• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Well Dusk does specifically discount Code Veronica rather than just saying it's not RE..

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
I'll say this: It's not a rumor, it's true (if you believe me), it'll be Capcom's 2022 game (if all works out). I know what it is, but I promised I wouldn't speak in detail about this for a few more months.

It's not Code Veronica or Dino Crisis remake though, I'll crush those dreams right now.

So... Haunting Ground.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
RE4 isn't even remotely in need of a remake.

What are they going to do to make it better? Spend multiple years and millions of dollars just so you can walk while aiming? That project is only worth doing if they're going to "demake" it into an actual horror game like RE 3.5.

REmaking REmake as an OTS game is also a complete waste of time.

Imagine being a new player and going from RE2 Remake to RE4 Remake. Guess Chris got lost somewhere in Europe.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It can't be RE4 folks.

I doubt Capcom would not want to make their acclaimed darling in-house.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Outsourcing RE4 would absolutely be a mistake. Hoping they never go that route. Game needs all the talent and dev time possible.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
If it is RE4 I'm fully expecting it to just be the village with the lab from the island tacked onto the end.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This place don traded on capcom already it's hilarious all because a game got a 80 meta
and I wonder how many reviewed it down just because it was similar to RE2 Remake. Because im sure the game would get even higher score if RE2 didn't happen and we would had just got the third game

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's something I don't care about like Dino Crisis or Onimusha, I need the REmake 2 Team on my Code Veronica REmake.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Does RE4 even need a remake? It might be a Re-Remake of 1--I do remember the devs saying they were not opposed to the idea.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Didn't Dusk say earlier that M-Two are the lead on 2022's RE game?

A large scale Resident Evil remake that isn't Code Veronica. Sounds like RE4 to me, though that might just be wishful thinking.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Actually I wouldn't mind turning Umbrella Chronicles Europe content into a full-on RE game. I wonder if that would count as a remake, though.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I'll say this: It's not a rumor, it's true (if you believe me), it'll be Capcom's 2022 game (if all works out). I know what it is, but I promised I wouldn't speak in detail about this for a few more months.

It's not Code Veronica or Dino Crisis remake though, I'll crush those dreams right now.

Operation Raccoon City?! YES!!!!

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Dying to know what this is.

Also, this... for the longest time I have thought Revelations 3, but why would that confuse anyone? It wouldn't be a direct sequel to RE2R/RE3R could it?

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol, and people thought that Capcom should "learn a lesson" of not working with outsource studios after re3.

That said, upgrading a support studio to a full developer rarely result in more quality. Look at grezzo.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly am not sure how you would go about remaking RE4 without massively f#$@ing it up. For one thing, it would take a ridiculous amount of time, money, and resources to include everything that was in that game which it likely will not recieve. The other thing is if you modernize the controls, you will basically have to redesign every encounter, bossfight and area in the game. I don't think I want that.