• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Posting those pictures on facebook publicly is probably the worst thing he can do. At least he could have hide his identity and post somewhere on 4chan or reddit? I mean he could be sued over this and get huge fine right?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Putting the monitor on top was genius, reminds me of this
latest
R.I.P. X-Con Quantum Tunnel Van

Thanos took you away from us too soon.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'll go on a limb and deduce his full name is Patrick Guay. Sounds very French Canadian. And which big company starting in U is well-established in that region, I wonder?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Damn, if you're going to lose the job at least do it with a bang taking pictures of a game running on that thing.

(Hopefully he doesn't or he doesn't need the job)

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Please do not share this."

Buddy, if you didn't want people to share it, you shouldn't have put it on your damn Facebook.

Pretty sure it's a fake account of some sort. Even the reddit account that posted that is new. Or maybe it's a guy that decided to share with friends and their friends fucked him up. xD

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that part is definitely unreadable, but the first devkit image from mid october had this:
hqdefault.jpg

"prototype 1 not for sale"
our cleaner friend is also using prototype 1.
Gotcha, thanks.

The more i look at it..
That dev kit is huge as fuck. Im sure the final design will be smaller.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't that Dual Shock have any markings on it? No PS symbol on the button in the middle, no triangle, square etc. It's all just solid black. That PS4 dev kit leaked had a prototype controller but it had everything labeled except for the Share and Options buttons.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Queue the RROD/Towel jokes.

If legit, it's nice to see close up pics. Really wish consoles had a display screen like that built in.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Why doesn't that Dual Shock have any markings on it? No PS symbol on the button in the middle, no triangle, square etc. It's all just solid black. That PS4 dev kit leaked had a prototype controller but it had everything labeled except for the Share and Options buttons.
that PS4 devkit was a later one. this one is a few months old, since october the latest, probably older than that.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Please do not share this.. he says, whilst posting on a social media website designed to share everything with everyone.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Really hoping he used a fake account or it would be extremely easy to figure out who he is (and he would just lose his job).

Im more interested in the controller, which looks like a chunky boy version of the DualShock 4.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
[Mod Edit: Link was removed]

Update: Was referencing something else unrelated.

Last edited by a moderator:

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Are you people really now looking into the man's possible employer ?
Ffs. Not only I find that disrespectful to share that picture with a name barely hidden, this is getting into stalking territories.

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
Man, Sony can't be stupid enough to release a PS5 that looks anywhere close to the dev kit, right? That v shaped abomination might be the ugliest console I have ever seen. It is HIDEOUS. The Xbox Series X, on the other hand, looks like pure sex. Such a gorgeous design.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Man, Sony can't be stupid enough to release a PS5 that looks anywhere close to the dev kit, right? That v shaped abomination might be the ugliest console I have ever seen. It is HIDEOUS. The Xbox Series X, on the other hand, looks like pure sex. Such a gorgeous design.
It's a devkit. It's not made to be beautiful, just functional. If Sony releases the V shape design for PS5, it won't be like this.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In that new picture; is that blue text indicating that there is a display on the front right of the dev kit?