• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
PushSquare and every other gaming site is going to have a field day with this one. It doesn't mean anything. They registered this domain yonks ago. It's Rockstar's way of securing it for future use.

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
I remember a time when Rockstar used to make Midnight Club, Bully, Table Tennis and Manhunt as well. Now it seems they are just a 1 IP machine with maybe 1 other thrown in from time to time. Reminds me of Activision but I guess at the end of the day it's mostly about profits.

Really? In what way do they remind you of Activision exactly?

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
I just don't see the point in doing a gun massacre in the streets for example. But apparently that's what so fun about GTA. >.<

I don't mind violence if it's justified like in Godfather, Assassin's Creed etc.

giphy.gif

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for Vice City. Still my favourite GTA.
Yes this would be awesome. Again set in the 80s although the last couple of installments have been contemporary.

Of course I wouldn't mind Liberty City again. This time a hyper realistic version of NYC. As accurate as GTA4 it was still scaled down.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Always hard to tell with Rockstar because they overtime with their security measures.

Maeros

Dec 21, 2017
I knew the sarcasm would be flooding in. I shared mainly cause of Bully 2 rumors, and if any other big franchise (with obvious sequels) becomes confirmed it hardly ever gets as much jabs haha.

i appreciate the news man. It is obvious its being worked on but its still nice to see it with your own eyes. Assuming the dev did not maked a mistake.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I'm hoping for a 2020 release when the consoles come out.
Fully expect a cross gen game and have to pay for the updated version arriving a month or two later.
Oh and then pay again a year later for the pc version.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't see the point in doing a gun massacre in the streets for example. But apparently that's what so fun about GTA. >.<

I don't mind violence if it's justified like in Godfather, Assassin's Creed etc.
If you just want to experience the story then you can. That's how I've always played GTA.

The games don't force you to mow down pedestrians in the street. It's just something you can do because of the series sandbox like nature.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I want Max Payne though... :(

I'm currently nearing the end of RDR2 which is more or less tied with Witcher 3 as the best game I've played this gen, simply stunning. I guess I should be glad Rockstar are still making narrative driven games with ridiculous attention to detail.

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
Acronyms not capitalised, no roman numerals, no space in between GTA and 6.

Who would ever hire this guy?

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Poor guy, publishers hate these kind of leaks and usually do everything they can to blacklist the people that let is slip. It's not really surprising, but still nice to see progress is being made.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
The games don't force you to mow down pedestrians in the street. It's just something you can do because of the series sandbox like nature.

I started out thinking "You know what, actually, I've always kind of role-played these games and never done that"

Then I realised I always did after the single player was done, and I was just roaming.

Then I realised GTA V gave me the perfect character to do so as an excuse.

The definition of 'justified' here would have me questioning myself in real life. 'Narratively justified' I could see. 'Actually justified', not so much.

I dunno man. At some point we have to stop running away from the idea GTA games (or any game) encourage you to do things you wouldn't do in real life; and instead change the conversation to whether that's an issue in the first place.