• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Why on earth would Mass Effect show up? You'd think EA would have used it for their own severely lacking show if they wanted to show that.
For real, why would Microsoft give time to a slightly cleaned up Xbox 360 series in their next gen games show.

There are plenty of reasons. It's a very relevant franchise with a story on the Microsoft consoles. Moreover, we know that, by definition, this show won't be focused solely on next-gen games as there will be plenty of cross-gen. A ME trilogy could fit that. Although of course, it depends of what this trilogy will be. If it's a by the numbers approach than it makes no sense to show it now indeed. In fact, it makes no sense to make it in the first place.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I understand the disappointment, but not quite the "What is going on!?" sentiments.

It was only revealed a year ago. Going a year without info on a game is pretty common (though less so for FROM).

I'm probably skewed though because I'm also a Final Fantasy fan lol.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand the disappointment, but not quite the "What is going on!?" sentiments.

It was only revealed a year ago. Going a year without info on a game is pretty common (though less so for FROM).

I'm probably skewed though because I'm also a Final Fantasy fan lol.
Its because its a FROM game. I dont recall them ever being quiet for this long after announcing a game. The fanbase isn't used to it.

Mr. Shakedown

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I'm guessing Elden Ring is next-gen only now and that's why we haven't seen anything. It was previously announced for PS4, PC, and Xbox One with the assumption that it would likely be cross-gen and / or receive upgrade patches when PS5 and Series X launch. But similar to RE8 they either had problems with the game on current gen or just decided to give it an overhaul to make the best game they can with shiny new tech.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Well, that sucks.
I wonder what other Japanese games could show up there. Probably Yakuza, Tales?
I doubt FFXVI gets announced yet, but that would be great.

Oct 25, 2017
I saw Hidetaka Miyazaki at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
How do you know whether GRRM was involved in Elden Ring?

When it's been announced eons ago and without a release date.

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: Console warring; trying to stir up drama
I'm just here for the thinly veiled console warrior posts claiming that Elden Ring was the only thing they were interested in and now they have no reason to watch the Xbox Showcase.

Wasn't expecting it. Not surprising.

Jul 10, 2020
I wrote this elsewhere, but if what the grubbinator speaks is true, I am seriously curious what the Japanese games at the show case will be. . Tales of Arise has been delayed indefinitely so maybe FFXIV? So maybe those two? There has to be more than that. So if not Elden Ring then what? Arthur Giess says Capcom is gonna be there so that means no Pragmata or RE8 as Sony has the marketing to those.

The numbers JEFF GRUBB what do they mean?!

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
Man my interest in the conference got a bit low now, I was very interested in that game more than anything known so far.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even need to see gameplay. Just give me another cinematic trailer. Please.

I cannot keep watching to old one over and over like this.
t
b
u
r
n
s

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I was under the assumption this was a 1st party-focused event. I'd be more interested if there's 3rd party stuff, but I'm very curious about Microsoft's teams.

In any case, oohhhh Elden Ring.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
oh disappointing. The game/setting/RR involvement has made me really curious about the game. Hopefully we will see more of it later this year

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
What other japanese game studio could they be talking about? Better not be licensed anime shovelware...

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Happy to hear this.
Event is billed as a first party / XGS publishing showcase. a multiplatform game with no exclusivity doesn't do much to push your console.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Didn't even know there was supposed to be 3rd party games in this event. Anyways, this is crazy if it doesn't even show up again this year. I know there is a pandemic issue going on but that didn't stop others from making trailers.