• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Also, when it comes to console design, Microsoft has the best and most talented Product designers in the biz. The Xbox One S is still the best looking console if you ask me. I wish that Sony would take more notice on subtle and clean design like team Xbox did with its last two consoles. My favorite PS5 mock up is this one:

Beautiful, clean and modern. I would make some changes, of course, like remove the "PS" logo on the corner (unnecessary), etc.

I agree. One of the few "concepts" that actually is well made.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
If Sony has balls they'll release the actual console with a design like that

This rectangular box design we've been getting for the last 5 gens is so stale now

We need the PS5 to be the Cybertruck of the console world

If the Nextbox is a slab of plastic but the PS5 has this insane design, Sony will crush the upcoming gen imo
It shouldnt be about being "flashy" and more like play games and not sound like a jet engine 1 year after use.

MS had the perfect execution with the xbox 1x. It literally just needs to be a rectangular thing with proper cooling. We dont need some weird shit with crap cooling from Sony. Thanks. They've had their go since ps3. Enough with that.

Also they need to make the PSU external ffs. Shit adds to thermals of the unit. I dont care if I need to use a block. Do it

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
It's a really ugly design, but its a devkit so nothing to judge here really in terms of design.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Not much new here except for the controller. Hopefully this means we'll be getting more substantial leaks not too long from now.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The DS5 ought to be made from a gripping rubber-like material so it wouldn't slide off every surface.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
As long as it works, I really don't care what the hell it looks like. With digital gaming getting more popular, who even looks at the console anymore?

That controller on the other hand... no thanks.

Deleted member 18192

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, when it comes to console design, Microsoft has the best and most talented Product designers in the biz. The Xbox One S is still the best looking console if you ask me. I wish that Sony would take more notice on subtle and clean design like team Xbox did with its last two consoles. My favorite PS5 mock up is this one:

Beautiful, clean and modern. I would make some changes, of course, like remove the "PS" logo on the corner (unnecessary), etc.

Modern?? That looks 80s as hell

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
There's absolutely no point in speculating what the retail version will look like based just on that dev kit. The dev kit is designed to be stacked and still get decent airflow. That's why it looks like that. So don't expect the retail unit to look anything remotely like that. I'm so sick of all the shit I see on Facebook from gaming pages saying PS5 DESIGN LEAKED OMG!!!1. A company known for having somewhat iconic and sleek designs for their consoles isn't going to release something like that to the public. Who the fuck would want THAT in their entertainment center? We're long past the days when game consoles look like outlandish toys.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017

Can stick in a bunch of our PS4 games and it will install them one by one... like those old cd changers.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Couple takeaways from these photos...

• The two systems on the right are PS4 dev kits.
• If that is a PS5 controller, then it is backwards compatible, because it is plugged into a PS4 dev kit.
• That looks like a public test location, based on the desk setup.

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Again. Don't anticipate the consumer hardware to look ANYTHING like this. That cooling solution is designed to allow them to be stacked in close quarters.