• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
dintol.com

GTA 6 Has Been In The Works Since 2014 And Will Feature a Large Map At Launch; Leaker Revealed - Dintol

Chris Liberty shared in a fresh livestream revealing that GTA 6 is still early in development, as the game has been in pre-production since 2014 and will feature huge map at launch.

"Chris Liberty shared in a fresh livestream, as reported on Reddit, that it is not true that Grand Theft Auto 6 is still early in development, as the game has been in pre-production since 2014. The fact that the game is actually past the early-development phase was also suggested last week by another well-known insider."

"While Chris Liberty doesn't provide any information on his sources, he has proven in the past to be extremely reliable, as he revealed that Dan Houser was leaving Rockstar games before an official announcement was made, so there's a very high chance that the information he has provided regarding GTA 6 has some truth in it."

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I don't quite get why "a large map at launch" would be regarded as news for a GTA, am I missing something?

Edit: The other posts suggest I'm not!

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Schreier said GTA VI was still on early development and you're telling me the game has been in the works for 6 years?! Nah dawg.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Use the same 8 years it took RDR2 and might see something in 2022, then a delay until 2023.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
So we're just throwing away what Schreier said because some less credible sources said what we would rather hear?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this is BIG news

You telling me they started working on the new entry of the biggest franchise in games after the release of the last one? And said open world franchise, known for having huge maps, will have a huge map?

BIG IF TRUE

rare

Oct 25, 2017
same site lol
3232bb0506.png

and just to be clear, of course GTAVI has been in development for a good while now, but production in 2014? nah.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Large map??

Nope, this couldn't ever be true. I could never see Rockstar making a large map.

Also I will say the recent rumor swirling saying Rockstar just started on GTA VI production is certainly fake, it's absolutely been in production for a while now. Back to this rumor though, I feel 2014 just might be pushing it a bit.

Edit: I was referring to full on production when I mentioned 2014 pushing it. They were definitely in pre-production at that point.

Last edited:

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
I have no doubts most will be with me on my main complaints, what content is there to do right away? If it can't match GTA5 in it's current state don't care till it's about half as good in terms of content. Also don't screw up the single player for this game. You made promises either hire more or learn to be more effective.

For the money you milked GTA5 we deserve more.

Vehicle physics, damage and all that stuff felt like such a downgrade in V. Hopefully they can bring it back.

it's cause current gen cpus only offered so many actual increases over cell. We will be on ryzen 4900 from what is being said and that's huge upgrade in terms of cpu. Even older 3d consoles didn't enjoy the bump next gen games will be getting. What you mentioned is a typically a cpu related task, though you can leverage gpu for physics just takes way more effort and it lessens what else the gpu can do.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
So it's been in the works since GTAV was done? I don't believe that.

Also the large map part is probably fake. All GTAs have been very linear so far. I wonder if it'll have cars and guns. And thefts.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Why do we keep believing random insiders over Jason Schreier again

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Nah. The studio changed its philosophy and production pipeline after GTAV shipped in 2013 to have all their studios focus on one title and this was when Benzies was still there. Plus they increased their studios to absorb the outsourcing in India.

RDR2 began planning in 2010 but development didn't ramp up until 2013 with just small teams in North working on GTA online and the remaster. Dan Houser went on sabbatical shortly after RDR2 released after he finished work on some of the RDR online story content and is now no longer with the company.

So yeah, I'd wager GTAVI is still like 3 or 4 years out and still early in development. And I'd also take Jason's word over these random sites or youtubers lol