• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely just have him randomly wander into an MCU movie, anything else would be a failure on Disney's part in my view

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
They should make an R-rated Deadpool 3 with a supporting MCU character. Putting him in a PG-13 movie beyond a cameo would be so lame.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Deadpool 3, Wade knows he's in a different universe and only he remembers. He goes to Hugh Jackman's house, demanding Wolverine's help, but it's just Hugh Jackman.

Also if he ever gets bleeped, he is the only person that hears it. And if the 'CENSORED' bar shows up to cover his mouth, he grabs it and beats the shit out of someone with it.

Oct 27, 2017

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spidy End credits scene: Pool is eating breakfast, stops looks around as if he heard something. "Ah, there it is" and goes back to eating.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I want them to just say he's always been in the MCU and proceed to show a montage of him very poorly inserted into various scenes from MCU films.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Deadpool 3, Wade knows he's in a different universe and only he remembers. He goes to Hugh Jackman's house, demanding Wolverine's help, but it's just Hugh Jackman.

Also if he ever gets bleeped, he is the only person that hears it. And if the 'CENSORED' bar shows up to cover his mouth, he grabs it and beats the shit out of someone with it.

Man, there really is so many ways they can do this right

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they manage to somehow bring over all his friends too lol. I know it wouldn't make any sense but I really like the extended cast of the movies

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-3 would be a great way to ease Deadpool into the MCU before any sort of Deadpool 3. Honestly, we probably don't need a Deadpool 3, he could just continue to make cameos in other movies and that'd probably be just the right amount of Deadpool.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Just give him a solo film and keep the R, it's something that Iger has expressed interest in doing and it's the path of least resistance.

Plus, keep him away from Spider-Man 3. MCU Spidey desperately needs the chance to escape the shadow of other MCU characters and have his own truly solo venture and adding Deadpool as a side kick would be catastrophic to the tone of the film and MCU Peter's character growth.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
It should be a cameo and running gag in Spider-Man 3.

Have it a thing where characters mention that they saw Spider-Man somewhere else, only for Peter to get confused or not understand what they're talking about. Eventually they run into each other, and Deadpool makes a joke about how usually when people mistake him for Spider-Man, Spider-Man isn't 16 years old, and wonders how young the next one will be.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Legit endless potential

I also like the Spidey 3 idea because we know that one is coming in 2021, so it could be a quicker way to get at least some kind of X-Men representation into the MCU before the end of "Phase 4", which is supposedly totally planned out and doesn't have any F4/X-Men involvement.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
They should do it just like Fox did, with the connection to their X-Men universe but just have MCU characters show up this time.

The other option is do what Marvel did with Daredevil and the Netflix shows. Have it set in the same universe but with no major connection to the main MCU story arc, so they can keep the R rating and be far enough away from the main MCU movies.

I'm sure they can make jokes about crossing over into the MCU and the Disney buy out, among other things.

My only worry is if they decide to integrate him fully into the main MCU, we can kiss goodbye to that R rating.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I've always liked Deadpool and Spidey together so it would be cool to see that on the big screen.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Honestly I just hope they know their limits with him. Deadpool can get very annoying very fast.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Whatever they figure out... I have no doubt it will be hilarious and they will really lean into the absurdity of how all these Fox characters are now walking around in a Disney-owned universe.

Looking forward to that!

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Really wonder if they are gonna tone him down to PG-13 now.
zcg51Sz.gif

Min

Oct 25, 2017
If the rumors as told by a producer are true for Spider-Man Far From Home, then have DeadPool appears randomly to fight Mysterio who is buddy buddy with Spider-Man and Nick Fury. Everyone is confused by this random assassin dude.

DeadPool: Bleep
DeadPool: What the Bleep. I had a contract. They told me in the merger. Bleep. Where's my agent?!
*Deadpool jostles camera and with a struggle grabs it away from camera director and inverts it onto the film crew*
*Deadpool then films Deadpool arguing with film crew and Disney execs about FOX merger*
Deadpool now takes helm as director calls for action: Bleep. Oh for bleep sakes. I'm coming back in 3 years when this is all worked out good luck fighting this wannabe magician with an imaginary bunny rabbit sidekick trying to destroy the world.
*Deadpool dips*
Nick Fury: Who the fuck was that?
Deadpool - Cuts back in: *BEEEEEEEEEEEP*
*Leaves again*
Resume scene with Spider-Man, Nick Fury, and Jake Gyllenhaal slightly confused somewhat introspectively staring at the camera and then shifting back to conversation/action.

