• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
The series is set to adapt The Last Ronin, which is the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles five-issue miniseries from IDW Publishing. The comic series is set to release later this year.

In a future New York City far different from the one we know today, a lone surviving Turtle goes on a seemingly hopeless mission to obtain justice for his fallen family and friends.

www.thecinemaspot.com

Exclusive: Live-Action 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Series in the Works at CBS All Access | The Cinema Spot

Exclusive: A new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series is in the works at CBS All Access!

Just a rumor. Not sure if this could be trusted.

Also, wasn't there already talks of rebooting the Michael Bay Turtles a few years ago with another live action movie series?

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
venus.jpg

Huh. So they're doing a Logan?

kroGsOY.jpg

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
CBS All Access?

notlikethis.gif

I'd be interested in seeing anything that gets put out (obviously), but Nickelodeon continues to flummox me regarding their feelings about the franchise. They put out maybe the best series ever with 2012, but Rise doesn't interest me and Nick seems allergic to video games.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, adapting a story that isn't even published yet.

I think it is like a Days of Future Past situation and in fact in the latest issue
they just brought back the time scepter

I have it in my pullbox at the local store so I am looking forward to it.

I hope it is Henson-esque costumes with minimal CGI.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Ok. I've been holding off for a while and I'm a straight up Trekkie, but if this is any good, I'll have no choice but to subscribe.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna need at least Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter, Krang, Slash, and the techno drome confirmed before I get excited.

Oh and the cajun crocodile.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Eastman already commented on these rumors days ago:

Sorry to ruin anyone's fun or excitement, but it seems unlikely unless something's changed the last few days.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds incredibly unlikely, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

^Hah, yeah. It'd be ridiculous.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I never heard of this site and this idea sounds very bad

Like why make a TMNT tv show with JUST ONE TURTLE

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Make a damn live action movie with Jim Henson studios doing the Turtles suits.

Make it darker, more in line with the tone of the 1990 movie.

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
It's been rumored that Henson was very unhappy with the amount of violence in the first movie, hence why differnent suits were used for the second and third movies.
I thought Jim Henson did the suits for both the first and the second movie. Because the quality of the suits was identical for both movies. Unlike the 3rd movies worse suits.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going through the 2012 show again, planning on continuing where I left off with IDW (vol 12 was my last) and been itching to make a thread detailing how fucking amazing that 2012 series is/was and that the only thing that may top it is an IDW adaption with as much care put into it as that 2012 series.

I finally pulled the trigger on that artbook now that I'm back in turtle mode. Ciro Nieli really seemed to get TMNT and the regular collaborators had an eye for action and fight choreography.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm going through the 2012 show again, planning on continuing where I left off with IDW (vol 12 was my last) and been itching to make a thread detailing how fucking amazing that 2012 series is/was and that the only thing that may top it is an IDW adaption with as much care put into it as that 2012 series.

I finally pulled the trigger on that artbook now that I'm back in turtle mode. Ciro Nieli really seemed to get TMNT and the regular collaborators had an eye for action and fight choreography.
Yeah the 2012 series is peak. There were fights in that show where the turtles were clearly out for blood.

The IDW series is fantastic too, despite having inconsistent art. The arc where Leo was brainwashed into being Shredder's second in command was amazing.

Heck I just bought a copy of the Platinum game on eBay, because fuck if there are any other ones to play at this juncture.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the 2012 series is peak. There were fights in that show where the turtles were clearly out for blood.

The IDW series is fantastic too, despite having inconsistent art. The arc where Leo was brainwashed into being Shredder's second in command was amazing.

Heck I just bought a copy of the Platinum game on eBay, because fuck if there are any other ones to play at this juncture.
I have a 10 and 5 year old so I may have to boot up OotS for the couch co-op arcade mode. Didn't mind that game. Just wish the presentation matched the show.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Oh word?!

*sees CBS All-Access*

FUCK.

Nevermind, thank god. Still would like a new show aimed at older audiences, soon.

Last edited:

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be all for this but I also find it HIGHLY unlikely adapting that storyline. But man I'd love to be wrong. It could be so cool.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017

Sorry to ruin anyone's fun or excitement, but it seems unlikely unless something's changed the last few days.

Ah. Should have read the rest of the thread before posting but this is what I figured.

Any recommendations on where to start with the IDW comics? Or should I just start from the beginning?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Ah. Should have read the rest of the thread before posting but this is what I figured.

Any recommendations on where to start with the IDW comics? Or should I just start from the beginning?
Just start from the beginning. It does interesting things with the lore off the bat. The hardcover collections are wonderful because they include all miniseries and one offs and put them in story order along with the main series.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
IDW is also putting out a two collection series of the short-lived Image comics run. It only got 23 issues before it got cancelled, but they got the original writer and artist back to create three final issues to finish the storyline. It's quite violent and does a lot of controversial things with the characters (because Image), but there are some interesting ideas hidden in there. The first volume is out already and the second comes out next year. I think I still have all the issues of the original run in my closet somewhere.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017

Good. This would have been awful. And a terrible spot to throw the show too. Nickelodeon has been buddy-buddy with Netflix lately, anyway. That would have made way more sense that CB-fuckin-S All Access.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This would totally involve Alex Kurtzman in some way and I would absolutely hate it, I just know it. Thank God it's fake.