• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I saw a guy on Reddit say that Silent Hills was coming back with Kojima at the helm so it must be true.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So it'll basically be Jedi Fallen Order but with the Prince in it.

Is he still gonna have the Sands of Time powers? I thought you lose those at the end of Two Thrones but it's been a REALLY long time since I beat that game.

EDIT: Dang, fake. Oh well.

Oct 31, 2017
Found this post and it sums up my experience with PoP games. It's inexcusable

Beyond this, the game is very glitchy, even more so than Warrior Within. I didn't run into any gamebreaking bugs this time, but only just barely. At least two jumps were completely impossible when done properly, and I had to keep dying and trying over and over again until the game tossed me "off-centre" and actually landed me where I needed to go. I've also had timed platforms desynch on me, making puzzles outright impossible, but those could usually be solved by dying or reloading. The options menu in-game is also weird, as the game actually resumes in the brief moments when you switch between menus. Also, whenever you open the menu, animations on-screen bug up. The Prince squats, enemies do weird poses and in one instance, his hands started spinning in a really ugly way over and over while the menu was open. Suffice it to say that this game is very glitchy. Typical.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Damn I'd LOVE a new Pr-

g8UCqI9.gif

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Not a chance. If a new PoP does exist, it will be a hard reboot, they aren't going to expand on anything from decade-old games.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
if you want to pretend to be an insider, at least make up something believable

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The idea that they would put out a new PoP and connect it to any of those old games seems ridiculous to me.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
1) I really doubt this.

2) I don't understand why someone would bring this back. Is there really that much cultural awareness of PoP at this point such that it makes sense to use this IP? I'd say you might have a better chance at interesting people with a new IP.

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like nonsense. Especially that it's a direct sequel to an instalment from like 16 years ago which has already had a full reboot and then a sort of sequel itself.

Plus (not that I don't think the situation can change) I'm sure Mechner said he was pursuing a sequel with another publisher a few years ago. I'm not sure Ubi would develop a sequel to an IP they don't own when they have a really strong line-up of in-house IP (including one which is similar to PoP).

Plus, are we just posting every rumour from Reddit without need for more sources or verification? Seems like a really bad idea.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the open world is so huge I get bored or overwhelmed halfway and drop the game.

I love the original Ubisoft games.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im not trying to sound mean when i say this but why do we keep doing this only to have the threads locked?

Can we make a rule where we verify eveything maybe even photo or document evidence? No disrespect OP

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Im not trying to sound mean when i say this but why do we keep doing this only to have the threads locked?

Can we make a rule where we verify eveything maybe even photo or document evidence? No disrespect OP
I do probably think that users who repeatedly make threads on extremely shaky sources should probably lose thread creation privileges.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good thinkg we will already see next month if it's bullshit or not then.

But man do I need this in my veins.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It's been far too long since we had a Prince of Persia game, fingers crossed this is true.

The Sands of Time Trilogy is still bloody brilliant (the first game in particular) and the 2008 game was pretty good too. Really surprised there hasn't been another game since then.

Edit - Nooooooooooooo

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sincerely doubt Ubisoft wants to continue paying royalties for the PoP license. I thought that was the whole motivation to start the Assassin's Creed series.

Feb 8, 2018
Ubisoft and their leak history will make people believe it's real and that is the exact reason it could be fake. On the other side Ubi would obviously be a good dev for that kind of game.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I want a PoP2008 sequel :( What happened to the world after "Prince" saved Elika?

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
What's up with this subreddit? I'm not thread whining, I'm legit asking: is this a source credible enough, with a track record, that leaks from here are thread-worthy? I've seen multiple threads based on random ass posters here saying, in effect, "I heard from a guy..."

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I would love PoP to be back, but it really doesn't feel like something Ubi is interested in, and they certainly wouldn't tie it into the canon of the SoT trilogy if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.