• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5457

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That logo is so generic you could make it in Photoshop in two minutes.

This way of thinking became the norm today...

Something being simple doesn't mean that it was easy to design. Quite contrary, simple design is almost always the result of iteration and lot of work.

It could be made in photoshop in five minutes, yes, but only when you know the end result and think retroactively. Audi or VW logos, what's that, just a few circles and two letters.... Right.

And what bugs me even more is that people expect iconic design solutions to change just for the sake of it.

PS5 logo was the same story and many before.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think it makes sense at launch, because PS5 will be sold out with less juggernaut exclusive. GT is a game for me you bring one year later holiday 2021 to get ready for christmas and black Friday.

I've heard people say this about basically every potential first-party game on the PS5. It's like people want Sony to be arrogant and complacent and think people will buy the PS5 with no games.

Sony has gone on the record saying they want a faster transition to next-gen. That means they're going to need to have pull out the big guns, especially since it seems like the PS5 is going to have a higher selling price than the PS4 did at launch.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
This way of thinking became the norm today...

Something being simple doesn't mean that it was easy to design. Quite contrary, simple design is almost always the result of iteration and lot of work.

And what bugs me even more is that people expect iconic design solutions to change just for the sake of it.

PS5 logo was the same story and many before.

And somehow people conveniently forgot that the PS4 logo was the same as the PS3 logo

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
FH4 has over 4 million active players and thats a lot. How many does GTS have?

You convincingly ignored that FH3 reached 10m players before being in gamepass. I don't want to argue forever about this. Fact is GT and FH are huge racing franchises.
I don't think it makes sense at launch, because PS5 will be sold out with less juggernaut exclusive. GT is a game for me you bring one year later holiday 2021 to get ready for christmas and black Friday.

If my memory serves me 10 Million is anyone who downloaded the beta/demo/fullgame. Microsoft and Sony both do different metrics. Sony is more traditional similar to steam-stats where you can legit look at how many people are actively playing the game.

Microsoft gives you a total number of people who have "played" the game. And that " Played" includes beta's/gamepass/purchased-installed across 2 platforms.

Oct 25, 2017

I don't disagree that you don't need a big game like GT7 at launch although Microsoft is following Nintendo's strategy in leading off with one of their best, but you also don't need one in the Fall either. Sony rarely released a big game past September this generation. 3rd parties carry the holidays season.

If GT7 is ready they are not going to sit on it for a year.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I've heard people say this about basically every potential first-party game on the PS5. It's like people want Sony to be arrogant and complacent and think people will buy the PS5 with no games.

Sony has gone on the record saying they want a faster transition to next-gen. That means they're going to need to have pull out the big guns, especially since it seems like the PS5 is going to have a higher selling price than the PS4 did at launch.
I think there are smaller games you can go with like the Demon Souls rumour. Maybe I'll eat crow, but I don't expect GT7 to be their at launch. Summer 2021 at the earliest.
Microsoft gives you a total number of people who have "played" the game. And that " Played" includes beta's/gamepass/purchased-installed across 2 platforms.
There is no proof for that. I don't even know why we need to downplay either GT or Forza here. Having these successful racing franchises is great for us gamers.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
FH4 has over 4 million active players and thats a lot. I don't think there are official numbers for monthly active GTS players.

You convincingly ignored that FH3 reached 10m players before being in gamepass. I don't want to argue forever about this. Fact is GT and FH are huge racing franchises.
FH3 was heavily bundled with Xbox consoles before it was on GP too.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
I think there are smaller games you can go with like the Demon Souls rumour. Maybe I'll eat crow, but I don't expect GT7 to be their at launch. Summer 2021 at the earliest.
There is no proof for that. I don't even know why we need to downplay either GT or Forza here. Having these successful racing franchises is great for us gamers.

I'm not down playing anything, someone in here literally said Forza is bigger than Gran Turismo and that simply is not true. Gran Turismo literally had an event that had like 40+ million people watching. It's huge.

Forza is big too. But brand wise GT is the bigger brand.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
I don't see anything in this OP about Forza. Why the fucking hell are people talking about Forza?

If GT7 is a launch game that will definitely be day 1 with my PS5 purchase.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

I mean, I get you, in the past my prediction was DeS and Ratchet. But I think GT7 is likely to be a service game that gets updated throughout the generation, so I don't think it would be clipping its wings to make it a launch title to the same extent as it would be with something like, say, Uncharted.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
All real Europeans know that Gran Turismo and Pro Evolution Soccer are bigger brands than Foza and Fifa...

Edit: The above was very much meant as a tongue in cheek comment on the whole real/fake European messages in the thread...

