• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Interesting rumor, but they have a looooooong-ass way to go, to overcome the stigma of the last game, and to even dream of rivaling Smash's absolute unit of a roster. Will watch this, if true.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Only memory of PSBR that stuck with me was one tournament near launch that was streamed where everyone realized Kratos was top tier mid-bracket and every match was him dominating and everyone else was forced to either play Kratos as well or struggle to even stay alive.

Dante3986

Jan 27, 2018
mus5q66e0zv11.jpg

Hope So!

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Confirmed before even leaked:

Cole
Evil Cole
Future Cole
Baby Cole
Delsin
Evil Delsin
Chick from Second Son
Baby Delsin

You know Sony loves their Coles/infamous franchise so much they would rather have reskinned characters slots instead of giving us characters we all love and want to be represented aka gonna just include characters as ads for whatever games are out during the same time period aka Donte 2.0.

They tried and burned any bridges there were around. This ip can suck it.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Fake,but if true,It would be better Sony funded a 2D sprite combat game from Arc System Works.But maybe they nailed this time,but please,take out that name.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The fact that they'd hire Capcom to make a sequel to a mediocre Smash clone instead of a traditional fighter just reeks of fan theory wank

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Meh. I've never been so bored with a fighter as I was with the first PS All Stars. Unless they make drastic changes to the formula, I have no interest.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The idea that Sony would hire Capcom to develop a fighting game starring Sony's own characters and then release it on PC is so laughable it doesn't even warrant a second thought.

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not too keen on Sony's first party but if they really are going to do it again, do it right. Its crazy that Smash gives more respect to Sony's 3rd party lineage (Snake, Cloud, Ryu, and Joker being the big ones) than their own first party platform fighter did.

Also, they should just make a really good 3D arena fighter, it makes more sense for Sony's 3D gaming lineage.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
New trailer begins, we are back on the Old Bridge with the Bloodborne hunter on their knees, lightly bleeding. The Cleric Beast looms above the hunter screeching to the moon, ready to deliver a killing blow. Tap Tap Tap Tap, the sound of running footsteps and as if to meet the screech of the Cleric Beast followed by the EEP! of an Ape Escape monkey. A monkey flies in from off screen, spring boarding off the hunters head and onto the Cleric Beasts face. The confused hunter turns after being hit in the head by the monkey only to have a second net wielding red haired boy using the hunters bouncy face as a stepping stone, pinging off the hunter again and swiping toward the monkey now latched to the Cleric Beasts horns. The Cleric Beast swipes Spike away before he can land the snag.

Camera pulls back into a 3D-isometric Power Stone-like fashion. A giant health bar appears at the bottom of the screen titled "Cleric Beast and Monkeys!". Similar health bars labelled Spike and Hunter sit in the corners of the screen and the brawl begins. The Cleric Beast takes swipes at both characters as Ape Escape monkeys swarm from under the bridge and onto the stage grab onto our characters, Spike knocks them off the bridge with his stun club while the Hunter takes bites of health away from "Cleric Beast and Monkeys" health bar.

The camera cuts to a familiar skeleton who is clearly in a deep discussion of grunts and yells with the nearby zombie-like denizens of Yhargnam. Annoyed by the noise from the battler, Dan begrudgingly grabs his sword and clomps into battle.

As the battle rages our three heroes are clearly taking too much damage and all hope is lost as more monkeys have now taken over the bridge and the Cleric Beast isn't going down. Shoop Shoop Shoop, three fire arrows zip in from off screen into the Cleric Beast as Aloy dashes into screen, beneath her health bar is an additional bar, now clearly going blue with flames. A button has clearly been pressed as the screen darkens and the camera zooms down to Aloy, who now gives a shrill whistle, and from behind her stomps a Thunderjaw, glowing blue with overidden code. It lets out mechanical yell and charges forward towards the Cleric Beast.

Cut to title "Playstation All Stars 2"

Back on the bridge the Thunderjaw is wandering about sniffing at the clearly dead Cleric Beast with knocked out monkeys strewn about, which Spike quietly snags one by one in his net. As the rest of our heroes collect themselves. A clearly late and clearly lost orange bandicoot wanders into frame looks at the group, looks at the camera *OOGAHDAHBAH* sound effect cuts to black to end the trailer.

Last edited:

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
I wish people talked about the game more because it's such a crazy trip to talk about the game's meta, why the roster sucked so much, the amount of insane glitches the game had and how the whole thing somehow managed to be a million seller despite dying on it's ass so hard.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
How could they even compete in terms of roster? If true they'd need to add characters like Crash, Spyro, Real Dante and Sora to make any kind of waves beyond the same group of people that bought the last game.

That said if the actual production values were even half decent this time, it would probably still do better than the last game.

Smash has a pretty bloated roster. Sony has done a good job building up mascot characters over the last gen.

You'd have
Drake, Elena, Chloe (Uncharted)
Joel, Ellie (TLOU)
Kratos (GOW)
Aloy (HZD)
Cole/Deslin (Infamous)
Biker guy (Days Gone)
Daryl Dixon (Death Standing)
Ratchet + Clank
Astrobot
Knack,
Kat (Gravity Rush)

Throw in a few 3rd party characters mostly associated with PlayStation

Joker
Kyriu
Lara Croft
Spyro
Crash

That's 20 Notable characters that are reasonably well known

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
Didn't this just start from 4chan? Doesn't a rumor thread have to have some backup of information to remain active, or am I just missing all this evidence?

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm 100% down. The first one could've been better, but I think they can nail it. Also, please, for the love of all that is holy, bring in Dart Feld this time.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter V had crossplay between PS4 and PC. They just don't like crossplay with Xbox.

This is just piggybacking off the negativity around Sony's crossplay policy but the rumor guy couldn't even get that right.

Mods should really lock.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
There are several dozen things, at least, I'd like Capcom/Sony to burn time & resources on over this, but not everything needs to be for me.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom needs to make their own Versus fighter before a Sony focused one

Now Sony vs Capcom?

...Actually never mind I'll stick with Capcom vs Capcom

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
PLEASE BE TRUE. GIVE ME THE BLOODBORNE HUNTER!!

The Slayer of Demon's from Demon's Souls would be awesome too!

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
I mean that's definitely who you want working on it, but this seems like a far cry from what Sony is putting money into these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.