Should all be done with sweeping camera one take.

Personally I kinda hate the idea of him being in Spider-Man 3.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
He can time travel at the end of DP2, just teleport him in through the quantum realm with some Mickey ears as a post credit.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I understand the desire for the move given he is the only X-Men franchise on the up-swing anymore, but I'm not really feeling Deadpool being the *first* mutant introduced into the MCU. Being first, to me, carries some weight to it. I'd rather not he be the first.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Least they can hide his age with makeup. He should be good for the DP role for a long time.

Their de-aging tech is great, too. It's more about the commitment it takes to stay in shape, and how much more difficult that gets the older you get. Ryan loves the role, though, so I don't think there has to be too much concern about him wanting to "move on".

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
A Deadpool aware that he's now in a more family age rated product within the MCU, desperately trying to get the one hard F bomb allowed in a PG-13 only to have someone else steal it.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Ehhh, like others have said, I don't think Deadpool works with any of those 3 options. Maybe just a cameo at the end of a Spiderman movie. I don't think anyone wants to see a neutered Deadpool without the adult slant and hard-R.

I'm curious if it's possible to bring MCU characters into his movie and have them dropping F-Bombs and making adult jokes? I can definitely see some interaction working with a Rocket Racoon, or a Howard the Duck who have different dialogue (well....potential for HtD) and personality compared to their PG-13 MCU counterparts.
I wonder if that's even an option on the table to make current MCU characters more adult just for a Deadpool movie. Or if there is something contractually that wouldn't allow for it?

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the best way is to make a movie as if he was apart of the MCU the whole time. He is the type of character that can make fun of it and point out the absurdity of it.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I'd actually lose my shit if we ever got a Spider-Man/Deadpool team up movie.

This is good.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Deadpool is sitting on the edge of a building, sulking. He's the only one left in his universe. He heard the X-Men would come back someday, but he hasn't heard from them in a while. He's thinking about ending it all when suddenly, a giant bright rectangle appears in the sky...

---

Howard the Duck is stranded on Earth after the battle with Thanos. Starving, he rummages through a garbage bin and chows down on a half-eaten chimichanga in the rain before collapsing from exhaustion.

He awakens in the middle of the night to She-Hulk wrapping him in a blanket, carrying him into her apartment, and resting him on her couch. She heads off to bed, and he starts looking around. He picks up the TV remote and launches the Disney+ app. He presses play on DEADPOOL 3.

---

Deadpool looks up and sees Howard the Duck lounging on She-Hulk's couch.

---

The movie's too depressing, so Howard the Duck thinks he's going to watch Moana instead.

---

Deadpool realizes what's going on and pleads with Howard the Duck not to turn off the movie.

---

Howard realizes the movie is talking to him and waddles over to the TV.

---

Deadpool takes a running leap, and jumps onto the edge of the giant rectangle.

---

Howard helps pull him in.

--

They both tumble backward onto the coffee table, splitting it in half.

She-Hulk wonders what the hell is going on and comes out of her room to find a masked dude in her living room.

Fight scene!

Howard the Duck takes cover under the couch.

Drensch

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with marvel characters showing up in Deadpool for him to clown on. But he shouldn't show up in general in marvel movies, at all.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
I would like to see them do a Deadpool 3 but set in the MCU.

He would have the quip lines about everything being different and thusly become depressed. His friends aren't the people he knew, and being the only X-man he becomes every depressed. So in turn he goes super bad trying to clean up this universe. You could have a twist that Deadpool goes to kill Thanos and calls him Cabl but he is actually on the ship (from endgame) that gets sucked between time. Ship blows up with him in it, he awakes and starts a new in the world saying "this one world, is close enough to his".

So you could do a Deadpool vs the Marvel Universe storyline but at the same time not have it affect the world as much.