• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hate this kind of "rumors":

- Burning bridges
- Vague statements
- Leaves you with the exact same knowledge that you had before reading

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me sideways.

Okami is my top 5 favourite game.

This is another fucking gut punch.

Man, 2020 will have some amazing games. But so far, its sucked shit.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I've never played either of the Okami games, but I was under the impression that Okamiden was essentially a straight up Okami 2?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never played either of the Okami games, but I was under the impression that Okamiden was essentially a straight up Okami 2?
No it wasn't. Even Kamiya speaks about Okami 2 as a hypothetical new game.

What is it with this game that brings out these "it's already a trilogy" and "we already have Okami 2 though" takes.

Oct 27, 2017
Kamiya strikes me as a difficult man to work with so I have little doubt this is true.

Shame, but perhaps it's for the best. I sincerely doubt it would have lived up to the exceptional original.

Oct 27, 2017
I just beat Okami HD for the first time recently and reading this news makes me sad. I'd love to see a sequel to this beautiful game.

This game was held back by the annoying sound clip that plays the whole time people are talking.

You can turn that off. I found the fake voice mumbling during dialogue incredibly annoying so I went into the options and turned it off. Unfortunately theres no option to skip a lot of the slow ass cut scene dialog.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I hate when this type of info comes out. It just makes me sad.

FFT, Bully, and Okami are all time favorites of mine.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'll rephrase. I don't think this is the kind of game Platinum circa 2020 would excel at. Okami came out 15 years ago. Same company or not, there isn't much of a game like Okami's DNA in what they're making these days
To be fair, okami wasn't much like the other games they were making back then in the first place.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
47c.jpg

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
For the record, I wouldn't have shared this but I was answering questions yesterday and someone directly was asking about Okami, and I happened to know something about Okami (and something that didn't really need to be a secret and doesn't really spoil anything), though it's something not good. It might've been known before this. and who knows what future stuff brings or the like cause situations can change over the years. This said, for anyone with any doubt this piece of info is 100% legitimate. The Silent Hill rumors for example I couldn't place at 100% legitimacy as though I have reason to believe it, I cannot personally verify or prove it (I have evidence, I have it backed by more than one person I believe to be legitimate, but I can't directly confirm it for now). This one I personally verified some time ago, and confirmed it with even more than one person who works/worked at Platinum directly.

I was kind of hoping it wouldn't spread even if it's not inaccurate as crushing hearts isn't my forte, but I should've figured it would've been. It also seems I wasn't the only one who knew about this, but I actually hadn't heard about it in the wild either (but I hadn't really dug into it either).

There's a more complicated history and falling out story, I do know the story here but I feel it gets a bit too personal. Which is why I'm beating around the bush about it, just the core thing is there'd have to be some mending here if anything was going to happen involving Platinum at least.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I'll rephrase. I don't think this is the kind of game Platinum circa 2020 would excel at. Okami came out 15 years ago. Same company or not, there isn't much of a game like Okami's DNA in what they're making these days
I think they are trying to move away from the Bayonetta-like formula and Astral Chain shows that.
Nier Automata is there most succesful game.
Even if the whole side quest stuff in Astral Chain kinda stands at odds with whole Plaintum replayability thing, cause many of them are rather slow.

mrgoomba

Dec 10, 2017
There is Okamiden.. and I remember it continues the story from Okami and was very good.. for nintendo DS standards.

But a new Okami would be great

mrgoomba

Dec 10, 2017
Kamiya isn't calling Okamiden Okami2, so why are you?
I'm not, they can call whatever they want to.. spiritual successor, spinoff, sequel.. i don't care, but Okamiden exists and people usually forget it and I think they shouldn't because it's good, not as near the original but also good.

I'm still hoping for another Okami game though