• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved the MediEvil 1 Remake. It sold well in Europe :)
MediEvil 2 Remake needs to happen now!!!! <3

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I liked the MediEvil remake. It was a beautiful labour of love that captured every instance of spirit and intention put into the original game, but they could have made it play better.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm here for it. The first one was a cool throwback for me.

I just want Sony to keep looking into these types of projects.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
sadly that only means the best move is to wait for the "2 games in one disc" pack that will come out eventually.

They should've follow the Crash and Spyro lead and release both games in a single pack...

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Ill-advised. The first is a cult classic. The second? Not so much. Their resources are better spent on a different PS1 remake

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I really hope if this is true they're able to make some gameplay tweaks, even if they're optional. I bought the Medievil remake desperately wanting to like it, but between the awful performance and dated combat, I just wasn't having fun.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Oh, god! Let this be true. It's the one I love the most, and I've been hoping the first one did well enough to get us a remake for MediEvil 2.

Can you imagine if the remake War of The Monsters next. 😱

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ill-advised. The first is a cult classic. The second? Not so much. Their resources are better spent on a different PS1 remake
giphyb7ksf.gif

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
Medievil 2 was my first 3D game. I remember Greenwich used to scare the shit out of me. I Would love to play a remake.

Gallows Bat

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Meh the first one convinced me some games are better left in the last. Looks great, plays like shit.

Oct 27, 2017
I think a brand new third entry would fill a hole they have in their current catalog. I appreciate that they've changed directions into more cinematic story driven experiences which are very good, but we could use a little more cartoony platform action adventure again.

Would be a nice time to try to give Death Jr.a retry but I don't know what kind of unholy sacrifice would need to be given for that to happen.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I think a brand new third entry would fill a hole they have in their current catalog. I appreciate that they've changed directions into more cinematic story driven experiences which are very good, but we could use a little more cartoony platform action adventure again.

Would be a nice time to try to give Death Jr.a retry but I don't know what kind of unholy sacrifice would need to be given for that to happen.

Hopefully they'll greenlit a new one if they really commit to the next remake.

I only played the sequel once so it's exciting the idea of a remake, I remember liking it as much as the first one but it was a bit funnier (altho I prefer og's setting).

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Oh so that's the Bluepoint remake everyone was talking about! /s

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I wish I liked the MediEvil remake. It was a beautiful labour of love that captured every instance of spirit and intention put into the original game, but they could have made it play better.
Thats the thing it plays like a ps1 game which the spyro remakes do too but arguably Insomniac was a master of its craft so it stands up better i do need to get around to this got it day 1 have yet to play it

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The second game is considered to be the best by most fans. :o
I quite like the second game but...it really is not better than the first. Among other things, the level design is much less inspired and the game is unfairly difficult. The life fountains not resetting when you replay a level is one of the worst game design choices I've ever seen.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats the thing it plays like a ps1 game which the spyro remakes do too but arguably Insomniac was a master of its craft so it stands up better i do need to get around to this got it day 1 have yet to play it

Yeah like, you swing your sword and there's no feedback or anything.

It still feels like a PS1 game in all the worst ways, and I feel bad saying that because they did such a spectacular job with everything else.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy that MediEvil fans are getting this.

But I just can't BELIEVE that not only would the first Medievil get a remake, but we're even hearing rumors of a second before anything Ape Escape revival/remake/sequel related is even mentioned.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I hope they put more effort into improving the game itself.

Unlike Crash, Spyro and Ape Escape, the original Medievil simply did not age well at all and that was very clear in the remake.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
What's the source on the first game selling well in Europe?

Regardless, I'm in for 2 if it actually gets made. The first remake was fun and honestly a nice palate cleanser from "AAA" games.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

While the gameplay in both Crash and Spyro is better, the overall design and even mechanics are way more interesting in MediEvil to me. Crash is a mess imo and Spyro is super basic but I understand that a good control on the character can make a difference.

MediEvil can feel rough while playing but its level design is much more modern to me and it's way more creative than those games as well. Also it's actually funny.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah like, you swing your sword and there's no feedback or anything.

It still feels like a PS1 game in all the worst ways, and I feel bad saying that because they did such a spectacular job with everything else.

Funny enough, that pretty much describes Sony Cambridge Studio (the original developers of MediEvil) in a nutshell. They always brought their A-game when it came to the art, atmosphere and production values of their titles, but they really struggled with crafting serviceable gameplay. MediEvil is actually one of their better playing games.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Funny enough, that pretty much describes Sony Cambridge Studio (the original developers of MediEvil) in a nutshell. They always brought their A-game when it came to the art, atmosphere and production values of their titles, but they really struggled with crafting serviceable gameplay. MediEvil is actually one of their better playing games.
Yeah, ghost hunter was on if the most amazing Ps2 game tech wise. It felt like I was playing a high end xbox og game at the time.

Oct 24, 2019
What's the source on the first game selling well in Europe?

Regardless, I'm in for 2 if it actually gets made. The first remake was fun and honestly a nice palate cleanser from "AAA" games.

I remember seeing some article that MediEvil was in the top 10 in Italy for a long time or something.

my memory's kinda foggy thoughts

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
can we get some other ps1 remake like...............Jumping Flash? Am i alone on this one?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018

they created the best Killzone in Killzone Mercenary so you shut your mouth!!! (T_T)

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have had Medievel remake installed on my ps4 for some time and haven't even started it, will play it at some point.