• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Don't get my hopes up. Her and Kanan were some of my favorite characters.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
And chopper will be the baby Yoda of the show, makes perfect sense !

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Cara Duna's character is a complete nothing. She could have appeared in that one episode and never shown up again like so many one-shot characters, now she just appears to make up some numbers. Replacing her with a character that actually has history and connections to people is a massive upgrade.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be really on board with Hera taking the spotlight. She's one of my favourite characters in SW and the more we get of her the happier I'll be.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they don't go that route, I just finished watching The Expanse. I vote for Frankie Adams. She certainly has the physicality needed and is a far better actress than Carano.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
embrace the green

maxresdefault.jpg

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
I think that would be WAY better. More attachment to Hera's character and would love to see what stuff she was doing around this era.

Oct 25, 2017
Would be cool if the tentacle whatevers don't look like wrinkly foam like Ashoka's.

But the real question is, who were the dumbasses at Lucasfilm who greenlit a lead role for shitty nothing character Cara Dune? Even without the worst actor in the history of the franchise portraying her, man was she boring as fuck.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
The rumor is that the character will be making a live action debut in Rangers. The question asked by the article is if she'll be replacing Cara Dune's character. The writer of the article is just idly speculating after they got a tip that Hera will appear in live action in some way. The title of this thread mischaracterizes the contents of the article.

As long as she's completely rewritten I guess it would be cool. I wouldn't want Hera playing the role of Cara.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
We don't even have it confirmed that Cara was going to be on the show. We know she was getting A show but this sounds like speculation.

I'm down for it but I'd rather they don't shoe horn her in as a replacement for a fascist.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Would be cool if the tentacle whatevers don't look like wrinkly foam like Ashoka's.

But the real question is, who were the dumbasses at Lucasfilm who greenlit a lead role for shitty nothing character Cara Dune? Even without the worst actor in the history of the franchise portraying her, man was she boring as fuck.
It's not the first time higher ups try to force an unnecessary spin off of a successful show
There's millions of backdoor pilots that never came to fruition because the audience didn't give a shit
Plus i bet they thought Disney Plus needs content

I think Cara Dune was a popular or at least well liked character so they thought why not money

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I know an actress who looks like her AND sounds like her:

images

1200px-5_Vanessa_Marshall_Headshot.jpg

(Vanessa Marshall, voice of Hera)

Last edited:

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
Well, wasn't planning to check the Ranger's show (too much SW is never a good thing).
But if Hera indeed becomes a focus character there, I would have to reevaluate that assessment.

Having 2 female aliens (with somewhat similar head features) fronting two SW shows in tandem, would likely dissuade Disney - too confusing for casual audience.
But if they can pull it off, that might be a winning formula.

Last edited:

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
This sure feels like folks trying to wish some fancasting into existence 🤔

Anywho, i'm unsure if Lucasfilm really wants two shows with "weird tentacle hat prosthetic wearing protagonists with painted skin" at the same time.

484df9478bfdcae6d22b2ea6c34643c7.jpg

latest

Also, has any live action Twi'Lek ever looked good?

74463.png

edit: haha Razgriz-Specter - good post! but i still think they all look silly. 😅 - especially in movement.

The mando makeup team really needs to fix Ahsoka's headpiece too. Disney could spend just a bit more money to make her headpiece not look like a foam prop that was quickly spray painted.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that's one way to get me interested in a show I previously couldn't have cared less for.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
oh yes please, Hera's far better than Poochie. She's a great character, tbh <3

and I loved her relationship with Kanan. They were among the best things in the entire show.

Fuck. RIP Kanan Jarrus, Jedi Master :'(

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Is there a larger possible upgrade?
Um... hmm... No?

Hera is legit one of the best characters to come from the animated shows, so I'm all for her making the jump to a live action one. She was also a selling point for Star Wars Squadrons, of course.

Chopper, of course, already made his movie debut. He's in Rogue One.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
My headcanon still is that Chopper is essentially HK-47's CPU/core/memory banks/whatever, retrofitted into an Astromech droid.

"That was a close one. I almost surrendered completely to peace and pacifism. How repugnant."

"Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"

"Query: Can I kill him now, master? I would like ever so much to crush his neck, just a little. It is a long-time fantasy of mine."