• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I mean they could just stick with Xbox. But since this is Acti, they likely have the pull to get it. As there were articles last year about looking into it for PS4 & Xbox and that was likely Being done for switch more than anything if I were to assume
Yeah they flipping better bring cross-progression to PS4. By that I mean Sony better allow it. I'm gonna be so mad if I can't do so just because I have everything on PS4.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
30fps right? It's still tempting, even a game I don't like(Fortnite) I played a lot of hours in handheld mode. If the price is right this could be pretty successful.
No way it's 30fps. There's no reason why this game can't run dynamic 720p at 60fps. The base consoles run 1080p natively with little to no drops.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
30fps right? It's still tempting, even a game I don't like(Fortnite) I played a lot of hours in handheld mode. If the price is right this could be pretty successful.

The game can do 60fps 720p on integrated graphics from a few years ago. It will be 60fps on Switch. If anything it will be low-medium graphic settings which is completely fine for the style Overwatch went for

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Overwatch having crossplay and cross-saves, like many other games, is all in the hands of Sony. There have been no leaks or hints that it's coming to Overwatch.

I don't think that Activision Blizzard really cares if the game has crossplay, cross progression, or anything else. They only care that loot boxes are being sold to whales. We know for sure they are 100% opposed to console vs PC, but that's about as much as we know outside of Blizzard being pretty vague about crossplay.

The company has the pull to make this happen, and the fact that it hasn't yet speaks to their concern for crossplay (as well as Sony's).

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
How does Nintendo's famously restrictive stance on online communication deal with the toxicity of overwatch? Hmm.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Not gonna lie, the only thing that could really push me to double dip is if they implement Nintendo exclusive skins.

Give me that Samus Aran Phara

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
For those who are skeptical of 60 fps:

Diablo 3 and Paladins run at 60 fps on the Switch (even handheld, for the most part).

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably triple dip. Just recently got a PC capable of running the game, and I've got hundreds of hours on PS4. Just wish there was cross-progression.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Multiplayer FPS games are pretty thin on the ground on Switch.

Apart from the (actually really good) Doom MP.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo really, really should have made the triggers on the switch analog - one of their biggest fuck ups imo

Status
Not open for further replies.