• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
Better off just quoting a random tweet compared to colteastwood. Such a terrible source

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
Beta will be a good way to stop ppl shiting on it, If part ppl dont like some part they can away say "its just a beta it be fix later"

MS worry about not have Halo out before Xmas bad or not they willing to rick the headlines

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
A beta soon seems like a pretty safe bet, and Halo used to come out in September all the time. Anyone could make these predictions, lol.

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Anyone remember how awful Halo 5 trimmed enemy FPS down to 30 when they were like 10 feet away from you? Yeah, it will be like that too.

And not even One X or Series X patches could fix that.
We just don't know yet.
Halo Infinite engine is almost entirely re-done and different compared to the H5 one

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Not to mention he's very much a toxic fanboy

No kidding. The guy is a major ass. Just watch him interact with anyone who doesn't agree with him.

Anyone remember how awful Halo 5 trimmed enemy FPS down to 30 when they were like 10 feet away from you? Yeah, it will be like that too.

Different engine entirely. We have no idea how well this new engine will do.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Have a hard time believing anything from this "source", because multiple people say he is a problematic fanboy and doesn't really have a track record other than lucky guesses. This seems just like an other case of people playing "Insider", which is something that happens at an increased rate, especially prior to events like E3.

Honestly dude even after googling I don't know what that means. Most of my friends gave warzone a shot when we realized they didn't make BTB maps and then quit in 2016.

I think what's happening in your conversation with DukeBlueBall is that he means CoD's Warzone and you mean Halo 5's Warzone.

It would be bad for Halo to be released this year. Not because we don't want it, but releasing a game 8 month after the director of the game quits? Sounds bad, don't kill Halo rushing it to meet a deadline. I really want it to be good

Where are your 8 months from, because the news about Chris Lee leaving broke on October 28th 2020? Joe Staten supposedely took control of the entire thing back in August 2020 and 343i also pushed Infinite to a Fall 2021 release, which is anything between 11-13 and not 8 months after Chris Lee left.

Don't think this matters anyways, because the purpose of Joe Staten wasn't to completely rewrite the game, but to further improve certain aspects of the game and to oversee/provide guidance on the development. We also know that the Campaign must have been fairly content complete by the time that Joe Staten joined, because this is what he said back in the December Inside Infinite post:

My first week on the job, I played the entire Infinite campaign. Twice. I was, in a word, stunned—in the best possible way—by what the team had done. Infinite is, by far, the most expansive and vertical Halo world, ever. Why did the team do this? Because they understand that wonder and freedom are key to the Halo experience.

I could feel the classic Halo "30 seconds of fun" beating at the heart of Infinite's world. But I had never felt more powerful, more mobile, more in command of a rich set of tactical choices. This was the Halo we imagined back in 2000, finally come to life, after 20 years of technical and creative innovation.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
There is no lootboxes, so expect the MTX to be strictly cosmetics this go around.

F2P games with MTX that directly impacts gameplay is DOA in this day and age.

Those things are not related. Lootboxes doesn't mean that there will be p2w and no lootboxes doesnt mean that there won't be. Either way halo is not gonna have p2w.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Halo Battlefield. Battlefield gamepass rumours. Insiders got it wrong. Halo drops day one on gamepass offcourse and has Battlefield esque mode

200.gif

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'd love to believe this, and genuinely loving Colt's enthusiasm for Xbox (even if sometimes fanboyish), I just don't believe it.

Jssom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Well, that kinda happened tho.
Currently 90% of multiplatform games run better on XSX compared to PS5 while the rest of 10% run equal, reversing the initial launch situation thanks to newer SDK landed to devs (and obviously more powerful hardware under the hood).
It's just not 20-50% better (yet).

But I would stop right there to avoid console warring.
Let's keep talking about Halo

VnQ2CNW.gif

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
If the source isn't reputable, might it be best to close this thread until someone more reliable corroborates this rumor?

This_Dude

Nov 23, 2020
Throw us all in a time machine and dump us out prior to original Halo's release on the OG Xbox. That's what we all want, that kind of revolutionary moment for console shooters. Time machine is the only way we'll get that feeling from Halo again.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Actual reliable insiders said the demo was just multiplayer focused so I don't believe this. Also combining classic BTB, Battlefield and Battle Royale into a mode makes no sense those things are somewhat mutually exclusive to one another it's a shit description.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017

If they did that for the base xbox one, it would be a compromise. But I swear, if that shit is in again on other versions.. Halo 5 was fake 60 fps, the enemies looked like they were moving at 10fps when it was beyond 5 meters or so.

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Some insider pop in here and give us the real details pls.
colt is reiterating here that he basically knows exactly what Microsoft is gonna show for most of the conference (Min 44:10):

"I feel like I know what's gonna happen in most of the show"

I really don't know what to think about him at this point.

