• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herola

Nov 3, 2017
I still don't see what the problem is with not ah omg the compete Pokedex. As the locations are supposed to be different, it makes complete sense to not have all Pokemon in every region.

Even the different mechanics in regions make sense. People seem to always want to tear down something they supposedly love.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
For sure it does, but you don't see me acting like there's absolutely 0 things that these games are doing well, because there are some pretty sweet things, just like there are plenty to criticize. I won't call out someone for praising QoL changes, but I will call the fuck out of someone saying "There are 400+ Pokémon to catch, so eh, no problem".
I wasn't trying to target you, I apologize if you saw it that way.

The point I'm trying to make here is that both sides have good and bad people when trying to express their discomfort with this whole situation.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
I do hope the persistent incredibly negative reaction to the Dex cuts makes them reconsider for future titles, even though they already said this was the way they were going to go with the franchise from now on.

I haven't been one of the people yelling online about the issue, just quietly disappointed. I'm still going to play and probably really enjoy Sword and Shield, but it really can't be understated how disappointing it is going into it knowing that I won't be able to use some of my favorite pokemon. It totally hampers the replayability and it limits the amount of teams you can build for playing online.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Oh my god. 🤦‍♂️

Diamond and Pearl was a top down 2D sprites with basic 3D overworld game for the DS. Sword and Shield is a HD, their first one one, with full 3D models for the Pokémon, human characters, 3D overworld. The Pokémon counts had also increased a lot since Diamond and Pearl.
Ok but all the Pokemon models were already made in XY.

OP
OP

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Have people considered that the low morale might be because of problems with the management or feeling like their voices aren't being heard within the company and not just because of the way the fandom reacted? Like we know there are disagreements about the direction the series are going within gamefreak and we know this was a controversial decision among the staff, so it's not impossible that the low morale is due more to internal factors than the fans reactions in the first place
Yeah, I brought this up on the first page.
It got ignored. But it wouldn't shock me, devs are probably getting squeezed hard by the deadlines as well.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't see what the problem is with not ah omg the compete Pokedex. As the locations are supposed to be different, it makes complete sense to not have all Pokemon in every region.

Even the different mechanics in regions make sense. People seem to always want to tear down something they supposedly love.
I mean, they have mechanics to transfer in Pokemon from old regions that just won't work with pokemon not in the galar dex. Nobody would care if they weren't obtainable in the base game if we could still transfer them in like we always could before

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Maybe

Just maybe

Adult Pokémon fans need to finally realize that the core audience of these games are children, and that they are just a vocal niche??

There's nothing wrong with enjoying something made for kids! I am not trying to insult anyone here. But there's a point where you have to concede that you are not the target audience, no matter how intensely passionate you are about it.
This seems like just another way of trying to excuse things.

"See, these games are just for kids so you shouldn't really be criticizing them you silly adults!"

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
I knew Japanese pokemon fans were in an uproar recently, but did GF seriously not do an official announcement of the pokedex cut in JP. Sheesh, that is a horrible decision.
The message was only relayed to us in the West I believe, hence why they're reacting this way in the screenshot. Some or all did not know about this. The posters in the thread think GF is falsely advertising a product and it just spilled out to them attacking James Turner on Twitter.
Why do people keep saying this. One of the first places to get the Dev's thoughts and reasons for the cuts was Famitsu. 2ch is the equivalent of 4chan, aka a whole lot of trolling.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Given that the article in the OP says this is a rumor and is not specific about the source of the low morale, the thread seems to have devolved into speculation, hostility, and metacommentary on others. As such, the thread will remain locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.