• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
danrbg

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
I don't think Microsoft is interested in PCF because of its study structure.

Squid Icarus

Jul 11, 2019
Polish game developers which are still independent
EMKH-1uXkAYqCXn

Wait, who exactly bought Flying Wild Hog? And when will they finally announce Shadow Warrior 3?

EDIT: Read it above, sorry. Missed it.

OP
OP
danrbg

danrbg

Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Microsoft is looking for diversity, what diversity does PCF offer?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In for People Can Fly. Sounds reasonable and would be great for Game Pass. Quality shooters with tons of creativity but without the polish (hehe) of the biggest productions.

Mar 3, 2018
You know, at first I said to myself that they would never pay a few billion to get CDPR. But then I remembered Microsoft paid a rumoured $100 million to get Ninja and Shroud to switch to Mixer. They have fuck you money. Anything is possible I guess.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft is looking for diversity, what diversity does PCF offer?
Well, to be fair. It's not as if they have a ton of shooter studios right now. All of their acquired studios are working on RPGs, action-adventure or other genres.

One more shooter studio isn't going to hurt. Especially if the shooter does something different compared to Gears and Halo.

ImaLawy3r

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Nice enthusiasm in this thread. Should be like this everywhere. MS stepping its game up to compete.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm a little surprised that People Can Fly isn't already under the MGS umbrella. They've worked with Microsoft for a while now.

Also, I still want to see a Gears of War Judgement sequel dangit.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
First Sony buying DC project Red and now Microsoft, lol. Love rumors. Maybe they are making a deal to put Cyberpunk on Gamepass.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
well if Microsoft bought minecraft for $2billion(?) Why not CD Project right? :D

CD Project group also owns the second largest PC gaming distribution service. It's not just a development studio.

Microsoft would not buy GOG, it'd be redundant, and the hate that would got heir way from all the PC gamers would probably break the internet.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
People Can Fly seems like the logic choice but The Astronauts would be more interesting.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Eastern Europe is a territory ripe for fostering relatively smaller, lower cost but still talented developers that can be built up to produce a good cadence of content.

So, perfect for Game Pass.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how much Insomniac was worth before Sony picked them up? Trying to get a frame of reference here.

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
Eastern Europe is a territory ripe for fostering relatively smaller, lower cost but still talented developers that can be built up to produce a good cadence of content.

So, perfect for Game Pass.

Bloober Team has already had a few of their games on Game Pass, so I would imagine they're a real possibility.

OP
OP
danrbg

danrbg

Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Well, to be fair. It's not as if they have a ton of shooter studios right now. All of their acquired studios are working on RPGs, action-adventure or other genres.

One more shooter studio isn't going to hurt. Especially if the shooter does something different compared to Gears and Halo.
Yes, but I don't think they went to Poland to buy a TPS study. I see Techland more likely.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
No doubt, but CD Projekt values their independence too much. I could see Microsoft becoming an external partner/investor though if they're not already but I find the acquisition chances to basically be 0.

CDPR are not "independent". They are a public trading company. :)

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
CDPR would be a megaton for sure, but it's the same dream as Sony buying From or Nintendo buying Capcom, a dream.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Techland feels like the most right out of that list, on my gut reaction. Big developer, but not so big that the idea of an acquisition seems crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.