We really need other Insiders' pov about this.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
youtu.be

4K 60FPS — Official Xbox Games Showcase — Full Show [ENGLISH]

Watch the new look at #HaloInfinite campaign and much, much more in 4K 60FPS 🎮🤯Subscribe to Xbox 🎮 https://xbx.lv/2EEjmaRLearn more about #XboxSeriesX htt...

Plus all the other examples listed above.

They very literally kept saying this.

you linked the 60 min video instead of time stamping the quote that was supposedly said.

look, the slip space engine being called a technical powerhouse is different from the game being an example of what the series x is capable of when the game has to run on a fucking xbox one too lol. anyone who truly thought that this was going to be the series x power showcase is living in a fantasy world

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
you linked the 60 min video instead of time stamping the quote that was supposedly said.

look, the slip space engine being called a technical powerhouse is different from the game being an example of what the series x is capable of when the game has to run on a fucking xbox one too lol. anyone who truly thought that this was going to be the series x power showcase is living in a fantasy world
Min 11:50

Chris Lee literally stated:

"Halo Infinite was build from the ground up to take fully advantage of Xbox Series X"

From there the failed expectations.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
colt is reiterating here that he basically knows exactly what Microsoft is gonna show for most of the conference (Min 44:10):

"I feel like I know what's gonna happen in most of the show"

I really don't know what to think about him at this point.

We really need other Insiders' pov about this.

Does he have any sort of track record or is this just based on the fact that he has a 100k sub youtube channel?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think so called insiders are getting to a bit of a joke now or people just wish listing their guesses and hopes which get turned into insider says!

I don't mind a bit of fun speculation, guesses and wishes but I've really soured on a lot of the rumours and insider chat.

Shinobi is basically a friendly tease, excitement and nipping falsehoods more or less from my memory which is fine because it's fun and honest, toeing the line.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hope some real insiders dont spoil stuff so close to E3 or like a hour before the show. Wich happens alot of times. Wich sucks. Last year it was Avowed

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hope some real insiders dont spoil stuff so close to E3 or like a hour before the show. Wich happens alot of times. Wich sucks. Last year it was Avowed

Yeah, it sucks that people can't just wait. I'm going to bookmark the live streaming thread and not look elsewhere on the day.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Just saw this thread, beyond 343 putting it to bed. This thread ended at "Colt Eastwood just stated".

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I hope they show something nice from the campaign. Don't care about PvP.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
He claims to have "sources close to Xbox Game Studios" and he's simply reporting what they say right now, but I don't know a lot about its past records honestly
Ok so it doesn't make sense that this topic hasn't been closed yet, this guys seems to have no credibility.

Unless some mods have some insider info about this 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Dec 21, 2018
Didn't MS announce that Halo Infinite is the foundation for all Halo FPS singleplayer experiences in the coming years?

They did. Maybe the Xbox One limitations are not baked into platform, it could be once dropped then they utilize the SSD, RAM and CPU of the Series boxes and then we see what the Slipspace engine can really do.

Oct 26, 2017
Was expecting October/November for a release date, but they're probably positioned to release it in September. A lot of fans have been wanting a beta release right after E3, so that sounds more like a wish.

Dec 21, 2018
With the new systems how big do you think big team battles will be? I read a rumor of the next Battlefield supporting 128, do you think Halo would go in that direction and really up the player count?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

I linked the timestamp in both links.

But someone quoted the direct line already so you know what he said. It was a fantasy sold by Microsoft, 343 and by the announcement video. They had no one to blame but themselves.

Don't want people to think this will be the showcase for the Series X? Don't tell us it will.

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
I linked the timestamp in both links.

But someone quoted the direct line already so you know what he said. It was a fantasy sold by Microsoft, 343 and by the announcement video. They had no one to blame but themselves.
Sure, but they already did: Chris Lee was removed in favor of Joseph Staten and the game got 1 year delay instead of rushing it out of the door "ala Cyberpunk".
Other than this and saying sorry, there's nothing better they could have done so far.

Now they have just to re-reveal and release it properly.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
Man some of you guys are so jaded. Colt seems a good guy and I enjoy his content. I think he is someone who cares about his audience and would only state specifics like this if he is confident. He regularly interacts with Xbox employees on Twitter so I can imagine he has contacts within MS that may have some knowledge of the game and release plans.

A September release date is a lot earlier than I anticipated but makes sense to get out in front of Battlefield and COD. I might be connecting dots that aren't there but would tie into what Jeff Grubb was saying about 343 not having time to really work on much for E3 since they are pushing hard to release in September.

As for flights, I can see that happening in June. You would imagine they would use the insider program, but I could also see an open beta. The game will be free to play after all. I can't wait to try Infinite out!

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but they already did: Chris Lee was removed in favor of Joseph Staten and the game got 1 year delay instead of rushing it out of the door "ala Cyberpunk".
Other than this and saying sorry, there's nothing better they could have done so far.

Now they have just to re-reveal and release it properly.
Everything post the delay has been very welcomed and I'm super hyped for the game.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
  • An Halo Infinite Multiplayer "Demo" (or Public Beta more likely) will be released for everyone at the end of the show!

Impossible.