• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Have a Switch and NSO already, will get Gamepass day 1 to try it out. This is really exciting.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
I remember reading a a write up on an upcoming multi platform game a couple weeks ago and the developer included Switch in the "Xbox Family'' of systems. I Thought it was odd and maybe a typo. Now it makes waay more sense

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Technically Minecraft on Switch already does that and has separate achievements.
Right, but I'm not going to buy a Switch for Minecraft...;)

I'd like a shared achievement list. Like if I could load up Dead Cells and keep chipping away, then log on to Xbox at home to continue, that'd be amazing...

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Streaming is the present and future whether or not old school people here likes it.

Ug3vxjs.png

Wow you changed your tune pretty fast.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'd buy a Switch tomorrow if this were true. Having 200 or so games ready to play when I take it out of the box would be a huge selling feature especially considering the price of Nintendo 1st party games here in Canada. As of right now, the only Switch exclusive that is really driving me to buy one is Mario Odyssey, and I remember buying a Wii U for 3D World and Zelda U, and having never felt so burnt in my life. Worst case scenario, if the other games I'm looking foward to, like Metroid Prime 4 and Bayo 3 end up getting pushed to Switch 2, at least there are still a ton of games I can play on it every month for what I am paying right now anyway.

Also, what if this means that Nintendo games might also become available on Game Pass and hence playable on XBOX. Could that possibly be something that could happen in the future?

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
If true... They are really taking that Better Together commercial to a whole new level
But if devs can stop trying and just let streaming version happen doesn't seem like a great scenario for them.
Devs are working to get doom and mortal kombat natively, would be bummer for that to decrease instead of increase to provide more value to a competitor's subscription service

I don't think they would offer third party games with that service, only Microsoft first party.

If they did though... Honestly not sure how revenue distribution works with game pass. Does Microsoft pay third parties a certain fixed amount upfront, regardless of how many people end up downloading their game? I can only imagine people actually buying their games would still generate more revenue for third parties than someone accessing it through a subscription service, but I am by no means an expert.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Could someone knowledgeable about Project xCloud share what it brings to game streaming? I've had positive experiences with streaming in the past and if it's even better now I'm super excited.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol @ people in here thinking MS is going to port hundreds of games (including ones they don't own) on Switch for Game Pass when they have a streaming service for that.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
very, very weird but very cool. as a switch, X, and gamepass (3 years!) sub it would really let me play a lot of games anywhere. not really sure why nintendo is in, it seems like long term it'll really hurt them, but who knows. I guess it does "block" microsoft from trying to fuck around with handheld forms, switch is now their outlet for that.

If it were a "streaming only" service, you couldn't really play them "anywhere", as much as just places where you do have a strong enough Wifi connection.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
This would be huuuuuuge. Like megaton level of shake-up for the industry. I love it when shit lika that happens lol.

Oct 26, 2017
So Game Pass is not streamed like I thought it was. How will that work without a slew of native ports?

Unless they put xCloud streamed games alongside it, plus native ports (I assume Ori will be included?). But I would think native ports should absolutely get retail releases as well. I wonder who would publish Ori and whatever else gets ported. Will Mojang do this, since they are sort of MS' 3rd-party publisher on Switch? My guess would be THQ Nordic since the already do MS' PC retail releases, and of course carry the torch from the OG THQ from the GBA and DS days.

Tryxx

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I know Xbox is becoming a service company but do they not also realize this really hurts hardware sales as people that have gaming PCs, and now a Nintendo switch can play all their exclusives?

On top of that it hurts online games as the user base is always going to be way higher on say a ps4 since it has much higher sales.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not questioning this guys integrity but his history is important.

That said, I've developed a real disdain for the run up to E3 and the launch of the next console generation. It's filled, laden, and overflowing with lies and fabrications. Dudes just make shit up on the fly and a large part of the core audience seems to fall for it. Despite there being no source and often the souce being a culmination of speculation from our own threads presented back to us as credible info.

BTW I have a source that says the next switch will have 4 titans along with 68tflops and the tears of Mario as the cooling system. My source works for Nintendo and recently slid into my dms.

; )

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

In many ways this growing partnership makes a lot of sense.

Nintendo gains services and potential infrastructure in areas they're lacking in, can entice buyers with a service that includes its own library of games, more than likely gets a cut for everyone that uses it, and potentially gains access to IP that don't hit the areas they hit (including but not limited to Rare's library and Halo).

Microsoft, meanwhile, more directly profits from being on the Switch, works towards its larger goal of expanding the outreach of its services, and has a much easier foothold in appealing to Japan, which the Xbox has notoriously failed in.

If it all pans out well the resulting partnership could pose a huge challenge to both the current juggernaut that is the Sony PlayStation and the potential juggernaut that is whatever Google possibly comes out with.
These are all good points. Really interesting future we're heading too if this pans out.

It's NateDrake though, so there's a pretty good chance this is happening.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I can see streaming working for campaign but for online gameplay wont it be super laggy?

Ill be interested to see how it turns out for sure.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Would this be a way to get Monster Hunter World on the Switch without needing Capcom's approval?

No Monster Hunter World on XB1 in Japan still... Streaming from xCloud would be region free right?

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
Oh lord please let me play gears of war on my switch at some point in life I will never ask for anything ever again my dream is one step closer to coming true

Same here. Playing Gears on my Switch would be great

I don't want Halo Infinite being developed with it having to hit Switch specs

Has nothing to do with specs. That game would be streamed through xCloud on Switch

Who is direct-feed games?

NateDrake is an insider on ERA

Oh my goodness oh my damn. Destiny and KH on switch. I cant even, I'm gonna go cry man tears now.

That's something I never thought could happen but here we are!!

If this is true, I want to use my Elite controller on my switch goddammit. Gimme triggers Nintendo

I honestly hope so. I miss owning an Xbox One controller

Uhh those are not MS or Gamepass games.

Currently, but they can be added later on

Is this source legit?

It's legit. NateDrake is reporting it and he's an insider

Ahh gotcha. Isn't the WiFi on Switch terrible though?

It's okay. Hopefully future Switch iterations improve that chip in order for GamePass/xCloud to be viable on Switch

As a Game Pass subscriber with a Switch, I'd love this.

If Nintendo are going to give MS this much access to the Switch they should just ask them if they can use XBL to replace Nintendo's garbage online.

They should and I believe MS has a hand in it

According to a no name YouTuber.

It's not a no-name YouTube. Direct-Feed Games is NateDrake who is a reliable insider on ERA

If I could link my Xbox account with a Switch and earn achievements/progress on the go, I'd buy one without hesitation.

I hope so.

never heard of this outlet but this news wouldn't be surprising. its been hinted at.

are we sure this person has separate sources or are they just connecting all of the dots like everyone else?

That's NateDrake who is a reliable insider on ERA.

Direct-Feed Game is NateDrake who is an insider with a good track record
Yeah who has been wrong about things like GTA V on Switch.

He wasn't wrong on that. Both NateDrake and Vern stated GTA V WAS in development and running on Switch but due to how expensive cartridges were, it was most likely either canned or put on hold.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its absurd that we get this rather than a internal nintendo console only netflix, but hey, maybe if this does well it will wake up the big wigs at nintendo