• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Gonna have to refute these:

They wouldn't call a project or game "Persona 5 Switch."
Then I shall add more fuel to the fire:

Persona5S.jp / P5S.jp: Persona 5 Switch.
Persona5M.jp / P5M.jp: Persona 5 Mobile.
Persona5B.jp / P5B.jp: Persona 5 Book.
xfkmR7Q.gif

Come at me, FluxWaveZ !

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm still placing my bets on an Xbox port, with the current news as always referring to just Japan's release intentions. We've see it a few times, with Valkyria Chronicles 4 being one such example.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still placing my bets on an Xbox port, with the current news as always referring to just Japan's release intentions. We've see it a few times, with Valkyria Chronicles 4 being one such example.
If the source here is the same as an earlier source I was made privy to, the news comes from Atlus USA, not Atlus Japan.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
I think it ultimately boils down to who this person even is.

Never heard of them until today.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. So tell me exactly what Persona 5R is.
New Persona 5 projects. I just figured it coming to PS4 is a given since it was announced as a PlayStation project. I didn't realize it would be this big a deal, but thanks for changing the title since it appears to have been a sticking point for whatever reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

they did? i know they scheduled an announcement for an announcement at the end of march but that could be anything from a persona 5 teacup set to a concerts or edited movie versions
Yeah, that's fair.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited. I bought and skipped P5 because I was just so busy at the time (I remember another JRPG coming out around then...? Forget which). It'll be great to get to play it on Switch. Hope it holds up graphically.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
March is tommorrow by the way, hopefully they at least announce what P5R actually is in the next few days.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
New Persona 5 projects. I just figured it coming to PS4 is a given since it was announced as a PlayStation project. I didn't realize it would be this big a deal, but thanks for changing the title since it appears to have been a sticking point for whatever reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I changed the title because you're making a lot of presumptions and also misinterpreting what both the tweet in the OP said and also what Atlus have announced and said themselves.

Please take this into consideration with the next thread you make.

Thanks.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
March is tommorrow by the way, hopefully they at least announce what P5R actually is in the next few days.
Nope. There's a P5 broadcast for the end of March, Sega FES for the end of March, and a Persona concert for the end of April. Those are the three dates you will get any official announcements.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Sega pushes it to PC. I'd definitely replay it there if minimal new features. I'll replay on PS4 if they add a ton.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
This is getting pathetic now

Tweets made a complete nobody, made with literally 0 substance.

"LeTs MakE a ThReAd"

The P5R domain was known about for fucking YEARS, and the updates before the non-announcement was known via a website update that LITERALLY ANYONE COULD ACCESS

Not "insider info", not a "leak", nothing.

Get a fucking grip

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I changed the title because you're making a lot of presumptions and also misinterpreting what both the tweet in the OP said and also what Atlus have announced and said themselves.

Please take this into consideration with the next thread you make.

Thanks.
Will do, sorry for the inconvenience.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what other queerphobic and sexist shit are they looking to add for this rerelease?

These criticisms are valid but they've been discussed in depth elsewhere on this forum. Aggressively bringing it up as the first post on a thread about a new release of the game just acts as a way to shame other people who like the game despite the problematic aspects. It's also not really on topic at all. Why not make a new thread about it or take it to one of the other threads where it was previously discussed?

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
Switch version is a pre-order for me. Will replay it only to correct my mistake of choosing Ann over Makoto on my first playthrough.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Rumor: Persona 5 coming to PS4/Switch as P5S in fall 2019, will be announced before May.

I misread P5S as PS5.

I hope I'm not the only one.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I really hope it has nice story additions or changes, I don't want Morgana to tell me to go to sleep all the time. I don't know if I would play the same game again on the Switch. Maybe it would make me like the game more, because I kinda struggled on PS4 cause it wasnt a handheld.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will it be as bad as the vanilla game?
I legitimately don't understand the point of messages like this. if you dislike the game, what exactly prompted you to go into a thread for its re-release? Just to rain on the parade?

But the tweet literally says "P5S for Switch/PS4".
Honestly I don't know, Atlus' naming can be a shitshow. Maybe P5R is just the umbrella of projects which includes P5S (the re-release).

Deleted member 21

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Mr. Ohya, who previously talked about Persona 5 R before its original announcement

Before its original announcement or before the domains have been discovered? Just trying to understand who this person exactly is and what their trackrecord is so far

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prediction:
- March will announce P5 new edition for PS4
- April will announce P5 new edition for NSW

the two versions are slightly different in how they're enhanced over the original

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
The game is so huge already I wonder what new content there is going to be.

One the one hand, people are going to expect new shit. On the other hand, the game already has serious pacing issues.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
2nd half of the year will be crazy busy on Switch for me.

Looking forward to the reveal though.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
These criticisms are valid but they've been discussed in depth elsewhere on this forum. Aggressively bringing it up as the first post on a thread about a new release of the game just acts as a way to shame other people who like the game despite the problematic aspects. It's also not really on topic at all. Why not make a new thread about it or take it to one of the other threads where it was previously discussed?

100% - cringed reading that.

Not every thread about the game has to be about its faults.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
It is on topic and it's an especially valid comment to make after the recent Catherine remake. People won't stop bringing them it up until Atlus actually does something about it so get used to it.
2nd half of the year will be crazy busy on Switch for me.

Looking forward to the reveal though.
Unless you can speak Japanese you don't have to worry about playing it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.