• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not at liberty to discuss this but the picture being painted here isn't accurate.

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Activision are way way worse then EA but somehow EA seems to get all the media and attention.

I don't really know how they get away with it.

Here's how they do it.

Dont have any micro-transactions at all in the release version of the game that gets reviewed.
Then when all the kids bought it release the clown costumes and 10 dollar red dot's

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
They are gonna add them after the game releases to avoid the negative reviews.
Of course, but CoD have a 6 months life, probably 3 on PC, and with this shit of having OP weapons in random lootbox, then the game will not past one month.

Such a waste since the game, from the beta, already had TONS of issues on his own, with this MTX crap it become a never buy for me.

Too bad since the movement system and gunplay are good but that's it.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Sad if true. Sounds like Infinity Ward wanted to do it right for its players, but Activision was like fuck that shit.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
User Warned - Antagonizing another member
I'm not at liberty to discuss this but the picture being painted here isn't accurate.
Isn't accurate in the same way the survival mode is "just 1%" of the game?

We know how you operate with those things, maybe there will not be MTX at D1 but they will come, oh if they will come... and they are going to be bad.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Just reiterating that the weapons will 100% be OP, hard to get at first, then at the 65-75% mark at the end of the game's lifecycle they will have boxes that guarantee you 1 of the said OP weapons.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
So as an Xbox player I don't get access to Survival Mode, and now a credible leaker is telling me they're adding weapons into loot boxes just like in BO4? I'm sure they're also be ridiculously OP when they first drop into the crates, and then after a few weeks will be tuned down because the developers "listened to feedback."

Yeah, fuck this. Activision has earned zero goodwill.

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like I will still need to take a wait and see with this CoD title. I have bought way too many of them at launch and felt burned afterwards. I am sucker for good FPS fun with my buds even if it is just for a month or two then I move on to a different game.

Oct 25, 2017
Activision are way way worse then EA but somehow EA seems to get all the media and attention.

I don't really know how they get away with it.

Well discounting Black Ops 4 because Treyarch didn't give a shit about weapon balance at all...

Call of Duty has loot box weapons that are typically balanced vs what is already in the game,

the Battlefront BS was loot box perks that were literally "Shoot 25% more accurately" "reload 50% faster"

thats a huge difference.
However that wasn't the case with Black Ops 4 and literally every lootbox weapon was the most overpowered weapon in the history of the franchise and Treyarch didn't bother to patch them for months.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
You're not at liberty?
Do we have to unlock you from one of Activision's lootboxes?

Solid burn, lol.

I know your getting unfriendly responses but from what your saying it seems like this is better set as a "wait and see" approach over getting angry now.

Yes. There are teams in place who are responsible for making sure this stuff is communicated clearly to you guys. That team is not mine.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I will be out if this is true and I was extremely excited for this game.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Solid burn, lol.

Yes. There are teams in place who are responsible for making sure this stuff is communicated clearly to you guys. That team is not mine.
I just wanna say that I think the game is quite good from what I've played of the beta, and it would suck if there were weapons you could only get from paying real money for them. I honestly want to like the game but that stuff makes it very hard to do so.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand how you can bring one of the most famous titles back to form, loved for it by the community, and push for crossplay.... And then fuck it right up with exclusivity and now MTX if true.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
So not just gun cosmetics but actual guns to use in game? I've been out since mw2 so I dont know how it's been with the series. Really like what I played in the beta and was gonna hop in day one, but uhhhh if that's the case...

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Solid burn, lol.

I'm sure that they want to control the message, it's the normal thing.

But to be honest, either they start explaining it fast or the image will get really ugly. The Modern Warfare subreddit, for example, is already with their pitchforks. Even the PS4 exclusivity with the Survival stuff is starting to get unnoticed in comparison.

Oct 25, 2017
This is news? Did anyone actually expect them to change their MTX approach? Definitely sucks but I've been taken by the promises of "this one will be different" too many times to buy into it now.

