• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
shinesparkers.net

Concept Artwork surfaces for rumoured Sheik and Boo titles by Retro Studios

Shinesparkers have received links to concept artwork which claim to be from two cancelled titles based on the characters Boo and Sheik from the Super Mario and The Legend of Zelda universes respect…

The artwork claims to be pre-production art from a "Cancelled Zelda project" from 2005 to 2008 and a "Cancelled Boo project" from 2006 to 2007.

MUCH MORE PHOTOS IN THE LINK.
sammy-hall-petrifiedmanaroots.jpg

sammy-hall-darkgerudospell.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
let it sink in that nintendo was going to give a fucking boo a spin-off game before waluigi

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Most people will be more interested in that seemingly dark/gritty Sheik project, and that's totally understandable, but damn for me that Boo project is the best one.
Looked super fun, set in a a Boo academy, with evil witches, and a possession mechanic 10 years before Mario Odyssey, too bad it never happened.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I know the OP says the games were in development between 2005 and 2008, the article states that the Shiek game never made it beyond pre-production so likely the art and some scenario script are likely all there is. Don't want people to have the impression that these were actively worked as full productions.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
That Zelda concept art be like
6b4.jpg

Too bad the Boo academy game didn't make it into reality. It would have been so cute

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Why didn't they just repurpose these ideas for a new IP? Ravenblade looked terrible originally but if it looked like this? What a glowup that would have been.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
There's that Sheik game. That art is great, though given it never went past preprod I wonder what it would have ended up being.

Something for an alternate timeline 🤔

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Dang, a Boo game is something I didn't know I wanted.

Gotta say that art gives me "Federation Force" vibes of missing the series charm entirely though. Looks like it's trying to evoke Yoshi's Island a bit, but I dunno.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Here for people to go "This looks better than the finished product!" like in all the concept art threads

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I know the OP says the games were in development between 2005 and 2008, the article states that the Shiek game never made it beyond pre-production so likely the art and some scenario script are likely all there is. Don't want people to have the impression that these were actively worked as full productions.

Added more info.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Hey while you're at it, why don't you post concept art for the two games Retro supposedly worked on for years and cancelled between 2014 and 2019

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA