• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donato Andrea

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 2, 2020
Does anybody on here know something real about a new Prince of Persia game?

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not to burst people's bubble but it's already been Confirmed fake by ZhugeEX (Daniel Ahmad) on Twitter.

Oct 27, 2017
Just like DMC5 then.

Not really the same thing. DMC is a Capcom-owned brand and considering they don't have a lot of current major IPs it makes sense they'd try to bring a big franchise from a couple of gens ago back. Plus Capcom had a very specific effort to try and westernise their IPs which failed, and they're now rolling the whole effort back and taking everything in-house. Ubisoft don't even own Prince of Persia and they have their own IP which is quite similar (so similar it began life as a spin-off) so it doesn't really make sense they would go back when they have plenty of strong in-house brands they could put the resources into instead.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
from reddit:

Apparently someone who claims to work at Ubisoft noticed my latest post. He sent me some interesting insights about the next Prince of Persia game before deleting his account. As always, take this with a big grain of salt.
The game is called Prince of Persia: Dark Babylon. It's set after The Two Thrones in an alternate, almost dystopic version of Babylon which can be explored to a certain extent. The gameplay will be very similar to the trilogy, yet will somewhat feel different. You play as an older Prince. The main antagonist is an evil version of the Prince that comes from a different timeline. You'll be able to customize the Prince's armor and abilities like in the in the new God of War, from which seems to take a lot of inspiration. It is scheduled to be announced at the PlayStation Meeting in February and will be a cross-gen title. Release date is early 2021.
No word on a new Splinter Cell.

I like what I am reading. Leveling system like God of War sounds amazing. There has not been a Prince game for a while now.

And Feb PS Meeting eh. Very interesting. I hope it is real, because I would like this very much.

The only part that worries me is Cross Gen. Meaning it will not use true power of next gen sytem then. I guess would still be better to buy it on PS5 Xbox Series X than PS4... but ... yeah it won't be good to see out dated graphics on next gen. I always hate the first year of new consoles. Lots of Cross Gen games makes the launch titles on the new console very dated very fast.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really the same thing. DMC is a Capcom-owned brand and considering they don't have a lot of current major IPs it makes sense they'd try to bring a big franchise from a couple of gens ago back. Plus Capcom had a very specific effort to try and westernise their IPs which failed, and they're now rolling the whole effort back and taking everything in-house. Ubisoft don't even own Prince of Persia and they have their own IP which is quite similar (so similar it began life as a spin-off) so it doesn't really make sense they would go back when they have plenty of strong in-house brands they could put the resources into instead.

?????? it is a Ubisoft owned IP Btw

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

It's not.

Anyway, close the thread please. This person is just trolling.

QjgBIpU.png

Oct 27, 2017

The IP belongs to its creator, Jordan Mechner.

EDIT - "© 2003-2005 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Based on Prince of Persia® created by Jordan Mechner. Prince of Persia is a trademark of Waterwheel Licensing LLC"

From the small print on PoP Trilogy PS3 on the PSN store:

I assume this company is owned by/was set up by Jordan Mechner to manage his IPs, as it owns the trademark on all his earlier titles and the Ubi PoP games (but I don't know how to check this).

EDIT - yes, that appears to be the case as he is listed as the director: https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ca/201005010361

Last edited:

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Ubi has no interest in making new Prince of persia. They haven't bothered to even remaster and milk some money from older games.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Didn't Ubisoft just undergone a massive retooling of their games because the Tom Clancy IP is not exactly selling as much as they like? Considering the amount of games they delayed, sounds about the same to me.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
SoT Era Prince of Persia is the last thing that needs to be revived, and I for god damn sure don't want to see games start taking heavy inspiration from GoW 2018.

If true that's a no from me, dog. In fact excuse me while retch violently in the corner. Hopefully it isn't.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I heard from my uncle who works for Nintendo and Ubisoft that I should stop making things up.

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Ubisoft just undergone a massive retooling of their games because the Tom Clancy IP is not exactly selling as much as they like? Considering the amount of games they delayed, sounds about the same to me.

Again, the key point being that Ubisoft do not own the Prince of Persia IP, as outlined in post #124.

Anyway, this topic is a massive nothing and should be closed.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
It's more than likely fake

I would like a new Prince of Persia once there are no Sands of Time I would be up for it.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't want the word "dystopic" anywhere near a PoP game. I want the bright, colourful settings in Sands of Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.