• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
What do we think the chances are of being able to Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy at Nintendo World?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is USJ right?

Any recent mockups for Orlando? Or is it expected to be the same?

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
I'm upset they cancelled the plans to include Pokemon and Zelda sections.

This is USJ. There were no plans for that.

Florida is still up in the air since it sounds like that's all going in their 3rd gate.

This is USJ right?

Any recent mockups for Orlando? Or is it expected to be the same?

USJ is slated to be open next year, so mockups are much more concrete. We have no idea when it's supposed to come to Orlando. As I said above, it sounds like they're waiting to put it in their 3rd gate.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I think we all know what they need to do to promote this.

Coming to cinemas - The Wizard 2.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait till they build this in Orlando. Likely waiting for the 4th park, which is making it's way now. Flattening it and everything. So hopefully by 2022

Noctilum

Nov 28, 2017
I am disappointed that this looks more like Super Mario World rather than Super Nintendo World. Nintendo is so much bigger than this one franchise. If they are going to be all Mario at the very least they need to make a Mario Kart course though.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I wonder if the short piece of land past the bridge next to the mountain is just going to run into a wall or something in USJ. That's where the Donkey Kong area should be going in UOR.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I understand that creating a themepark is hard work, but I would think a Nintendo-land would be bigger with more areas. They have such a huge library that are just begging to be there. If Knotts Berry Farm can do it, so can Nintendo.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The pipe acting as a bridge over the service road is really clever, I had wondered how it was going to be connected to the rest of the park given that there was no way to reroute those roads.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I understand that creating a themepark is hard work, but I would think a Nintendo-land would be bigger with more areas. They have such a huge library that are just begging to be there. If Knotts Berry Farm can do it, so can Nintendo.
Likely Orlando will prob be the big one.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I am disappointed that this looks more like Super Mario World rather than Super Nintendo World. Nintendo is so much bigger than this one franchise. If they are going to be all Mario at the very least they need to make a Mario Kart course though.

Mario Kart is already confirmed as the headliner attraction. There will also be a Yoshi Ride and. Donkey Kong mine cart coaster, though DK has only been rumored for the Florida version at this point.

And again, there's absolutely no reason why other properties won't come down the line. Theme park development typically is slow as hell - gotta be patient :p

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm looking forward to walking through this when the lights are off to get to a Horror Nights house so a powered off Mario animatronic can eerily watch me as a clown with a dull prop chainsaw stalks me.

Walking through Barney's lot was great for this.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
the one in orlando is probably not coming before 2025 right? guess i'll have to fly to japan then sometime in the next couple years

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
the one in orlando is probably not coming before 2025 right? guess i'll have to fly to japan then sometime in the next couple years
Apparently they started construction on the 1 at CA, so you could go there too. Though, I think Japan version is opening first

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando stuff is for their new park, Fantastic Worlds. They have acquired a lot of new land, and some weeks ago there was a big leak regarding it.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the Nintendo section for Universal Studios was going to replace that kiddie area next to the E.T. ride?
That was the original idea, but then it seems like it got put on hold so it could be given more room at the 4th park. The new rumor is that Pokemon might replace kids zone there 1 day. But that was only a rumor, so that be later

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
entrance:
Screen-Shot-2017-06-15-at-10.28.07-AM-750x500.png

super-nintendo-world-universal-studios-japan.jpg

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Still think it's awesome and surprising that they're going with Bowser's Castle as the facade for Mario Kart. Obvious pick prolly would have been to have a generic pipe entrance for the land and use Peach's castle for the facade. That queue is gonna be nuts.

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I believe those pictures were made by a Universal Studios Japan fan blog. They created pictures that show what they think the Nintendo land will look like based on a video and concept art that was shown years/months ago.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I believe those pictures were made by a Universal Studios Japan fan blog. They created pictures that show what they think the Nintendo land will look like based on a video and concept art that was shown years/months ago.

Might be possible. I think the only new insight here is the pipe bridge connecting the land over the service road. Everything else could already be seen in the original concept art.

Oct 29, 2017
And as expected, the park looks to be entirely based on Mario only; with not a hint of any other Nintendo franchise to be found (except DK of course, but that's cheating!).

Why even bother calling it Super Nintendo World then? :p

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
What's shared appears accurate and correct. It's based off existing info and images.

Don't worry about a lack of Zelda or Pokémon at this point, it was four years after Hogsmeade opened that Diagon Alley came.