• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Sony were using Crash heavily late last year in their advertising, so makes sense for it being timed exclusive.

I can spot MHW and Destiny 2 just in the thumbnail. Those are not exclusive.

I think Sony will pay up for exclusivity this time, though, so it can check off the family game box for PS5 launch day. I don't think Ratchet and Clank will make it for launch, and I'm having doubts about Ape Escape 4 actually existing now.

Last edited:

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
This doesnt sound unlikely, and I do believe that someone might have told the og source that, but they also claimed that the PS5 would be revealed in February (which didnt happen) https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...ewqrfq/ps5_reveal_and_preorder_details_rumor/

And they also said this back in 2018

Both claims were made saying their sources were reliable, which they werent in the end

So take it with a grain of salt I guess. I do hope they are right though, cant wait to see a new Crash game

Last edited:

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Daxter*

But yeah 3 years either seems too long or that there is actual effort into this game.
How silly of me. I don't mind the return of mascot platformers, even the Spongebob game looks alright. I still want a new Ratchet or Jak game but those studios are preoccupied with bigger things, if someone else can do them instead i wouldn't mind if this turns out alright as well.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Like the Silent Hill rumour, this again makes me think about Patrick Klepek's comment about Sony seeking to 'bring back' certain games with PS5. Crash also featured somewhat conspicuously strongly next to other Sony properties in their marketing around the end of last year, over here at least.

Not to say any of this is true, but... yeah. We'll see.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
probably just a marketing deal like CTR. i doubt they'll go for exclusivity after spyro collection and CTR.
either way, very excited to see the new crash game. really didn't like the rumors of of it being yet another remake.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just about every platformer that doesn't have "Bubsy" in the title outshines Knack. It's not much of an accomplishment.
Bubsy has a better game than either of the Knack games.

948812-bubsy-3d-bubsy-visits-the-james-turrell-retrospective-macintosh.png

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Btw, besides the detail of a suppose exclusivity deal (that could range from being the game being actually timed exclusive, just some exclusive enhancements with the game while playing on PS5, cosmetic stuff like the Retro skins in Nitro-Fueled on PS4 or even the same marketing deal of before, with Sony handling ads and stuff), that guy said nothing new.

We know a new game is coming and Vicarious Visions is working on it since N. Sane Trilogy. But to be honest? I doubt it will be next-gen exclusive anyway.. it will be either cross-gen or current-gen only

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I think I'm going to start posting random rumors on Twitter without providing any proff.

Seems a fast way to gain followers.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which is more likely if true? Activision needed funding to make this game or it was given money to keep off other platforms?

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Does that source have any legitimacy at all?
  2. This timed exclusivity shit is tiring
  3. Call me when Spyro happens.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I need this to be real.

My girlfriend only plays Crash Bandicoot. She isn't into games at all - with the exception of Crash. I bought her the Nsane trilogy for her birthday on release and she still plays it every day after work. She has a high stress job and each night she probably plays it for an hour or so to unwind, she says she finds it almost meditative.

This would be the perfect way to justify buying the PS5. I mean she already knows I'm going to get one but at least this way she'll be excited too.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Btw, besides the detail of a supposed exclusivity deal (that could range from being the game being actually timed exclusive, just some exclusive enhancements with the game while playing on PS5, cosmetic stuff like the Retro skins in Nitro-Fueled on PS4 or even the same marketing deal of before, with Sony handling ads and stuff), that guy said nothing new.

We know a new game is coming and Vicarious Visions is working on it since N. Sane Trilogy. But to be honest? I doubt it will be next-gen exclusive anyway.. it will be either cross-gen or current-gen only
Spot on, I couldn't have said it any better. People need to be aware that regardless of the source, there has been several instances indicating of the new game coming this year.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Reliability of source?

I'd love for this to be real, but in all honesty I believe the Crash 4 Remake rumor before this. Any Crash is great, but I'm not believing some random dude on Twitter.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
3 years is heavy, probably a launch title
Gonna look insane

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Three *YEARS* of development for a PS5 Crash game? I've never been a fan of the series but this potentially fake rumor has my ears perked.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Just looked at the source Reddit profile and past posts and theres a few of things they claim they got inside info on, but never materialized

PS5 reveal on February 15th
www.reddit.com

r/GamingLeaksAndRumours - PS5 reveal and pre-order details [RUMOR]

40 votes and 41 comments so far on Reddit

Biomutant launching March 20th

Sony revealing dates for Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and Dreams at TGA 2018 (which they say they got from a source close to Sony)

I think its best if we close this one until further info comes out. Hoping its true tho, and if it is, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.