The pattern is the same every year, it comes out with not much MTX anything, long enough to get all the positive buzz, and then the monetization gets more and more intrusive as time goes on. I hate it as much as anyone but let's not pretend this hasn't been happening for years.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
That's encouraging to hear. Will wait for the official details.
Here's the thing: Activision and its developers never detail how they implement microtransactions, they just add them without warning. The first month or so there's no microtransactions at all, then they add some stuff which isn't that scummy (cosmetic only Supply Drops, cosmetic only direct purchases and cosmetic only battle pass for example) and then after 4 months or so they add the scummy shit.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

They were swimming in the money they got from supply boxes from the previous games. You know they're putting weapons in there again. The OP weapons there are the main things people chase after. Activision doesn't even care about everyone roasting them on youtube or in articles. They just want to avoid negative reviews at launch so they'll play things down until November or December.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
We all let them get away with it, so why not? We have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Why don't you all start a Battlefront 2 type backlash?

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly if loot boxes gets banned for real companies like EA, Activision, Take2 would no longer know what to do with their games.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
At this point, Activision makes the EA look like a good guy.

This had the potential to be the best CoD and one of the best FPS game ever made but they basically ruined it in 24 hrs for me. Oh, and I really like Taylor Kurasaki but him saying Survival mode is only the %1 of the game is not helping it.

giphy.gif

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't it just be previous weapons but with skins on them? Say you prestige, you're on a lower level and haven't unlocked all guns yet, and then you get the AK47 but with a gold skin in a lootbox, and you can now use it without having to unlock it. If this is the case, it won't really change anything.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Still in.

Do the guns in lootboxes bother me? Yes, but it's been that way since Advanced Warfare, and I feel they haven't really impacted my play experience in those 5(!) years, so it's not enough to keep me from buying it.

Couldn't it just be previous weapons but with skins on them? Say you prestige, you're on a lower level and haven't unlocked all guns yet, and then you get the AK47 but with a gold skin in a lootbox, and you can now use it without having to unlock it. If this is the case, it won't really change anything.
They already have that with prestige tokens though, where you get a free permanent unlock of your choice after prestiging.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still in.

Do the guns in lootboxes bother me? Yes, but it's been that way since Advanced Warfare, and I feel they haven't really impacted my play experience in those 5(!) years, so it's not enough to keep me from buying it.

They already have that with prestige tokens though, where you get a free permanent unlock of your choice after prestiging.

But this would be it with the skin. The skin is what you unlock, but you get the gun while doing it.

Sly

May 11, 2018
It saddens me that people fall for their marketing so easily. "No season pass", "all maps will be free for everyone", etc. is what Activision shouts at us and so many people keep bringing that up again and again and say how great MW will be because of this and how Activision has changed.

But not many people seem to think ahead a bit. If there is no more season pass or map packs then how will Activision make back the money they don't make because of that and even increase their earings? And mind you the previous games already have an insane amount of MTX and BO4 has pretty much every type of MTX there is. How will they increase their post-sales revenue?

If you really want to get an idea of how bad it will probably be(come) in MW just look at how Activision gradually introduced more and more MTX to BO4 and made them more and more predatory and pay-to-win.

I bet Activision will do what they have done with past titles as well: Not have any or only "fair" MTX at launch (in BO4 there was not even a way to spend your CoD Points (in-game currency) that you got with certain editions of that game until some weeks after launch) and about a month or two later when most people have bought the game and reviews have long been published start showing your true colors. It's been that way for years now and somehow people still seem to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm certain MW will be no exception to that practice.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Well this was the first CoD I was considering buying since BO3, but I'm not interested enough to be willing to put up with this shit.

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully the launch has few server errors and you get to enjoy the game before the updates ruin it like Black Ops 4. That was a great launch, honestly.

WWII had an awful launch, but that game was actually improved with updates. Who knows at this point.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
If it's like Battlefield 4's Battlepacks where you can unlock weapons and attachments early but also earn everything through normal progression than I'd be fine with it.

If it's like Black Ops 4 and they add real money DLC weapons that one hit kill you in the leg then they can fuck right off into the sun.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
It's COD. Much like NBA2K they do whatever they feel like because they know their audience. We can bitch and moan until we are blue in the face COD will still end up number 1 this year unless there is a new stealth Rockstar release.