Last edited:

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Give me 500 + vehicles

Full VR support

Option to play entire campaign races online.

Though I'd be happy with them just returning to GT5/6 full day and night lighting.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I mean, I get you, in the past my prediction was DeS and Ratchet. But I think GT7 is likely to be a service game that gets updated throughout the generation, so I don't think it would be clipping its wings to make it a launch title to the same extent as it would be with something like, say, Uncharted.
Agree a game like Uncharted would be worse than a game as a service like potentially GT7. If they continue their GTS approach.

Forza Horizon 3 is not on Game Pass at all.
I was pretty sure. My bad then.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
GT7 is coming on PS5 for sure. It will not be in 2020 imo. I no longer but my chips in the optimistic pile for a developer that failed to announce a release date for GT5 while people were steaming copies of the game they got from stores in Eastern Europe. Also the follow up came on the previous gen console after the launch of the next gen console. Then they released a bare bones full price game on PS4, had to immediately permanently discount it and add free content to it for two+ years straight to get it worth the original $60.

I will buy a PS5, I will buy whatever GT game drops on it, I will play the shit out of it like every other GT game, but I will not get my hopes up for it being a launch title. I would be thrilled to be proven wrong.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
GT7 will be Sport with more cars and tracks and single player closer to old GT. Probably didn't take that long to make.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Very slick logo. GT7 as a launch window title would be awesome, especially if it's next gen only and can act as a graphical and tech showcase of sorts. Hopefully it isn't fake.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
What are the chances that GT7's development started before GT Sport ?

Like we saw with GT5 and GT5 Prologue?

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it. PD getting their shit together for a timely release is not something I would ever expect.

Unless GT Sport was half assed for a reason (like they were mainly working on GT7 since GT6).

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
GT7 will be Sport with more cars and tracks and single player closer to old GT. Probably didn't take that long to make.

This is my guess too.
Bring back the Pokecar aspect call it A Spec.
Keep Sports as a separated online mode.
Use the same content with a few extras.
Go cross gen with PS5 edition being 4K, RT, Full VR support and possibly dinamic weather and day light exclusive to it.
Make it day one with PS5.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone has probably already discussed the logo to death right now, but just coming in here to add that I've searched the net for quite a while and was unable to find a logo that replicates the "7" in the logo posted by Next Level Racing. It's unique as far as I can find.

9977edd.png

Also their post is on Twitter and Facebook too:

twitter.com

Next Level Racing on Twitter

“What racing game are you most looking forward to in 2020?”
www.facebook.com

Next Level Racing

What racing game are you most looking forward to in 2020? #nextlevelracing #simracing #racingsim #esports

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Everyone has probably already discussed the logo to death right now, but just coming in here to add that I've searched the net for quite a while and was unable to find a logo that replicates the "7" in the logo posted by Next Level Racing. It's unique as far as I can find.

9977edd.png

Also their post is on Twitter and Facebook too:

twitter.com

Next Level Racing on Twitter

“What racing game are you most looking forward to in 2020?”
www.facebook.com

Next Level Racing

What racing game are you most looking forward to in 2020? #nextlevelracing #simracing #racingsim #esports

People are acting like it was just a two-second Photoshop job, but look at the way the 7 matches the angle of the GT logo. Look at the way the crossbar of the 7 aligns with the bottom of the T. Look at the way it fills out that corner and balances the logo, adding symmetry to the bottom half of the "G".

It doesn't really look like some vendor's mockup to me.

ZannrebeI

Oct 24, 2018
That 12 million is just people who have booted up the game which includes Gamepass. It's not active player count. Which GT has a larger base.

Let me know how many of those 12 million either A. own the game, or b continue to play it activly?

GT PLANET gives you fairly close stats, Microsoft gives you vague MAU and total amount of people who have installed/booted up Forza.
Nvm answered

Last edited:

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People are acting like it was just a two-second Photoshop job, but look at the way the 7 matches the angle of the GT logo. Look at the way it fills out that corner and balances the logo, adding symmetry to the bottom half of the "G".
And it's pixel perfect alignment with the bottom of the inside 7 to to the bottom of the T. And the top of the G is aligned with the bottom of the 7. An armature wouldn't do that.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Im confused, I tought GT sport was suppose to be a long lasting GT game. Instead they are releasing a GT7 this year? It's like the oppositive of everything I heard.

They already announced that they were slowing down on GTS updates, so we know something new is in the works.

And of course, Sony's releasing new hardware, so that could easily "explain" a new title. Although wanting to bring back the classic carPG gameplay could also be enough reason to give the game a "main series number," too (no matter how much Polyphony insisted that GTS was a main series game, some people kept viewing it as "just" a spin-off).