• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will it be?

• Scalebound

Votes: 1,384 44.0%
  • Mega Man Legends 3

Votes: 733 23.3%
  • Timesplitters 4

Votes: 253 8.1%
  • Eternal Darkness 2

Votes: 476 15.1%
  • Silent Hills

Votes: 296 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
Is there any C&D fangame that was cancelled actually worth reviving?
Another issue would to actually get the team of that cancelled Fangame back together, depending on how far back they would go, that team might be impossible to gather back.

But if I could imagine a fangame being brought under official wings would be the Mother 4 fangame, but that game isn't C&D.
It doesn't need to be the original team. It could be just exactly the same thing.

I can't say if there was any fangame worth reviving, but I was reading through the list of cancelled games and this one seemed quite fitting to me. And Square Enix is on pretty good terms with Nintendo and the Switch lately.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Since I saw this tidbit yesterday, I've been hoping it was the ill-fated Star Wars: Rogue Leaders. The Switch could use a Star Wars game, the work is mostly done and would just need to be ported/upgraded to HD, and EA would just need to sign off on it without any major involvement/spending being required. It feels like something Nintendo themselves would realistically revive as an exclusive, too.

Here's a trailer IGN posted for it years ago:

And here's Factor 5's Julian Eggebrecht taking about how he'd love to bring it to Switch:

...All that being said: Scalebound, CryOn or Mega Man Legends 3 would also be amazing to see.

In this case EA wouldn't be the biggest issue. I don't see Disney signing off on OG Star Wars being revisited "like this". They want to sell their new universe. Any call backs to the OG requires their own expanded spin on it.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People might be paying too much importance to it being in a genre that Nintendo isn't "familiar" with. Imran isn't really saying that.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
They don't need money but they clearly have bigger plans than simply selling more console boxes than the competition. If this were to happen i'm pretty sure they'd be able to get some concessions from Nintendo if it somehow went through.

You'd really think Nintendo would be willing to pay high price for a cancelled IP like Scalebound? When they could just make notScalebound?

That Nintendo. The one who's super-averse at buying studios and prefers contract work?

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
No. Imran said the game didn't show up in the Direct and it may not show up for a while

Oh, very cool then! I was disappointed it might have been Rune Factory 5 (a series I don't know much about, but my cousin tells me the point of the 4th game is obtaining a spouse, or something). This will still probably end up being a game I don't personally care about, but the torch of hope still burns! Thanks!

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Scalebound doesn't make much sense. How would that even run on the Switch?

MegaMan Legends seems the most likely of the bunch.

We will see I guess.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say that Mega Man Legends 3 seems like the most likely candidate here. My heart of hearts still wants to see Okami 2 (proper sequel), but we didn't know that was even considered until fairly recently.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
It's Urban Champion's time to shine.

Edit: Oh, non-Nintendo IP? Uhh, Popeye.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have to say that Mega Man Legends 3 seems like the most likely candidate here. My heart of hearts still wants to see Okami 2 (proper sequel), but we didn't know that was even considered until fairly recently.
Megaman Legends 3 should be the clear favorite considering it's the easiest for Nintendo to get done with Capcom. A lot of these other games Nintendo has to jump through so many more hoops.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Scalebound seems to make the most sense, but to throw something else out there: Killer Freaks from Outer Space.

It started off as an FPS where you killed Rabbids before morphing into "Killer Freaks" (and later, ZombiU), and I wouldn't be surprised if it's been re-fit into the Mario & Rabbids universe as a lighthearted FPS.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Agent makes a lot of sense:
  • Was a PS3 game, so porting to switch won't be a problem
  • Take two already confirmed that they would keep releasing the right games for switch
  • We didn't heard a peep from it, but keeps showing in some financial documents from the dev, so...
Other more unlikely possibilities (I hope) are indie games , like Fez 2, or Ubisoft games, considering that already leaked, like 1666.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Just gonna quote myself from the other thread...

Based on what Imran has said I can see why people are compelled to throw out crazy predictions and I am also tempted to think it's something that falls outside of Nintendo's area of expertise. Shooters in particular are something I've repeatedly said they're lacking in and there isn't a shortage of cancelled ones. However, knowing Nintendo and how reluctant they are towards certain industry trends, I doubt that this is going to be some kind of AAA game.

I think it's more likely that it's an interesting project that can be finished in a reasonable timeframe and people with ties to Nintendo wanted to go back to but couldn't for whatever reason. Considering those circumstances and barring further evidence I still believe the most likely game to be revived is Sakaguchi's Cry On that was meant to come out for the 360. There are multiple reasons for why I believe it's this game in particular:

Back in 2005, he said that the game's development could be finished in 1.5-2 years. This obviously didn't pan out because of financial difficulties but wouldn't be an issue under Nintendo. To add to that, Nintendo seems to have a good relationship to the companies involved. Cavia and AQ Interactive are now merged into Marvelous and Nintendo has already worked on two projects with Mistwalker, namely Archaic Sealed Heat and The Last Story. Last year Sakaguchi also teased that he's working on something new and I know that his wording implies something completely new but I wouldn't necessarily rule out him going back to Cry On. The final reason is that if you read the game's description in the first article I linked to, it sound like something very unique that could be potentially tweaked to include a 2-player co-op mode on Switch.

All this said, I am totally ready to be completely wrong. In the meantime I will rewatch the trailer the Gooch leaked in 2014:

The only sensible guess in this entire thread, imo

Oct 25, 2017
Never forget!

true1.jpg

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
"I know what game it is. I can't say but I know. When it's announced I'll laugh" These people are so annoying lmao if you're not gonna tell us then stfu we're not gonna believe you.

LOL. You are the first reply out of hundreds to bring skepticism of the original source. People are throwing shade at the 2nd guy trying to piggy back off him but everyone is willing to entertain Imran Khan having good intel.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
250px-TimeSplittersLogoSeries.svg.png

TS4 was cancelled long ago, and THQ Nordic just got the rights last year.

Believe.

This makes sense in a way. Switch doesn't have many shooters so it would make sense for Nintendo to support this.

Since I saw this tidbit yesterday, I've been hoping it was the ill-fated Star Wars: Rogue Leaders. The Switch could use a Star Wars game, the work is mostly done and would just need to be ported/upgraded to HD, and EA would just need to sign off on it without any major involvement/spending being required. It feels like something Nintendo themselves would realistically revive as an exclusive, too.

Here's a trailer IGN posted for it years ago:

Damn, I haven't seen this video until now, game looks amazing, so sad it never got released :/

That said... I think it's more likely to be something from a japanese dev. Scalebound is possible but it would probably be renamed and reworked into something different to fit the hardware better.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Agent makes a lot of sense:
  • Was a PS3 game, so porting to switch won't be a problem
  • Take two already confirmed that they would keep releasing the right games for switch
  • We didn't heard a peep from it, but keeps showing in some financial documents from the dev, so...
Other more unlikely possibilities (I hope) are indie games , like Fez 2, or Ubisoft games, considering that already leaked, like 1666.
Not gonna happen. Agent was never "publicly cancelled" and, in fact, it still appears on Rockstar's website.

Deleted member 21

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Aside from Mega Man Legends 3 fitting the description inside the OP - what interest would both Capcom and Nintendo have to bring that specific title back?

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Why did my brain think of the atari ET game or the failed THQ draw game whatever that was called.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.