• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Borys Nieśpielak (director of the awarded film "We are alright" about developing of indie games, and who knows some people in Polish game industry), in his last podcast said that Microsoft was in Poland and it was interested in new teams that could join to XGS!

Polish game developers which are still independent
EMKH-1uXkAYqCXn

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
People Can Fly seems like a reasonable pick up.
No chance it's CD Projekt though.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
UhOh. If CD Project Red get bought out I don't think the internet could withstand it.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
They would need like solid 8 zeroes or even 9 to get CDPR on board.

Plus CDPR wants to be independent.

EDIT: Holy shit, didn't know CDPR was worth $5 billion. Its PCF probably.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
They have a good relationship with Techland and Cd Projekt.
No doubt, but CD Projekt values their independence too much. I could see Microsoft becoming an external partner/investor though if they're not already but I find the acquisition chances to basically be 0.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be People Can Fly. They have a preexisting working relationship already and they're small enough to be an easy pickup.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
people can fly seems like a good choice, specially since they've worked together in the past.

CDPR is not gonna happen.

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
CD Projekt Red and Techland are probably too big to be worth it. People Can Fly would make sense though.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
PCF and The Astronauts would be great. Would love to see what they could do with more resources.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's Flying Wild Hog. Surely. They'd make a perfect fit. Loved Shadow Warrior so much.

The Astronauts are uber talented too. Visual Wizards. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on PC is still utterly jaw dropping today.

Actually I'm amazed just how many awesome independent studios there are in Poland.

Could be that they're working with a studio on a publishing project though?

Edit: how am I the first to mention Flying Wild Hog!?

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
People Can Fly and Bloober resembles the type of acquisitions that Xbox has pursued. Techland and CDP are way too big.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
People read the last part about public traded companies. So if something is happening for one of those (no CDPR isnt a option. Be realistic) we knew probably more already.
For the realistically 4 options stated in the tweet. I see PCF as the most "logical" Its one of the "bigger" devs (arround 200 people atm) MS are still looking for to add. And PCF has history with MS. Wich is always added as a important point for MS.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
CDPR is worth 5B so don't even entertain it.
If anything it's PFC as they worked together before.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Lots of candidates:
Techland - Dying Light
People Can Fly - Helped with Gears
Bloober Team - Layers of Fear and Blair Witch
11 Bit Studios - Frostpunk

Seems like a reasonable place to look and maybbe snatch up more talent there

Deleted member 19924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm forgetting but did Microsoft acquire anyone else recently at XO19? I think their last buyouts were Obsidian and InXile at XO18.

Edit: Oh yeah, Double Fine.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
It they do, it's People Can Fly like others have said. Which is good, that studio would probably appreciate a financial safety net.

Techland would be interesting but I'm not sure they need it, I feel like they've been doing great with their support for Dying Light, so I can see Dying Light 2 doing very well commercial-wise.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
People Can Fly or Bloober (the latter of which's games are perfectly styled for Game Pass) seem like the best guesses, considering previous history and size.

The thumbnail being for Cyberpunk is fine bait though.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
That would be silly, but I thought paying 2.5 billion for Minecraft was silly, so what do I know?
Yeah haha.
They have 136 billion in cash. Portion of that is overseas that would be taxed if brought back to the US. So they could afford it

Plus I remember when they bought Minecraft that it was worth the money due to GAAP accounting bc they'd make more off of minecraft then the interest that money would generate. Not sure about that, I'm no finance expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.