• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
This comes from the site Giant Freaking Robot, which has apparently scooped several accurate stories in the past.
According to one of our trusted and proven inside sources, Sony wants Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi to reunite for another Spider-Man movie. The hope is to have Raimi direct a movie starring Maguire that would somehow work as a spinoff from whatever takes place in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Just exactly how much this spinoff would be able to directly reference anything from the Marvel Cinematic Universe is unclear. However, our source says the studio wants this to be a multiverse spinoff so we assume there will be some acknowledgment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but there may not be any direct appearances from any of those characters. This project would stand on its own two legs.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-tobey-maguire-sam-raimi.html

Redemption for Spider-Man 3? Yes it has some funny ironic moments, but it's a film filled with moronic character choices and writing-I still remember how bummed I was back in 2007.

Last edited:

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
KindheartedTatteredAxisdeer-max-1mb.gif

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Stop. This website is ridiculous. Take a look at some of the articles. They're not even trying.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I was a tiny child in 2007. Saw Spider-man 3 opening night. Was so confused that the follow up to Spider-man 2 was bad that I stayed in my seat through the credits and watched it a 2nd time to make sure I wasn't confused. Was still awful.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure they do but how much money does Tobey want, a lot probably or he doesn't care about being in it.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Giant Freakin' Robot isn't a banned source here but they are almost as bad as WeGotThisCovered and bounding into comics.

In fact, they often share headlines. Like "Christian Bale set to appear as Batman in The Flash".

OP
OP
Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Their "trusted" and "proven" sources are linked to an article that says that Bruce Campbell is going to be in Dr. Strange 2 (it's a Raimi movie, so, uh, duh) and an unproven rumor about Secret Invasion's cast. There is no reason to believe this at all.

EDIT: Judging from the rest of this website this is little better than any other bunk rumor mill websites.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
(Trustworthiness of the website aside) The original pitch for Spider-Man 4 sounded pretty lame, but I'd be up to see them take a fresh swing at it. I know Tobey had some serious back issues that made his participation tenuous back then, wonder how his health is now. Those Raimi movies are absolutely foundational superhero cinema, and it'd be fun to see that legacy go out on a high note.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
While I don't doubt that the morons at Sony Pictures actually want this, given the dumb, inane content of a lot of their e-mails that leaked, this article doesn't look like a good indication of anything.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
For additional context, this website comes up from time to time on a comedy podcast I listen to that makes fun of fake movie news called "We Got We Got This Covered Covered".

Are they as bad as Screenrant or CBR?

Idk if the site is bogus just lock the thread.
Ha, I think Screenrant sucks but a lot of people love them and they aren't a banned source to my knowledge.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Adapt Renew Your Vows and I'll be there day 1. Time for the Spider family to hit the screen.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
I'm guessing they worked things out on the downlow between Sony and Marvel and we're keeping Tom Holland in the MCU and this is how Sony still gets to continue to churn out Spideyflix.

Holy shit! This is my favorite Spider-Man costume (I own a replica of the jacket) and to see it in live action would be amazing.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, muddy the marvel brand and confuse casual audiences even more. Excellent.

(Not that it would happen, this site is very much one of the many "report on any possible thing that could possibly happen and when 1/1000 are right, point to it and tell people you're legit" sites)

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Make it happen people. Even if you have to post bullshit stories about it. It will create demand and then they can't ignore it then they will actually contemplate doing it.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
*looks at the other articles on the site*

Lol. Almost had me.
I don't know those sources seem pretty trusted and proven.
www.giantfreakinrobot.com

Chris Hemsworth To Star In Gladiator 2?

Chris Hemsworth looks to be attempting a shot at starring in Gladiator 2. How? By talking directly to Maximus himself, Russell Crowe.

Charlie Cox Returning As Daredevil In Another Hero’s Show

Charlie Cox making his mark on the Marvel universe after coming from Netflix and now will take part in yet another series as Daredevil

Exclusive: Christian Bale Is In Talks To Return As Batman

Christian Bale is negotiating a return as Batman in one of the upcoming DC universe movies. Here is everything we know about his appearance.

Dwayne Johnson Making Man Of Steel 2?

Dwayne Johnson is coming out swinging for the Snyderverse. Now, a new rumor says he wants to work toward making Man of Steel 2 finally happen. Can he?

Robert Pattinson Will Lead A Multiverse Justice League?

With DC ruling out the Snyderverse, what are their plans for the future? A new rumor reveals a plan for a Multiverse with Robert Pattinson leading the way.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
This source is shit but I would prefer Sony use this route for their future movies instead of continuing with their weirdo Venom-verse

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
What happened to the multiverse movie? Is that one still happening or was that rumor bogus?

Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Of all Spidey spin-offs, making Spider-Man 4 or The Amazing Spider-Man 3 are probably the least interesting routes they could potentially take... (Aunt May spinoff included).

Status
Not open for further replies.