• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
vett6c0v59c41.jpg

Fuck you, Konami.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Super non popular opinion, but I'd give Climax another shot if it came down to it - Shattered Memories Wii is one of my favorite games, a premier demonstration of story telling in game form

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Super non popular opinion, but I'd give Climax another shot if it came down to it - Shattered Memories Wii is one of my favorite games, a premier demonstration of story telling in game form

Right there with you, Harker.
I even thought Origins was ok for a portable SH experience, but Shattered Memories immediately made me want more from that studio after finishing it. I feel like they really got the lonely, creeping dread and subtle, environmental storytelling that Team Silent did so well.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I know it's 4chan and all and this would be too crazy but the fact that this poster talked about Silent Hill soft reboot before Duskgolem can give a spark of life for this, just a spark:

Tbh, among the games people were guessing Bluepoint is making was a MGS remake. All i wanted back then is a proper remake of MG1 and MG2:SS instead of another MGS1 remake. That would be so cool if it happens with Kojima involved.

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
I know it's 4chan and all and this would be too crazy but the fact that this poster talked about Silent Hill soft reboot before Duskgolem can give a spark of life for this, just a spark:

Tbh, among the games people were guessing Bluepoint is making was a MGS remake. All i wanted back then is a proper remake of MG1 and MG2:SS instead of another MGS1 remake. That would be so cool if it happens with Kojima involved.
I saw this the other day. Seems pretty plausible even if it's 4chan. It's a 50/50 to me.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait

HOLY SHIT I'M CUMMING

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I saw this the other day. Seems pretty plausible even if it's 4chan. It's a 50/50 to me.

HOLY SHIT I'M CUMMING

Look:

- Kojima is making a horror game
- Sony is making a horror game
- Masahiro Ito working on a horror game
- Konami is making 2 Silent Hill games
- That 4chan leak is talking about how Konami and Sony making Silent Hill game for PS5 and Masahiro Ito/ Original Silent Hill creator and Kojima are involved
I think all of those can't be just concidences coming all at once
All of those may end up being one and only game you know about. :p

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
That Silent Hill Survive image is a joke image, for the record. While I don't know the games actually being worked on, just Konami was shopping around two years ago, I do actually know the source of that image. It was made as a joke post on Reddit.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Look:

- Kojima is making a horror game
- Sony is making a horror game
- Masahiro Ito working on a horror game
- Konami is making 2 Silent Hill games
- That 4chan leak is talking about how Konami and Sony making Silent Hill game for PS5 and Masahiro Ito/ Original Silent Hill creator and Kojima are involved
I think all of those can't be just concidences coming all at once
All of those may end up being one and only game you know about. :p

Please dont do this, I cant take another heartbreak

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love nothing more than a good Silent Hill game, or a remake of 1 akin to the quality of the RE remakes. 1-3 are games I'll always hold close to my heart.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I don't understand how Konami can sit on the sidelines and just watch all the money and success Capcom has come upon by making a compelling and quality remake of a classic game.

I really hope we get a remake of Silent Hill 2 this next generation. Give it a proper modern day TPS makeover, and I can't see it not selling gangbusters.

They could also simultaneously be working on a brand new SH so they have something coming down the pipeline for fans.

Ahhhh who the heck am I kidding, this is Konami we are talking about.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how Konami can sit on the sidelines and just watch all the money and success Capcom has come upon by making a compelling and quality remake of a classic game.

I really hope we get a remake of Silent Hill 2 this next generation. Give it a proper modern day TPS makeover, and I can't see it not selling gangbusters.

They could also simultaneously be working on a brand new SH so they have something coming down the pipeline for fans.

Ahhhh who the heck am I kidding, this is Konami we are talking about.
Because Konami has been doing great and having record year after year doing what they've been doing.

Oct 27, 2017
Because Konami has been doing great and having record year after year doing what they've been doing.

Aren't Konami actually doing better than Capcom financially these days?

1: SH never sold gangbusters.
2: Remaking SH2 as a modern TPS is a terrible idea.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hell? This was from the game dude! It was from the datamine of the game with all files.
Believe what you want.

I shouldn't have to explain why it's completely nonsensical for Sony to hide their name from the final product but here we are. Plus, if this was true, the game wouldn't have been cancelled for a variety of obvious reasons.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

None of this sounds realistic at all. Why would a random Konami employee know the ins and outs of what Sony wants to do?
Also Ikumi doesn't work at Sony, and name dropping her to be working on a project like that is just too convenient.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017

Ya this sounds too good to be true.

Nov 23, 2019
RRT4 ▶︎▶︎▶︎
Well, Capcom too

The thing is Konami would be much bigger now if they didn't leave market. Every big company is basically doing great - EA, SE, Bandai Namco, Activision, etc. Basically Konami left when the market was on the rise, so that's huge misstep from them.

Also, this year Konami's profit will be down YoY most likely. Results for H1 2019:

VPI9UHU.png

in addition, they had some bad news in Q3 too

Last edited:

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, Capcom too

The thing is Konami would be much bigger now if they didn't leave market. Every big company is basically doing great - EA, SE, Bandai Namco, Activision, etc. Basically Konami left when the market was on the rise, so that's huge misstep from them.
That's complete conjecture. You have no idea what Konami's outcome would've been had they invested more in AAA videogames and still been in the market. They could be doing much worse now. My point is Konami is doing the best they've ever done not doing what you want them to do.

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
Could we at least get 2-4 available to play on modern consoles and steam ffs?

I want new Silent Hills to be worth the hype, but it's always disappointment with Konami.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Someone please explain what Silent Hill Survive would be and why it's such a bad idea?
It'd be a survival game where you have to scavenge the town for supplies, fight off hordes of generic monsters, pyramid head would be invincible and after you from time to time, the story would be minimal at best and the dark world shift could surprise you at any moment, changing the map and the enemies you encounter.

Also you can upgrade your main base with real money.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
It'd be a survival game where you have to scavenge the town for supplies, fight off hordes of generic monsters, pyramid head would be invincible and after you from time to time, the story would be minimal at best and the dark world shift could surprise you at any moment, changing the map and the enemies you encounter.

Also you can upgrade your main base with real money.

Other than the last part, I wouldn't mind this.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it were great I'd never give Konami the luxury of a sale again.