• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
After the shitshow around the Catherine update, I can't get excited for this. As much as I like so many things about P5, and as much as P4 will likely remain important to me for personal reasons, I'm out. Atlus will have to make big changes to get me back on board.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's a concern about the content of the game itself, a mere two weeks after it has been made apparent how ATLUS chooses to edit and tackle problematic elements within their games for rereleases (as in, make things distinctly worse)

Wasn't the localization team just talking about how they plan/want to do what they can to change that in the western release?

I'd never defend it if it turns out to be willfully targeting a group like Hashino has done in the past with gay men and such, but if it's a misunderstanding or mistranslation then that's a different thing - though I'm doing my best not to assume anything, good or bad.

All I know is, while I don't like Hashino for his story choices and the ways he tackles LGBT topics, at the same time, that doesn't mean every single discussion has to become that discussion.

This is this, that is that, they can both be talked about.

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
I hope this is wrong and they're actually bringing Persona 4 to the switch so I don't have to play it on the PS2

Apr 27, 2018
I'm going to have to double dip on Persona 5 then. Never finished it on my PS3.

Wonder what new content Atlus is going to add?

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
It's not on topic because this thread is not about queer representation in Persona 5, it's about a rumour regarding the game releasing on Switch. There are other threads to discuss this topic. And btw, Atlus aren't reading this thread.

Atlus. are. not. reading. this. thread.

However, normal ResetEra members who have done nothing wrong are reading this thread. But your posts about this topic are clogging up the thread and getting in the way of the intended discussion here. The only people being inconvenienced are Era members, therefore I can only assume that you're trying to punish people for liking this game, which is really unfair.
It's about a rerelease that could remove this stuff or ,based on recent experience, add more of it.

It's not an inconvenience either, most people didn't comment on it and presumably just read it and moved on. It's only the handful of you who are upset for some reason by somebody calling out the gross shit in their games that have lead to this even becoming a discussion.

Also how on earth is it punishing you for liking the game. You're allowed to like something and also dislike and discuss it's problematic elements, nobody is saying you should be punished for liking the game. And if somebody reading this thread gets upset at seeing Persona 5's problematic elements get called out then they need to get some perspective, how about giving more of a shit about problematic elements in games that normalise transphobia/homophobia, things that actually have an impact on people, and give less of a shit that somebody said a bad thing about a product you like.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I had a look into it and the twitter user in question made some claims recently which did not come true.

It's not unlikely that Persona 5 will come to Switch in some form, given Joker in Smash. But I'm locking this specific thread for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.