than 4 hours later. Connect the dots.
i can't believe crash on consoles is FUCKING dead

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
when's the spyro endless runner where he's constantly charging & you need to combo running into enemies to collect gems

....I'm semi-serious, I'd kinda be okay with that if they mixed in some flying parts.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense. If they were going to capitalize on the IP's resurgence, mobile spin offs are predictable part of that.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
This is how gaming dies, later than expected though.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
It's a mobile game with a slight different artstyle, I think some people are overeacting that this is a "redesign"

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
This is new? I've seen ads for it in Candy Crush for months.
Yeah, as mentioned in the OP, we've been following it ever since it came up via a subreddit post around early December. There was like 5 variants running in 20 ads, all leading to a survey link (Google Forms) asking if you're interested in the ad

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
moar liek an endless BUMMER am i rite folks?

Considering how well Trilogy & CTR did, I wouldn't be shocked if it was meant to promote an upcoming new console game. As long as the microtransactions aren't bad, then it's fine. The level design of the games kinda fit the format, especially if they include levels based on riding a boar/polar bear/tiger.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i... don't hate it. it's been a few years since i've played any temple run/subway surfers, and crash is kinda perfect for a clone of those games. that name tho, it's not gonna do the game any favors. they need to call it crash bandicoot run or something.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2020 the year of Crash? Hopefully that Crash Worlds console game is real as well.

(And hopefully 2021 will be a good year for Sonic games. Loving this 3D mascot revival.)

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
I don't mind the wacky pose of Crash! It looks quite good!

But that key image... Oof. That's a grimace of a man holding in a fart whilst having an ice-cream headache.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
So yo, if they're using the Crash IP now to branch out and start exploring new platforms and genres then where's that visual novel/dating simulator featuring Tawna and the trophy girls from CTR? Talk about leaving money on the table.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Im sure ill enjoy it for a solid halfhour before the repetitive content/progress gating settles in

Dont really get the complaints about the redesign. "Crash but slightly more angular" is really minor, like they took his design 2 degrees to the left

Why do they keep changing his design?

Skylanders

skylanders-imaginators-crash-screenshot-1.jpg

N. Sane Trilogy

10555089_16.jpg
Skylanders tends to be played with a camera above the character, so the designs in that series emphasize larger heads because theyre more readable at that angle.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
A Crash endless runner makes all the sense in the world and I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier.

And I'm glad they did it after the "new" console games and not the other way around

Totally. I was actually scratching my head thinking if there wasn't one game like this out already.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Crash Bandicoot:
Neat.

Mobile:
Alright.

King:
tenor.gif

Some of the most boring devs I've had the displeasure to associate with. "Creatively Bankrupt" is their top descriptor, closely tied to "Aggressive Marketing Is The Only Reason We Exist".